*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

So glad I found this thread! We went last Christmas and had a great December 2014 group. We also formed a facebook group. We live in Norway but love Florida. Christmas in Orlando was the best Christmas ever. So we are planning to go again next year.

I joined that Facebook December 2014 but never commented, that was a great group, everyone was so helpful and respectful of each other. I remember, at one point, there was a stroller that they each passed on to someone else in the group to enjoy during their stay by leaving with guest services. Their pay it forward gestures really touched me even if I wasn't part of that exchange.

I just realized this was 2016. Oops! We are going down this year. I'll find the 2015 thread. Sorry.

I just realized this was 2016. Oops! We are going down this year. I'll find the 2015 thread. Sorry.
Hey, that's ok! We were happy to have you, even if just for a little while :):)

Enjoy your trip that is rapidly approaching!!

Hey everyone!!

We got our Mickey Mail for next year's trip this week. So funny to see the ADR/FP dates sooo far away. And by funny I mean, devastating like a knife to the heart, LOL!!

Actually, it seems our ADR date will be the day we are planning to come home from California in June. No stress there! Since we don't have any plans set in stone yet for our Cali trip, I might see if we can move it up to May...the DLR Prep School crowd calendar seems better for May anyway.

Every string of lights and Christmas tree display i see in stores is just a reminder that the trip REALLY IS getting closer...even if it's still over a year away!

Hello, It look like we need to move our trip planned for September 2016 to December 2016. If we are able to pull this off we will arrive on 12/9/16 and return (o sad day) on 12/19/2016. We hope to stay in either Art of Animation or All Star Music. It has been since 2012 that we have been able to make the tri. I don't think I will last much longer. Lois

Hello, It look like we need to move our trip planned for September 2016 to December 2016. If we are able to pull this off we will arrive on 12/9/16 and return (o sad day) on 12/19/2016. We hope to stay in either Art of Animation or All Star Music. It has been since 2012 that we have been able to make the tri. I don't think I will last much longer. Lois

Welcome!!

I hope everything works out with the date switch and you are able to get back to the World next December! :-):-)

Hooray! I'm not alone in my little December thread anymore! Welcome!

We are summer travelers (i've been in may, june, july, and august), so going in December is totally new to us. We're very excited for a new Disney experience.

Same here. I have only been in May, June and July and I have been reading as much as possible about going in December.

We are booked from 12/16/16 - 12/23/16 at CBR. Our school calendar isn't released yet so I'm hoping it is what I expect it will be. If so, are dates are firm.

There are going to be so many first's on this trip:
- First stay at CBR
- Frist time traveling with another family
- First time attending MVMCP
- First time not dying in the heat and humidity

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Although I am a bit nervous because I feel so unprepared for December.

Last edited:

Same here. I have only been in May, June and July and I have been reading as much as possible about going in December.

We are booked from 12/16/16 - 12/23/16 at CBR. Our school calendar isn't released yet so I'm hoping it is what I expect it will be. If so, are dates are firm.

- First stay at CBR

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Although I am a bit nervous because I feel so unprepared for December.

We have been once during the month of December. The Crowds are better the first two weeks and the weather is awesome. Only problem is at times you need to decide if you need a light weight jacket or not. Can be a bit cool in the morning and later at night. In the summer you know you need to prepare for HOT HOT Temps. In December there can be a much greater difference. The parks are beautiful and are not to be missed. You will not regret the trip but then is there a bad time to visit Disney???

- First stay at CBR

I hope your dates work out! That's the hardest part about booking so far in advance.

Sounds like we'll have a lot of similar firsts, and our dates overlap too! We are so excited to go to our first MVMCP!! I don't even care about a crowded Hub. I mean, if I can navigate a Main Street Electrical Parade crowd on a level 9 night in August, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. (and by "navigate" I of course mean: shuffling along at a snail's pace, listening to people yell and make rude comments, give up and sit on a fence to wait for people to move, etc...LOL!)
I think you're brave for traveling with another family. I don't even like going SHOPPING with other people, so I know there's no way I could take a trip with anyone else. Well, I have one friend and her family that I think I could travel with, but that's it!

I can't even express how glad I am to not have to deal with the hot temperatures this time!

This is the shortest trip we've ever taken (only 5 nights :(), and I hope we can cram in all the holiday things we want to do.

I hope your dates work out! That's the hardest part about booking so far in advance.

Sounds like we'll have a lot of similar firsts, and our dates overlap too! We are so excited to go to our first MVMCP!! I don't even care about a crowded Hub. I mean, if I can navigate a Main Street Electrical Parade crowd on a level 9 night in August, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. (and by "navigate" I of course mean: shuffling along at a snail's pace, listening to people yell and make rude comments, give up and sit on a fence to wait for people to move, etc...LOL!)
I think you're brave for traveling with another family. I don't even like going SHOPPING with other people, so I know there's no way I could take a trip with anyone else. Well, I have one friend and her family that I think I could travel with, but that's it!

I can't even express how glad I am to not have to deal with the hot temperatures this time!

This is the shortest trip we've ever taken (only 5 nights :(), and I hope we can cram in all the holiday things we want to do.

Thanks, I have never booked a trip this early and it is kind of driving me crazy because there isn't much I can do right now (or for a long while) with the exception of read and research. I really hope our dates work out too, and we have to make sure my step-kid's mom is ok with us taking them so close to Christmas, but I can't imagine her turning them down. She would never live it down.

I am usually not one for traveling with other families. However, this family is very similar to ours when it comes to Disney, i.e. just as obsessed as we are. We have similar touring styles, they ride all the rides (as do we), eating styles, etc. AND, the most important thing, they are very low on the drama scale. Also, if they were first-timers I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I'm fairly confident this is going to be the best Disney trip ever! Making 400+ days is going to be tough though.[/QUOTE]

"You will not regret the trip but then is there a bad time to visit Disney???

NO! There is never a bad time to visit Disney! I wouldn't care if they wait time were all 1 hour+, just walking on Main St. makes me happy!

Edited: I cannot for the life of me figure out this multi-quote thing. Or even how to quote only a piece of someone's post. Is there a trick to it?

NO! There is never a bad time to visit Disney! I wouldn't care if they wait time were all 1 hour+, just walking on Main St. makes me happy!

Edited: I cannot for the life of me figure out this multi-quote thing. Or even how to quote only a piece of someone's post. Is there a trick to it?

It took me forever to figure out the multiquote, and now it is second nature. You just click the little button that says +quote for every post you want to quote. Then, by the reply box at the bottom, there will be a button to click that says, "insert quotes". A small screen will pop up and say, "Insert these quotes?" (or something similar) and will show you the quotes you've extracted, and you choose yes. Then the quotes will fill in the reply box.
Now, I've never figured out a way to *just* pick certain sentences, so I usually just go back within the pulled quote and delete the extra.

It took me forever to figure out the multiquote, and now it is second nature. You just click the little button that says +quote for every post you want to quote. Then, by the reply box at the bottom, there will be a button to click that says, "insert quotes". A small screen will pop up and say, "Insert these quotes?" (or something similar) and will show you the quotes you've extracted, and you choose yes. Then the quotes will fill in the reply box.
Now, I've never figured out a way to *just* pick certain sentences, so I usually just go back within the pulled quote and delete the extra.

Thanks for the info. I "thought" that is what I was doing, but when I tried to respond seperately it combined both quotes and one of my responses into one. And when I tried to delete particular sentences it took the username away, but looking at the quote above now I think I may know what I did wrong in that instance. I am 100% positive it is user error, just haven't mastered it yet. I'll keep trying.

I Hope this works. I am trying to create a list of thread members so we can see at a glance who may be at the parks while we may be there. Some of my best memories are just saying hello in person to folks I grown to know in the planning process. If this works let me know if you like the idea or if I should keep it just for myself.

Attachments

• December list.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 17
I Hope this works. I am trying to create a list of thread members so we can see at a glance who may be at the parks while we may be there. Some of my best memories are just saying hello in person to folks I grown to know in the planning process. If this works let me know if you like the idea or if I should keep it just for myself.

Great idea! So far, I have our trip planned from 12/27/2016 - 1/2/2017, staying at POFQ.

Hello Everyone! I'm starting to plan my Dec 2016 trip! Everyone thinks I'm crazy to plan so far in advance, but coming from Los Angeles, so it'll be a big trip. We are looking to go the 26th to the 2nd! I've never been to WDW for the holidays and even though I know it'll be really busy, I can't wait!

But first things first! Booking the trip. It'll be 6 of us (ages 31,43, 20, 19, 16 and 12) total. We are looking at the following:

- two rooms at POP
- a two bedroom villa at OKW
- a cabin at FW.

Which would you guys choose? Thanks in advance for the help!

Ok I'm jumping in this thread. We're planning our first ever trip to Orlando December 2-9, 2016. We haven't decided how many days we will spend at WDW and how many days doing other things. We have only been to Disneyland twice before, too, so all Disney things are pretty new to us. We will be coming from Vegas - crosscountry. Our son will be turning 7 that December so it's an early birthday trip. We may also have another younger son with us by then (we're in the adoption process now). Excited to see DisneyWorld!

Hello Everyone! I'm starting to plan my Dec 2016 trip! Everyone thinks I'm crazy to plan so far in advance, but coming from Los Angeles, so it'll be a big trip. We are looking to go the 26th to the 2nd! I've never been to WDW for the holidays and even though I know it'll be really busy, I can't wait!

But first things first! Booking the trip. It'll be 6 of us (ages 31,43, 20, 19, 16 and 12) total. We are looking at the following:

- two rooms at POP
- a two bedroom villa at OKW
- a cabin at FW.

Which would you guys choose? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello and welcome!! I don't believe you can plan too far in advance...if only everyone knew how many trip plans I have in my head right now!! They'd think I was certifiable!

Since you have such a big group and older kids, I'm leaning toward recommending a villa at Old Key West. It's a beautiful resort and The boat ride from Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) is gorgeous (and peaceful - which is always a bonus!)!

Ok I'm jumping in this thread. We're planning our first ever trip to Orlando December 2-9, 2016. We haven't decided how many days we will spend at WDW and how many days doing other things. We have only been to Disneyland twice before, too, so all Disney things are pretty new to us. We will be coming from Vegas - crosscountry. Our son will be turning 7 that December so it's an early birthday trip. We may also have another younger son with us by then (we're in the adoption process now). Excited to see DisneyWorld!

Welcome to the thread!!

A first trip to Walt Disney World is a momentous occasion!! I'm excited for you!

My best advice is to prepare yourselves for the sheer size of the place. It is massive. HERE is an excellent resource.
Since you're new to the World, we are all here to help :-):-)

I hope everything with the adoption moves as swiftly and smoothly as possible.

So happy to have you here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter