Official DIS-Bride & Groom/'Mooners Meet & Greet- ONLY 4 MONTHS-Get in on the FUN!

I have another suggestion. Since we are located all over the country and some of us are on a tight budget because of our weddings how about we meet regionally and then plan on a big DIS meet where everyone can get together from all regions down the road.

If there is a meet in Charleston sounds like the DH and DF's who golf will be set. If I say to my DF he can golf the whole time I would probably be allowed to go!

I think regionally sounds like a good idea-- and then once we do that we can organize another meet for later on.

I also think those in the UK could schedule a meet.

What is the deal with men and golf?
"Honey, you want to go on a weekend vacation and meet some new people"
"NO WAY!"
"You can golf while you are there"
"Im in!"

I want in, I want in, please, the only thing is I live all the way in the carribean, but don't you guys wanna come over here????? From miami it is just a 3 hour flight:rolleyes: There's lots to do here very good food, the most beautifull beaches you have ever seen and also golf courses for the guys:goodvibes Well I would love to go on a disney cruise so, man I would love to meet all you guys it sounds like so much fun!!!!!:wave2:

Charleston was an idea that seemed like it was well liked by a lot of people..

If we do go to Charleston what are things we could do there....

Charleston was an idea that seemed like it was well liked by a lot of people..

If we do go to Charleston what are things we could do there....

What do girls like to do when they get together? SHOPPING!!!:rotfl:

I agree with Charleston - sounds like a great place to get together. Friendly and full of fun. Just like all of us...;)

Besides, the men will like that they have AMAZING golf courses. For some more info about the City, http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/index.html

WOW! I miss a LOT when I can't DIS during school :(

I can't believe Charleston is a hit!!! :cheer2: My DF works at two of the golf courses on Kiawah Island, but they are private. However, he does have a lot of connections at many of the other local courses.

I can help with the 'what is there to do' thing if I know what types of entertainment we're looking for.

Like Jen said, there are FABULOUS restaurants (I still love WDW, though ;) ) and there are a lot of historical places and plantations. Then you have your usual shopping type things. Let me know what we decide to do and I can try to help with a lot of it.

However, then I will have pressure for my wedding AND our DIS meet to go perfectly. Uh oh, perfectionist overload!!!!!!!!

I would love to meet everyone. I just found the boards, but I'm addicted. I read them everyday, can't wait until I can call and reserve my dates for Dec 08 wedding, until then I love reading everyone's stories. I'm a Florida gal so it's easy for me to get to Disney. I'm an annual passholder and go several times a year sometimes just for a day. I'm going next month for a whole week. I've never been able to stay longer than 4 days so the 9 I'm getting is a special treat! My second favorite place to go is Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, we travel up there once a year usually in Oct/Nov.

Michelle

Hi ladies!

I swear, I'm gone all day, and here is a whole 5 pages! It's so hard for me to keep up on everything.

Okay, here is what I am thinking. I would love to come, but I think a small scale meet would be better initially. DF and I are going to be in school for a few more years with grad school and everything. Basically, we aren't going to have a ton of extra $$ to go on any big vacations. I am all for a weekend getaway, somewhere in the middle/ southeast of the country.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not the DF/DHs come along. Although, if DF doesn't come with, I'll probably have to fly because I can't see driving 10-15 hours by myself.

Charleston sounds really nice. This is going to sound kind of lame, but has anyone ever read the book "Scarlett" which is the (much later) follow-up to "Gone with the Wind"? Well, ever since reading that, I've wanted to visit the South, including Charleston. Does anyone know how far Charleston is from Oklahoma?

Sorry for the rambles, and now I just realized it's time to go watch Grey's Anatomy:happytv:

COUNT ME IN!!:cheer2:

So tonight I approached DH with the idea of going to Charleston to meet everyone-- and that the guys could go golfing..

He was more excited than I was (don't get too excited-- saying golf in a sentence of any type gets DH really excited). I think he's sold!!

Idea:idea: -- Just an idea
I think it would be great to do like a friday night, all day saturday, sunday morning thing. Friday night for those who can make it-- go ahead and get aquainted... maybe just eat and crash. Saturday ... the big meet-- girls going out collectively, guys golfing (those who dont golf doing other guy stuff), that night we all get together to do something fun or something... and then sunday is like a farewell breakfast or something.

DisneyBridetoBe08-- Im glad you like Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge-- that's definately my area!! next time your this way let me know :)

wow you miss a lot when you are in class for 5 hours! I definately wouldnt be able to do more than a weekend thing...and we could all bring our wedding/honeymoon pictures and stuff. how fun would it be to have like a little "party" one night we are there and get all dressed up and have fun!

I LOVE Charleston-- for those of you haven't been there before you will love it. I'm a Georgia girl myself (althought I live in Pittsburgh now-- I miss the south like woah!!!) so I went to SC a lot growing up, and I have family in Charleston.

I would like to make one suggestion-- not to do it until the fall. I was there last summer in August for a wedding, and OMG the heat was so unbelievably oppressive-- worst than Disney in the summer. The humidity is unbelievable because you're right by the ocean, plus if you're downtown (which is the best part for shopping and food and what not) there is NO breeze, so you just walk around and sweat and sweat. The heat index when I was there was about 112-- pretty unpleasant.

I'll still go in the summer but everyone has to bring lots of deoderant!!! :rotfl:

The beaches are SO nice there in Sept/Oct/Nov too. pixiedust:

Anyway, that's just my thought. The food is sooo yummy. That's going to be only a few months before my wedding-- someone is going to have to make sure Ii don't eat too much so I'll still fit into my wedding dress!!!!! :rotfl2:

:) hey girls count me in depending on time and location!! I think charleston is a great idea:thumbsup2 i have to run it by DF! I am from jersey but that shouldnt take that long of a drive!:goodvibes

i think this is a great idea i would love to see charlston!!
and a weekend is great
the fall sounds good but i am getting married oct 21st
but that is just me

wow - this sounds fun! Charleston sounds like a blast. Since I'm using up 2 weeks of vacation time for my wedding/honeymoon in a couple months I don't get any more vacation time from work until October... summer for me for a meet and greet would be out, but if you guys are thinking about something for the fall, I would definitely consider that!

Wow, my power was out basically all day yesterday, and I cannot believe all I have missed :rotfl:

I am SO excited about Charleston! It's beautiful and there is a TON to do! Golf for the boys... shopping, beaches, history, FOOD for us! The dowtown area is just lovely! I am sooooo excited :cheer2:

Ok, since Karen is the only one who lives there and would probably be helping us out a lot (sorry Karen for nominating you, I'd definitely be able to help too!), how about we plan it for after her wedding? Her wedding is in July, so maybe late summer or Fall? How does that sound to everyone? Just trying to make it easier on you Karen ;)

If anyone is flying in, and cannot afford to fly to Charleston... you can fly to Atlanta and you can drive with me :)

JJClemson- Thats such a great suggestion (well-- all your ideas are good, i.e. riding with you, having it after Karen's wedding, etc).

Okay, lets say we chose Mid-Late August, September, or October--- who's weddings would we be interfering with?

Im getting excited :woohoo:

Awww, if I could have stayed any more than 3 weeks I could have made the trip up to SC, but unfortunately I can't:sad1: Never mind, I want loads of pics and many, many trip reports!

Awww, if I could have stayed any more than 3 weeks I could have made the trip up to SC, but unfortunately I can't:sad1: Never mind, I want loads of pics and many, many trip reports!

S-C, you all should have a DIS bride meet in the UK! Then maybe we can all get together down the road :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter