***Official December 2023 Thread***

Since we're doing Christmas week this time around, I'm thinking ADRs may be difficult particularly since I may just be doing 2 parks day and DH 1, but I'm remaining positive and won't stress too much about it. Rose & Crown, Ohana (seems to interest DH), Flying Fish, and Toledo. Possibilities: BOMA (B), Topolino's (D), Boatwrights, and hoping for Jock Lindsay and Geyser Point for a couple of dinners. I don't think any of these should be too hard to book except maybe trying to score an Ohana ressie, so that will be first and then I guess I'll find out. Not mentioning Ohana to DH because for the last 2 trips I've booked it and ended up cancelling.
Oh! I almost forgot Sanaa. Finally ate there last year and it was definitely a highlight of our trip. Also being that it's during Christmas, it makes it that much better. AKL/AKV is a lovely resort during the holidays.

I am so excited about this. I moved a couple of this around so we can do EEH at AK on December 4th. I have never been able to see AK at night, it always closes so early, and I hear it is beautiful.
Me, too! Can’t wait to see Pandora at night!

Booked ADRs this morning and got everything we wanted! Well, except for the Candlelight Processional dining package...still impatiently waiting for those to come out. :rotfl2:

I don't know about anyone else, but for me once the dining is booked the trip feels SO CLOSE! :cool1:

Booked ADRs this morning and got everything we wanted! Well, except for the Candlelight Processional dining package...still impatiently waiting for those to come out. :rotfl2:

I don't know about anyone else, but for me once the dining is booked the trip feels SO CLOSE! :cool1:

Yes! I booked my dining on Friday, and figured out what room area I want to request on Touring Plans yesterday. Seems like it was taking forever for my 60 day mark to arrive!

Same here. Waiting for Candlelight announcements. Our ADRs open Oct 11th for our trip so I'm truly wishing on news this week.

I know I'm waiting on candlelight speakers and the Epcot Christmas booth menu's. I'm so ready for this trip.

Staying at BLT December 7-12 with my spouse, mother, and 3 year old daughter. Very excited to go this year since my daughter now knows who Mickey is! (and Minnie, and Pluto, and Donald, and Daisy, and Goofy, etc) after discovering Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Funhouse::MickeyMo. Went last December with the in-laws and she didn’t know any characters but boy did she like the bubble wands!

Staying at BLT December 7-12 with my spouse, mother, and 3 year old daughter. Very excited to go this year since my daughter now knows who Mickey is! (and Minnie, and Pluto, and Donald, and Daisy, and Goofy, etc) after discovering Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Funhouse::MickeyMo. Went last December with the in-laws and she didn’t know any characters but boy did she like the bubble wands!
Oops! Meant to post this in the December 2023 thread 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hey everyone! Just wanted to add our dates to the thread. My daughter and I will be staying at BRV the 16-23 for our annual mother/daughter trip (around every other year my son also comes, but this is his off year). I am so excited. My ideal time would be earlier in December before the massive crowds start, but we have to wait for my daughter to finish taking her college finals before we can leave (ugh, school getting in the way of Disney! haha).

We have 7 day park hoppers, so originally I wasn't planning on any holiday parties this year. We have been many times before and are ok skipping them because they are so expensive. However, due the 20% off Target Circle TripAdvisor code and extra 5% cashback at both PayPal and Chase Sapphire Reserve, we are now attending the December 19th party. We saved $110, so I feel a little better.

Another reason I decided on the party was because I don't know if I can count on the Wednesday Extended Evening Hours being at MK during our week, which I thought was a given due to the past schedules. It still may happen, I guess, but it looks like they're really cutting back at MK which is annoying. We are coming from the mountain time zone, so we much prefer slower, later mornings and late nights. I also just love taking the boat back to Wilderness Lodge late at night. Last year, we stayed at VGF and we were the only people in the lobby at 11:30 and got pics with the tree with no one around at all.

I'm also waiting for the Candlelight news and I can't wait to see the foodie guides. I just love the holidays at Disney!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to add our dates to the thread. My daughter and I will be staying at BRV the 16-23 for our annual mother/daughter trip (around every other year my son also comes, but this is his off year). I am so excited. My ideal time would be earlier in December before the massive crowds start, but we have to wait for my daughter to finish taking her college finals before we can leave (ugh, school getting in the way of Disney! haha).

We have 7 day park hoppers, so originally I wasn't planning on any holiday parties this year. We have been many times before and are ok skipping them because they are so expensive. However, due the 20% off Target Circle TripAdvisor code and extra 5% cashback at both PayPal and Chase Sapphire Reserve, we are now attending the December 19th party. We saved $110, so I feel a little better.

Another reason I decided on the party was because I don't know if I can count on the Wednesday Extended Evening Hours being at MK during our week, which I thought was a given due to the past schedules. It still may happen, I guess, but it looks like they're really cutting back at MK which is annoying. We are coming from the mountain time zone, so we much prefer slower, later mornings and late nights. I also just love taking the boat back to Wilderness Lodge late at night. Last year, we stayed at VGF and we were the only people in the lobby at 11:30 and got pics with the tree with no one around at all.

I'm also waiting for the Candlelight news and I can't wait to see the foodie guides. I just love the holidays at Disney!
:welcome:to the thread! You're now on the list! :mickeyjum

While I’m sad Raul Esparza isn’t returning we were BLESSED! Simu, John, NPHand on top of that newcomers in the form of Chrissy, Sterling and the two that made me squeal:

AUDRA MCDONALD AND BRENDAN FRASER

Whoever was in charge of booking this year is my hero

Got John Stamos and NPH the week we're there! Excited but also a bit worried about the crowds they'll bring in, especially with the new fireworks show starting that week as well. Oh well, Epcot was at a 9 crowd level according to touringplans our last time there a few weeks ago, so I guess it can't get much worse than that :rotfl:

Whoever was in charge of booking this year is my hero

Right?! Wow, this the one of the best line ups I've seen in years. We have Sterling K Brown for 2 of our nights and I love him. We were in Disneyland when he was their Candlelight narrator and he was amazing from what we heard as we walked by (Disneyland's is different and the general public can't attend easily).

I just don't like any of the restaurants they offer for packages, especially not to pay that much. I remember when they had so many more to choose from. We did Via Napoli in 2016 and I wish that was sill an option.

Really going to change my days around so that I can see Brendon Fraser (right now it's Eva Longoria) and add on a dining package for it. I love him way too much to miss out on that!!

I just don't like any of the restaurants they offer for packages, especially not to pay that much. I remember when they had so many more to choose from. We did Via Napoli in 2016 and I wish that was sill an option.
Okay, same. I wasn't paying much attention to the restaurants offered but man, absolutely zero of those interest me. Especially with my son being 10 and now being an adult :scared: Probably going to pass on that, which is a bummer.

I'm considering Rose & Crown after pricing it out. I usually do it every trip anyway. I would have considered Via Napoli but that's not to be. I also wanted to do Christmas Eve but I'm only interested in Audra McDonald or maybe Lisa Ling for the time we're there but the crowds after Christmas. :scared:

I am there for NPH but also kind of tempted to move things around for Brendan Fraser. Too bad I already have my nonrefundable Jollywood Nights tickets! (Plus finding a new, probably more expensive flight and hotel.... boo.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter