Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Shelleyfs

Mouseketeer
I ordered my cake today. I went back and forth a bit on whether I wanted to do it or not, but I am happy I did. I called Pat, I just love her. We always have a nice talk. I ordered a six inch open hat box cake. I am not sure I have seen a Disney themed one before. I asked for tropical filling/white cake, but unless a cake is being made w/ it.. it wont be available. I will cross my fingers, as I really enjoy that flavour. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

PrincessYoda

Earning My Ears
I could use some input from your creative minds :). I've ordered cakes in the past and had good luck with the results, but this one has me stumped. We'll be visiting in January, and I'd like a cake at our meal at Akershus to mark my daughter's 16th birthday. She is a huge Marvel fan - Iron Man is her favourite - but I understand they can't make Marvel cakes (is that still the case?). I was thinking of having something that "suggests" Marvel, instead. For example, a cake covered in fondant that that looks like space/night sky, with the infinity stones on top (not sure what they would be made of...some kind of sugar? This is why I need help, I don't know what I'm asking for!). And then we have them write "We love you 3000". Does anyone have other suggestions for a Marvel cake that isn't *obviously* a Marvel cake?

• lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
    @PrincessYoda I'd definitely check with Epcot and see if they have Marvel screen prints available—you never know! Then again, I like your idea better than a screen print. They might be able to make the infinity stones out of sugar and even have them light up! They made the flames for my volcano cake out of sugar...

PrincessYoda

Earning My Ears
    @PrincessYoda I'd definitely check with Epcot and see if they have Marvel screen prints available—you never know! Then again, I like your idea better than a screen print. They might be able to make the infinity stones out of sugar and even have them light up! They made the flames for my volcano cake out of sugar...

Lurkyloo, that would be amazing!

jdowney83

Earning My Ears
    I am looking for some ideas for a cake for my mother for her birthday. I had trouble thinking of really positive mothers in Disney movies oddly. The closest I could think of is the Fairy Godmother. Anyone got any ideas for a birthday cake for a mom? She mostly likes the classic movies (peter pan, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty, that era). Thanks.

HauntedMansionFangirl

Earning My Ears
    I’m too new to post a picture here, but I ordered and received a beautiful Cinderella cake about 10 days ago at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Ordering was easy, they were responsive, and the cake was beautiful and yummy. I ordered a 10 inch marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream between the cake and blue fondant. I requested pumpkins, a clock, flowers and I picked the 6 inch white chocolate Cinderella with gold details. Price was $130. My daughter was thrilled with it. If there is a way I can send a picture for posting I’m happy to do so.

• TinkLoverSam

DIS Veteran
    I’m too new to post a picture here, but I ordered and received a beautiful Cinderella cake about 10 days ago at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Ordering was easy, they were responsive, and the cake was beautiful and yummy. I ordered a 10 inch marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream between the cake and blue fondant. I requested pumpkins, a clock, flowers and I picked the 6 inch white chocolate Cinderella with gold details. Price was $130. My daughter was thrilled with it. If there is a way I can send a picture for posting I’m happy to do so.
    @lurkyloo

lurkyloo

I am looking for some ideas for a cake for my mother for her birthday. I had trouble thinking of really positive mothers in Disney movies oddly. The closest I could think of is the Fairy Godmother. Anyone got any ideas for a birthday cake for a mom? She mostly likes the classic movies (peter pan, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty, that era). Thanks.
    Let’s see... Mrs. Darling from Lady & The Tramp ends up a mother by the end of the movie. What if the cake looked like the hatbox Lady came in?

I think you also have too few posts for me to PM you, but if you send the photo to me at contact @ fairytaleweddingsguide . com I can post it for you!

Shelleyfs

Mouseketeer
    I had a requested a 6 inch hat box cake w/ Alice in Wonderland theme. I asked for it to be delicate and not over the top. It was $175. It was from the Grand Floridian Bakery and delivered to 1900 Park Fare. It was a beautiful cake, but a couple of things I thought was odd. I had to request AP discount. A guy in a suit said there was no AP discount on cakes. I thought there was and I remember getting a discount last year. He did finally give me the discount after he ran around w/ the slip in his hand for about 5 mins. It was kinda weird. The other odd thing was the forced gratuity. I was charged 18% for a party of 4 on the cake. On top of the 20% I gave for the meal. I know I tipped last year on my other cake, but it wasn't a forced amount. I'm not sure why that is bothering me so much, but that seems like a lot of tip considering they didn't even cut it. They just put it back in the box. Anyway the total after AP discount, tax and tip was $199 and change.

I was happy w/ the cake. The flowers were made of sugar I think.

Last edited:

lurkyloo

I had a requested a 6 inch hat box cake w/ Alice in Wonderland theme. I asked for it to be delicate and not over the top. It was $175. It was from the Grand Floridian Bakery and delivered to 1900 Park Fare. It was a beautiful cake, but a couple of things I thought was odd. I had to request AP discount. A guy in a suit said there was no AP discount on cakes. I thought there was and I remember getting a discount last year. He did finally give me the discount after he ran around w/ the slip in his hand for about 5 mins. It was kinda weird. The other odd thing was the forced gratuity. I was charged 18% for a party of 4 on the cake. On top of the 20% I gave for the meal. I know I tipped last year on my other cake, but it wasn't a forced amount. I'm not sure why that is bothering me so much, but that seems like a lot of tip considering they didn't even cut it. They just put it back in the box. Anyway the total after AP discount, tax and tip was $199 and change.

I was happy w/ the cake. The flowers were made of sugar I think.
    What a gorgeous cake! Thanks for sharing your experience! I've only ever used a Tables In Wonderland discount, but they do automatically apply a gratuity with that, so AP may be the same. I once asked them to reduce that gratuity since I was in a similar situation — it was being applied on the price of a $100+ cake and the server didn't even cut the cake. But it meant dealing with the manager and made me feel like a heel to even ask! :rolleyes2

• ShadowCross

Mouseketeer
    Does she like cats? The Aristocats have a mother.

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
    I know they’re animals, but Perdita from 101 Dalmatians and Sarabi from The Lion King are good moms.

QueenBeeMB

Let's talk crafts!
    Back to this thread for another trip! I do cakes each trip and it always is a highlight. So far I have done a Jessica/Roger Rabbit cake, and an Up themed cake. This time I have no idea what I want to do! I usually tie in the cake to my room/door/window decorations and make a whole themed trip. Going in Feb 2020 and hopeful I can brainstorm some good ideas soon. :wizard:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    Disney World Restaurant Menus Disney World Rehabs and Closings

MINI DINING REVIEWS

THEME PARK MAPS

DIS PODCASTS