***Official December 2022 Thread***

Well it is supposed to be 60 days I believe but there have been reports of it being late or early and in some cases some weeks haven’t been loaded at all. I think some people have had more luck calling but in theory it should be bookable online at 60 days out
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to cross all of my fingers!

Treats and seats opens at midnight (so 6 hours before all other ADRs); I booked the after dessert party at 5:30 am. So it varies. One week before your trip you will see cancellations.

The view from treats and seats is not great (see videos). I would recommend the after party. We checked in 25 mins before fireworks (had a great view) and then post fireworks rode a few Tomorrowland rides before entering the dessert buffet at 9:45 pm (area closes at 10 pm, so 1 hr from the start of fireworks). Everything was replenished except for chocolate covered strawberries (but we received the last 4 that were kept in the back).
Thanks for all of the info! I was wondering about the different pre and post show. This helps me decide for sure!

We just broke the news to the kids that we won't be doing it. 8 year old is okay with it, 6 year old is heartbroken.
Oh no. You are still headed to WDW right? Maybe you can book something else as a replacement. Our DD13 really enjoyed the horseback riding at Fort Wilderness. Our 5 year old went on the pony rides and they’re nice and long (see Tim Tracker’s wilderness lodge review).

Yes, still going, but they were SUPER excited to see snow on Main Street and Santa in the parade! The 8 year old I bought off telling her since we're staying at GF we could get her nails done instead ;)

Horseback riding sounds interesting though! We definitely want to do Hoop Dee Doo (the kids have never been!) so we'll be out that way anyway so long as we can book it one night.

Yes, still going, but they were SUPER excited to see snow on Main Street and Santa in the parade! The 8 year old I bought off telling her since we're staying at GF we could get her nails done instead ;)

Horseback riding sounds interesting though! We definitely want to do Hoop Dee Doo (the kids have never been!) so we'll be out that way anyway so long as we can book it one night.
I think Santa might have a meet and greet in Disney Springs.

Dec 10-17 - Saratoga Springs (SSR)

Cautiously optimistic that the lines and wait times are better than last year. :rolleyes1We have AP's or we wouldn't be going back after the chaos of our last trip & Genie+, LL, and exhaustive lines everywhere. Going to plan alot of time outside rides for this trip I think. Last trip for a long LONG time. I am hoping to make the best of it!

This will be our first time going in December. Do they incorporate any of the special Christmas shows or "snow on Main St" the week of Christmas after the parties are over?

I think I saw that they use the Christmas fireworks, but I'm specifically trying to find out about the snow and any other special parades.
Last December (2021) they did the Christmas parade during the day the week of Christmas at MK. No Christmas fireworks. I don’t remember snow on Main St but it snowed at Disney Springs.

I think in the past they did Christmas fireworks the week of Christmas itself, but didn’t last year, might be a fluke.

Dec 10-17 - Saratoga Springs (SSR)

Cautiously optimistic that the lines and wait times are better than last year. :rolleyes1We have AP's or we wouldn't be going back after the chaos of our last trip & Genie+, LL, and exhaustive lines everywhere. Going to plan alot of time outside rides for this trip I think. Last trip for a long LONG time. I am hoping to make the best of it!
Us too. Dec 12 to 17. Just myself and my 19yo DD. Her best friend will be there working in the Disney College Program so we will hang with her some, doing MVMCP and CP and the rest is go with the flow. Have park tickets for MK, DHS and Epcot, but I'm refusing to deal with Genie + or make any other reservations. Just want to take in all the holiday spirit, do some resort tours, etc. Will definitely be our last trip. We've just been there done that, numerous times, and it's time to explore other things. DH didn't even care to go this time. He said "ya'll have at it".

Booked Dec 1-5 at All Star Sports. Just me and my adult son. Took me ages to convince him to come with me, but I'm finally getting my Christmas trip, and hopefully Candlelight Processional! Still debating on the Christmas party, it may sell out before I decide, making the decision for me. This is a budget trip, and being a more frequent DL visitor, the Candlelight Processional is more important than the party.

Hey everyone! Could you please confirm that it's possible to buy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party from the website? I'm trying from Europe, but the website gives me a "go to the ticket window or call" banner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter