***Official December 2022 Thread***

WOW - I did not expect this although if they extend hours it makes sense.

I think we are happy with everything we have and I am going to resist the urge to play around. We have a 2.5 week trip and I’m not crazy that I have several days of DHS in a row and several days of Epcot in a row. But too much fuss to mess with it. Hope some of my dining ADRs come through!

HS is open until 12 am 12/31 and 9 pm 12/30
MK is open until 1 am on 12/31 and 12/30
Epcot is open until 1 am on 12/31

I haven’t checked and assumed they would be, so not sure if these were just updated.

Don't remind me! It will still be warmer than where I'm from. I think it will all turn out ok in the end. We will be the crazy "northerners" who are in the heated pool. (well, my husband and kids - not me :-) )
Us too - are you from Canada? As the lifeguards are bundled in winter jackets.

We left wintry Canada on Friday night and it was soooo lovely to feel it getting warmer and warmer the further south we drove. Sat night was tshirt weather and this morning (Sunday) has been sweater weather.

Had a fab morning in Hollywood Studios and we are back in our room for a nice long nap.

I did not realize they had a festive acapella group on the Chinese Theatre stage

512DFBAB-3354-4BB1-864C-0A752F4B66AF.jpeg

And I was happily surprised to discover a Santa calvacade:

A2A68DF7-6B1F-4E7A-951A-73985BB7359A.jpeg

Christmas music in the parks instead of the normal park music.

After all the busyness preparing for the trip, I finally started getting into the holiday spirit :)

We just got back on Wednesday night. We loved all the Christmas music everywhere. We appreciated how the music was always themed to the location too. Have a fabulous trip. It is certainly a magical time to visit!

Don't remind me! It will still be warmer than where I'm from. I think it will all turn out ok in the end. We will be the crazy "northerners" who are in the heated pool. (well, my husband and kids - not me :-) )
We’re from the Midwest and the forecast is 3 degrees Sat and Sun. 75 feels colder in Florida for some reason. Didn’t stop us from being in the big blue pool (at AOA). Daytime weather was up in mid 80s (Last Nov).

One day it suddenly dropped to 54 (forecast was mid 80s) and we had to buy a blanket at Epcot (they were completely sold out in the Creations shop but the Star Wars section had a baby Yoda travel blanket (don’t always trust the newer CMs as they were directing us to quilted throws in the houseware section).

Do you guys think photopass is worth it during extreme crowds (Christmas/NYE)? I usually get a photo book and include some photos and I can upload my own as well. Haven’t purchased photopass for years now (used to when we used to get printed FPs from kiosks=more time.)

Anyone driving down from the North East this week? We are debating which day to leave now due to the storm. Wondering what everyone else is doing.

Anyone driving down from the North East this week? We are debating which day to leave now due to the storm. Wondering what everyone else is doing.
Leaving 3am Wednesday from New Jersey, were stopping over in South Carolina on the way

Not driving but we live in the Midwest. I would recommend starting early as the roads are going to be congested and from what I hear the wind will make driving conditions hazardous on Thursday (drove down from Canada once during a blizzard - would not recommend) from people trying to avoid it before Christmas.

Do you guys think photopass is worth it during extreme crowds (Christmas/NYE)? I usually get a photo book and include some photos and I can upload my own as well. Haven’t purchased photopass for years now (used to when we used to get printed FPs from kiosks=more time.)

I bought it because this is a once in a lifetime (probably) trip at Christmas. We haven't used photopass in a long time. I know the lines will be nuts, but that's true of everything this coming week. I also figured if we were waiting around for a ride we could always pop over to a photographer if it was short and something unique.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter