Official DIS-Bride & Groom/'Mooners Meet & Greet- ONLY 4 MONTHS-Get in on the FUN!

Okay, lets say we chose Mid-Late August, September, or October--- who's weddings would we be interfering with?

Im getting excited :woohoo:

I think we should avoid holiday weekends (Labor Day) b/c of higher hotel rates, airfare, etc. What do you all think? Or would it be easier for everyone to travel over a holiday weekend :confused3

I think we should avoid holiday weekends (Labor Day) b/c of higher hotel rates, airfare, etc. What do you all think? Or would it be easier for everyone to travel over a holiday weekend :confused3

I would prefer not a holiday weekend but let's see what the majority votes. :goodvibes

HI all!

I's be all in to go to SC too, and Jen...that's a great idea (and generous offer to fly in and drive with you). If it's late summer/early fall I won't be able to commit because I start articling in August, so I won't know my availability until like the last minute....

:sad2:

I agree with later, b/c I absolutely hate hot weather, even though I am very very used to it and high humidity in new orleans, it sucks to shoo/walk/golf anything in miserable weather!

Is B.G. a Golfer too?

Atleast most of the guys have that in common..

Absolutely, he loves to golf. Though, he hasn't had the chance since his dad got really sick last year.... He would love to spend a day "goofing" around...

Then again - he is a shopper and loves to look at historical places. He might want to hang with the girls....:lmao:

Absolutely, he loves to golf. Though, he hasn't had the chance since his dad got really sick last year.... He would love to spend a day "goofing" around...

Then again - he is a shopper and loves to look at historical places. He might want to hang with the girls....:lmao:

Atleast he wont be bummed about coming:woohoo: :banana: !!

You're right Maggie....:rotfl2: You know, we aren't a couple hours from each other, BG and I were thinking of doing a Pigeon Forge trip for some shopping.

I, for one, am voting for September or October - after Labor Day. BG and I are both teachers, and it would be really hard to miss at the end of the school year, or at the very beginning.

Come on over to Pigeon Forge-- theres good golf this way too!! If you do come let me know-- we can get together.

I LOVE Charleston-- for those of you haven't been there before you will love it. I'm a Georgia girl myself (althought I live in Pittsburgh now-- I miss the south like woah!!!) so I went to SC a lot growing up, and I have family in Charleston.

I would like to make one suggestion-- not to do it until the fall. I was there last summer in August for a wedding, and OMG the heat was so unbelievably oppressive-- worst than Disney in the summer. The humidity is unbelievable because you're right by the ocean, plus if you're downtown (which is the best part for shopping and food and what not) there is NO breeze, so you just walk around and sweat and sweat. The heat index when I was there was about 112-- pretty unpleasant.

I'll still go in the summer but everyone has to bring lots of deoderant!!! :rotfl:

The beaches are SO nice there in Sept/Oct/Nov too. pixiedust:

Anyway, that's just my thought. The food is sooo yummy. That's going to be only a few months before my wedding-- someone is going to have to make sure Ii don't eat too much so I'll still fit into my wedding dress!!!!! :rotfl2:

How funny! I used to live in Pittsburgh and now I live in Charleston.

I agree that we should maybe make it for the Fall. The weather is soooo nice and you're right about downtown in the summer! The air is STAGNANT! It's good to hear that it's hotter here than it is in WDW in the summer, because I can stand this heat, so I should be fine in WDW in July for the wedding :cheer2:

Also, Jen made a good point. It's actually fairly expensive to fly into Charleston because we don't have a discount airline. Hopefully by Fall we will, but that may change some people's minds about choosing Charleston. Just wanted you to have all your info. :)

September 2007

Moonlight Mixers “Shaggin’ on the Pier”
09/07/2007
Enjoy the ocean breeze as you dance under the stars on the Folly Beach Fishing Pier.

Scottish Games & Highland Gathering
09/15/2007

ChazzFest
09/22/2007
Showcasing a broad spectrum of acts, while exploring the rich musical history of Charleston and the Carolinas.

31st Annual Fall Tours of Homes & Gardens
09/27/2007 - 10/28/2007
The Tours feature the interiors of architecturally significant privately owned homes, beautiful gardens, churches and public buildings of historic Charleston.

Mount Pleasant Farmers Market
04/10/2007 - 10/16/2007
Offering vegetables, fruits, seafood, flowers, plants, baked goods, canned goods, fresh cooked meals and snacks.

September Sports in Charleston
09/01/2007 - 09/30/2007

October 2007

09/27/2007 - 10/28/2007
The Tours feature the interiors of architecturally significant privately owned homes, beautiful gardens, churches and public buildings of historic Charleston.

16th Annual Festival Hispano
10/07/2007
Come feel the heat at North Charleston Wannamaker County Park as we celebrate the sights and sounds of the Hispanic world!

Moncks Corner Professional Rodeo at Berkeley County Fairgrounds
10/12/2007 - 10/13/2007
This year’s Dick Smith Chevrolet, Moncks Corner Pro Rodeo was a superb rodeo. It was a dry rodeo for the 1st time in 5 years! A standing room only crowd both nights enjoyed some of the top cowboy's in the nation.

Salsa Under the Stars
10/12/2007
Dance the night away as DJ Luigi spins the hottest salsa and Latin music around.

04/10/2007 - 10/16/2007
Offering vegetables, fruits, seafood, flowers, plants, baked goods, canned goods, fresh cooked meals and snacks.

October Sports in Charleston
10/01/2007 - 10/31/2007

November 2007

Harvest Festival
11/03/2007
Come out to Mullet Hall Equestrian Center within Johns Island County Park for the 6th Annual Harvest Fest!

National Veterans Day Celebration
11/08/2007 - 11/11/2007

11/08/2007 - 11/11/2007
Celebrate the rich military history and heritage of Charleston.

Holiday Festival of Lights Fun Run & Walk
11/08/2007
Runners & walkers will be among the first to preview the magical holiday light displays at James Island County Park.

7th FestiVelo de Chrleston 2007
11/29/2007 - 12/03/2007

November Sports in Charleston
11/01/2007 - 11/30/2007

Holiday Festival of Lights
11/09/2007 - 01/01/2008
With over two-million gleaming lights, this three-mile magical driving tour and holiday village will certainly become a memorable holiday tradition for your friends and family.

September 2007

Moonlight Mixers “Shaggin’ on the Pier”
09/07/2007
Enjoy the ocean breeze as you dance under the stars on the Folly Beach Fishing Pier.

Scottish Games & Highland Gathering
09/15/2007

ChazzFest
09/22/2007
Showcasing a broad spectrum of acts, while exploring the rich musical history of Charleston and the Carolinas.

09/27/2007 - 10/28/2007

04/10/2007 - 10/16/2007

September Sports in Charleston
09/01/2007 - 09/30/2007

October 2007

09/27/2007 - 10/28/2007

16th Annual Festival Hispano
10/07/2007
Come feel the heat at North Charleston Wannamaker County Park as we celebrate the sights and sounds of the Hispanic world!

Moncks Corner Professional Rodeo at Berkeley County Fairgrounds
10/12/2007 - 10/13/2007
This year’s Dick Smith Chevrolet, Moncks Corner Pro Rodeo was a superb rodeo. It was a dry rodeo for the 1st time in 5 years! A standing room only crowd both nights enjoyed some of the top cowboy's in the nation.

Salsa Under the Stars
10/12/2007
Dance the night away as DJ Luigi spins the hottest salsa and Latin music around.

04/10/2007 - 10/16/2007

October Sports in Charleston
10/01/2007 - 10/31/2007

November 2007

Harvest Festival
11/03/2007
Come out to Mullet Hall Equestrian Center within Johns Island County Park for the 6th Annual Harvest Fest!

11/08/2007 - 11/11/2007

11/08/2007 - 11/11/2007
Celebrate the rich military history and heritage of Charleston.

Holiday Festival of Lights Fun Run & Walk
11/08/2007
Runners & walkers will be among the first to preview the magical holiday light displays at James Island County Park.

7th FestiVelo de Chrleston 2007
11/29/2007 - 12/03/2007

November Sports in Charleston
11/01/2007 - 11/30/2007

Holiday Festival of Lights
11/09/2007 - 01/01/2008
With over two-million gleaming lights, this three-mile magical driving tour and holiday village will certainly become a memorable holiday tradition for your friends and family.

Wow Karen, thanks for looking all that stuff up! I like the idea of the home and gardens tour, that could be fun! Or, maybe the salsa dancing, though I could totally see myself getting hurt and DF NOT going for that at all :rotfl:

Wow Karen, thanks for looking all that stuff up! I like the idea of the home and gardens tour, that could be fun! Or, maybe the salsa dancing, though I could totally see myself getting hurt and DF NOT going for that at all :rotfl:

Jen, I agree with you on that one! I don't think you will be the only one coming out of there on crutches....:lmao:

The Homes and Gardens tour does sound really neat, as does the Harvest Festival. But then again, I just like food....:cutie:

I think the garden and homes tour sounds really neat-- I love looking at historical stuff (but im a history buff anyway).

I also think the farmers market sounds good--

The two happen to go on at the same time I think. Maybe we could catch a couple of different things.

Karen, what are your suggestions?

DH and I looked into moving to Charleston at one point. Karen, how far do you live from there?? We may consider it again in the near future-- especially because we havent made up our mind what to do here as far as moving. I may ask you for some advice. My number 1 choice in colleges (other than Georgetown), was College of Charleston (Or Rhodes in Memphis).... but I met my fiance and decided to stick with a nearby private college... only to flunk a class called Garbology (the study of garbage), which was a January Term Class (my liberal arts school has 3 terms, fall, j-term, and spring)... and as an honor student-- i really got bummed out when I flunked a stupid class about garbage (because I missed a day to go to the doctor-- no excuses in a 30 day class)... so-- that was the end of my liberal arts education. Okay, now why am I telling you this?:confused3 Im a rambler if you cant tell...:rolleyes1

Maggie- Jeff and I were thinking of moving to Charleston too :rotfl: He really wants to love somewhere in SC, NC, or TN. I'm just so homesick though.. I have been living in SC or GA for the past 6 1/2 years and just want to move back to NJ. Jeff still has 2 more years of school here though, so you never know what will happen. Maybe we'll all end up in Charleston :)

Jen- C'mon know-- we gotta knock some since into ya-- the south is the place to be! I love Tennessee, and will always call this my home (just as you probobly call NJ home)... but DH and I contemplated moving just for our santity (his family can be a little overwhelming). I think everything in the Charleston area seems to be pretty pricey though- so i dont know. I couldnt imagine moving away from my family so only time will tell. Tennessee is nice-- maybe come my way;) if nothing but a vacation.

Jen- C'mon know-- we gotta knock some since into ya-- the south is the place to be! I love Tennessee, and will always call this my home (just as you probobly call NJ home)... but DH and I contemplated moving just for our santity (his family can be a little overwhelming). I think everything in the Charleston area seems to be pretty pricey though- so i dont know. I couldnt imagine moving away from my family so only time will tell. Tennessee is nice-- maybe come my way;) if nothing but a vacation.

See I love the South too, but DF's fam is in SC and they drive me nuts! We had actually always planned on living in the South, but last year things just got so bad and they were meddling in our lives so much, that I decided I NEED to move back home for my sanity :sad2: Jeff's grandparents live in Spring City, TN is Rhea County. Is that near you at all? It's like an hour west of Knoxville. We visit them every couple of months, so maybe we could meet up :goodvibes

Rhea County is about an hour and a half away. I live just between Knoxville and Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. We should definately meet up sometime--- and trust me, I completely understand about the keeping your santity due to meddling in-laws.

YES!!!!!!!!!! You should both move here :cheer2: :cheer2: We are in Mount Pleasant which is right across the bridge from downtown Charleston. We are a little further north near the Isle of Palms beach, so it takes us about 10-15 minutes to get downtown. It really is a great area.

It's going to be so hard for me to be the 'events coordinator' for this thing when I've only lived here for a year and a half, but I'll do the best I can. The homes and gardens tour is something I've always wanted to do and looks pretty cool as are carriage tours. I can tell you now that DF and I have gone to the farmers market and it's kind of lame. I grew up near Amish country and they have some kick a** farmers markets, so maybe it's just because I'm comparing it to them, but the one on that events list is fairly small.

Our FAVORITE thing to do in the fall is the Taste of Charleston (usually held in October.) It's a HUGE food and wine festival on one of the plantations (the one that Gone With the Wind was themed after.) You don't pay admission, but you buy tickets when you go in and then each vendor sells sample sizes of their food for a certain number of tickets. There are also little games and stuff, like a wine glasses on a serving tray race between some of the top local servers. It's really fun! If anyone is interested, I can go check and see what the dates will be this year.

We also really enjoy the Holiday Festival of Lights which is in November & December. It's a driving tour through a state park in which they have millions of lights and lighted scenery. There is a Santa's workshop for you to stop at which has a bunch of Christmas craft stores, Santa himself, local crafts done by our public schools, train & boat rides, giant sand sculptures, and a bunch of GIANT fire pits where you can buy smores kits and make smores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!