Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hey guys - just wanted to share how my anniversary cake turned out! My DH was surprised and really liked that I chose Wall-E and Eve for our special day. We really enjoyed it, and have plenty left over!
  • $110
  • Nov. 18, 2018
  • California Grill
  • 6" vanilla cake, dark chocolate mousse (highly recommend!), vanilla buttercream

I didn't ask for fondant, so I wish I had known they were going to do that beforehand, as it probably added unnecessary cost. Also, I was hoping for a little more sparkle or contrast in the blue hues. If I were ever to do this again, I would be sure to go over details with whoever is taking the order. Be as specific as possible in writing, then when you talk to them to handle payment, go over the details again. It shouldn't matter to them - they need to get it right! Lord knows you're paying them enough!
Cake.jpg Cake inside.jpg

Hey y'all! Today was Moana cake day!!! Y'all, I'm so happy my daughter's reaction was perfect! She kept leaning in to pick Pearl's and chocolate bits out. This was an 8 inch marble with strawberry and custard filling delivered to Sanaa. Of course you can't see the sparkle on the cake but the whole thing shimmered and we have so much left over!! Cake for days!View attachment 359672 in

This is SO cute!!!! How much was this?

We ordered a 6 inch Coco from Glorimar at GF and it was delivered to Narcoossee's. We did a white cake with fresh strawberries and mousse. I gave a budget of $150 and told her to do whatever she thought would look great and special. When we got the cake all underneath the petals were battery operated tiny lights and it made all the petals feel alive like walking over the bridge in the movie. It was amazing. I hope I do the pictures correctly. conor1.jpg conor2.jpg

We ordered a 6 inch Coco from Glorimar at GF and it was delivered to Narcoossee's. We did a white cake with fresh strawberries and mousse. I gave a budget of $150 and told her to do whatever she thought would look great and special. When we got the cake all underneath the petals were battery operated tiny lights and it made all the petals feel alive like walking over the bridge in the movie. It was amazing. I hope I do the pictures correctly.

WOW! What a clever idea for a Coco cake. Thanks for sharing!

Just called Yacht and Beach Private Dining to order a cake for December 3rd (procrastinated a bit :scared:), so I wasn’t sure if they were even going to be able to take an order. Turns out they have availability (yay!). I ordered a two tier mini cake - vanilla cake flavor with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries filling :lovestruc I did have to go on hold while she confirmed whether or not they could do the fruit filling in the mini cake.

The cake is for my parents’ bdays (they are only two days apart) and the only design specifications I gave were that it be Christmas themed with Mickey snowman, Christmas trees, gingerbread men or any other Christmas decor. We all have December birthdays and we are big Christmas people :rotfl:

Waiting to get a quote back on pricing because there is going to be an up charge for the filing.. hopefully it’s not tooo crazy. I had that filling for our rehearsal dinner cake back in April and it was AMAZING.

Oh and it’s going to be delivered to our breakfast at Ale and Compass on Dec 3rd... because it’s Disney where cake for breakfast is completely fine :thumbsup2

ETA: got the email quote this morning. The cake with the fruit filling is going to be $56 and then an additional $40 for handmade foundant Christmas decorations, so $96 total. A little more than I wanted to spend for a small cake, and I could probably get a 6” cake for close to the same price, but we definitely don’t need that much cake lol

Last edited:
We ordered a 6 inch Coco from Glorimar at GF and it was delivered to Narcoossee's. We did a white cake with fresh strawberries and mousse. I gave a budget of $150 and told her to do whatever she thought would look great and special. When we got the cake all underneath the petals were battery operated tiny lights and it made all the petals feel alive like walking over the bridge in the movie. It was amazing. I hope I do the pictures correctly. View attachment 367209 View attachment 367210

wow!! this is gorgeous!!

We ordered a 6 inch Coco from Glorimar at GF and it was delivered to Narcoossee's. We did a white cake with fresh strawberries and mousse. I gave a budget of $150 and told her to do whatever she thought would look great and special. When we got the cake all underneath the petals were battery operated tiny lights and it made all the petals feel alive like walking over the bridge in the movie. It was amazing. I hope I do the pictures correctly. View attachment 367209 tView attachment 367210

This is amazing!!

Does anyone have pictures of an Ariel two tier mini cake? I tried searching the thread but couldn't get photos, just words. I was hoping to pay no more than $80 for the cake. It would have to be delivered to 1900 Park Faire since they don't deliver to Cinderella's Royal Table anymore.

Ordered two cakes for room delivery to Art Of Animation. Used the phone number on the first page. Lady on the phone was super nice and easy to work with. Cakes were in our room when we arrived, she had asked what time I wanted them delivered and I said 530 but we ended not getting to our room til 7ish after a late landing at the airport and they were already there on the table in the room along with some plastic forks and plates. Green 8 inch vanilla cake was 48 and the blue one tier mini cake with white chocolate castle was 40. They were absolutely delicious!! Very sweet though, ended up eating most of it for breakfast so I could have coffee with it. Not sure if the pics d20181129_191858-1209x1623412.jpg 20181129_191901-1209x4561612.jpg 20181129_201033-1209x1613442.jpg 20181129_201030-1203449x1612.jpg o them justice, they were very sparkly

Hello, I'm hoping someone might have some advice on how to get help with my cake order. I posted a few weeks back of my experience with George at Contemporary for my daughter's Rapunzel cake for December 19th. I spoke with George on November 10th. We discussed a 6 inch cake with a 2D Rapunzel with a braid coming down, flowers in braid, lavender frosting. He said we could communicate through email and I could send him my ideas/pictures etc. I emailed him with pics and a summary of our discussion. His response on November 19 was "When is this for and what is your budget"? That is it. So I emailed him again stating the date and budget again, and another detailed email with pics and design ideas. A week went by and he emailed with " can I have your reservation number and how many people". I sent him the info and asked if he could provide feedback on the design aspects of the cake as it is getting closer. I am floored that he emailed me on Saturday with "what design are you thinking of" :scared1: I called the cake line again and left a message to speak to a manager but haven't heard back. Does anyone have a number I can call??

I am floored that he emailed me on Saturday with "what design are you thinking of" :scared1: I called the cake line again and left a message to speak to a manager but haven't heard back. Does anyone have a number I can call??

I believe George is a Private Dining CM, not a pastry chef. Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transfered to Private Dining. You may get George or someone else. Ask them to read you exactly what your current cake order says and be sure that all your requests are noted. It should also mention if photos were emailed. If not, have them add that with the date you emailed them and your email address.

Just called Yacht and Beach Private Dining to order a cake for December 3rd (procrastinated a bit :scared:), so I wasn’t sure if they were even going to be able to take an order. Turns out they have availability (yay!). I ordered a two tier mini cake - vanilla cake flavor with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries filling :lovestruc I did have to go on hold while she confirmed whether or not they could do the fruit filling in the mini cake.

The cake is for my parents’ bdays (they are only two days apart) and the only design specifications I gave were that it be Christmas themed with Mickey snowman, Christmas trees, gingerbread men or any other Christmas decor. We all have December birthdays and we are big Christmas people :rotfl:

Waiting to get a quote back on pricing because there is going to be an up charge for the filing.. hopefully it’s not tooo crazy. I had that filling for our rehearsal dinner cake back in April and it was AMAZING.

Oh and it’s going to be delivered to our breakfast at Ale and Compass on Dec 3rd... because it’s Disney where cake for breakfast is completely fine :thumbsup2

ETA: got the email quote this morning. The cake with the fruit filling is going to be $56 and then an additional $40 for handmade foundant Christmas decorations, so $96 total. A little more than I wanted to spend for a small cake, and I could probably get a 6” cake for close to the same price, but we definitely don’t need that much cake lol

The cake was delivered at Ale and Compass this morning! I reminded the hostess at the podium (walked ahead of my parents so I didn’t ruin the surprise) and she immediately knew who I was and said she would let our server know.

I was a little worried throughout breakfast because our server seemed veryyy frazzled. Her table beside us decided they were going to dine and dash when she told them their credit card had reached its limit. One of them went out the front entrance and the other out the side entrance. They were talking about power walking to Epcot and being “women on a mission.” When our server came back she bolted out the side exit and tried to catch them but couldn’t :sad2: Just can’t believe there are awful people out there like that.

Anyway the cake turned out beautiful!!! I absolutely loved what they created considering my specifications were pretty vague. It tasted just like Strawberry Shortcake and was so so yummy :lovestruc The mini cake was the perfect amount for 3 people. We had maybe a couple of bites leftover.

I was charged $96 for the cake as quoted beforehand. It was added to the total bill, so the suggested tip was based on breakfast + cake. I usually would redo the tip to not include the cake price, but felt bad for our server dealing with the dine and dashers, so left the extra tip on the cake. She seemed really upset about the people ditching :scared:

01D1E6DD-C8C5-4322-9D1D-2A4BB73588CE.jpegFBE419F3-2A41-49C8-86B3-0825D5AD7C17.jpeg 95B78BAF-0E1C-4635-B18E-B51A1F6288BB.jpeg

I believe George is a Private Dining CM, not a pastry chef. Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transfered to Private Dining. You may get George or someone else. Ask them to read you exactly what your current cake order says and be sure that all your requests are noted. It should also mention if photos were emailed. If not, have them add that with the date you emailed them and your email address.

Thank you, thank you! This worked and I was able to reach James. He said he wanted to talk with George first to go through the "proper channels" but that either George or he would call me back tomorrow the latest.

The cake was delivered at Ale and Compass this morning! I reminded the hostess at the podium (walked ahead of my parents so I didn’t ruin the surprise) and she immediately knew who I was and said she would let our server know.

WOW! That is a fabulous Christmas cake! Now I'm tempted to add a second cake to our trip just to see what Yacht & Beach Club would come up with!

Thank you, thank you! This worked and I was able to reach James. He said he wanted to talk with George first to go through the "proper channels" but that either George or he would call me back tomorrow the latest.

I'm so glad you're getting it sorted out!

I don’t know if this is where to ask. But I want to get a cake delivered to our dinner at artist point on December 17th. Does anyone know if this is doable. Do I just call the number for Wilderness Lodge that is posted on the first post on this thread? Our reservation isn’t until 840pm. I am totally new to this.

I don’t know if this is where to ask. But I want to get a cake delivered to our dinner at artist point on December 17th. Does anyone know if this is doable. Do I just call the number for Wilderness Lodge that is posted on the first post on this thread? Our reservation isn’t until 840pm. I am totally new to this.

Yep just call the number. If you want something more elaborate tell them that and get them to let you contact the contemporary but your first step is calling that number ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!