***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

These packages have a 48-hour cancellation requirement rather than the traditional 24-hours.
Yes, true. PP had indicated if they would get charged if one of their party didn't show. To me, I read "didn't show" as implying "without going through the advance cancellation". That's all I meant. Yes, 48-hour cancellation policy for this.

There are no charges for any people who don't show. As long as 1 person arrives then they'd be fine.
Thank you! This is how standard ADRs are. Say I book for the 5 of us and DS can't join us so 4 of us show at all our ADRs then there will be no, zero, penalty charged. And I cannot just cancel 1/5 guests, basically modify, on the candlelight dinner package resie...would have to cancel whole resie and rebook new but we won't know if DS can come until last minute.

It's just like a standard ADR except for 2 day cancellation instead of 1 day. You won't be charged if someone doesn't show up.

Does anyone know if you can book for 5 but then if only 4 show up, do you still pay for 5 or will they just charge for the 4?

I assume standard cancellation policy applies. Make sure the fifth cancels appropriately.

No, you will only be charged for those that show up. You can't just "cancel" one person in an ADR. It generally involves cancelling the entire ADR and re-booking. I sure wouldn't take that change. I'd be afraid someone would scoop up my ADR before I was able to re-book it!

Last Dec, my DD was to sick to travel, so she stayed home. I kept every single ADR, including Candlelight, and was not charged a "no show" for her.

Does anyone know if you can book for 5 but then if only 4 show up, do you still pay for 5 or will they just charge for the 4?

I had the same question. I could not get an online reservation for 2, but it showed availability for 3. So I called and a cast member booked my reservation for 3 then went back in and modified it for 2. So, you may be able to have a cast member modify yours for the correct number. She did tell me that there was no charge as long as someone from the party showed up. I just wanted the reservation to show the correct number.

Does anyone have an idea of when all of the narrators will be announced? I'm trying to decide between two dates, but I would love to know the narrators before I make my decision.

We don't plan to visit over this Christmas season & haven't in a few years, so I haven't read the whole thread. :o That said, I noticed on a different thread & confirmed it on this thread that Epcot Resorts are now included in the CP package. We have attended the CP on a package many times, before those restaurants were included. The theater was always packed for the last show. We never attended the second show, but it also appeared packed, when we were waiting in line. I'm not sure how many standbys were allowed in, but it didn't appear there were a lot. The first show was the only one that appeared promising for standbys. The last time we attended the CP on a package I was seated behind a tree, because there were few seats left, even though we line up as soon as we finished dinner. It's not like all package holders received prime seats in the first place. I'm wondering how they're working the other restaurants in. I can't imagine how they have room, unless many more people are forced into the early show. What am I missing? What has changed?

We don't plan to visit over this Christmas season & haven't in a few years, so I haven't read the whole thread. :o That said, I noticed on a different thread & confirmed it on this thread that Epcot Resorts are now included in the CP package. We have attended the CP on a package many times, before those restaurants were included. The theater was always packed for the last show. We never attended the second show, but it also appeared packed, when we were waiting in line. I'm not sure how many standbys were allowed in, but it didn't appear there were a lot. The first show was the only one that appeared promising for standbys. The last time we attended the CP on a package I was seated behind a tree, because there were few seats left, even though we line up as soon as we finished dinner. It's not like all package holders received prime seats in the first place. I'm wondering how they're working the other restaurants in. I can't imagine how they have room, unless many more people are forced into the early show. What am I missing? What has changed?
Maybe they offer the same number of seats total over all the dining venues and times. So less seats per restaurant than when they had less restaurants in the mix. Though they used to have Le Cellier but don't now so add in Trattoria.

I finally got a package for the 6:45 show and still have my 8:15 one. Now I am trying to figure out what I really want to do. Ugh!

Maybe they offer the same number of seats total over all the dining venues and times. So less seats per restaurant than when they had less restaurants in the mix. Though they used to have Le Cellier but don't now so add in Trattoria.

I'm pretty sure Le Cellier wasn't included the last time we used the CP package. Epcot Resorts were definitely not included. The thought that less packages are sold for each restaurant makes sense. That is probably better for the majority of Epcot guests. People used to complain that they couldn't get a non-CP ADR for dinner.

Le Cellier hasnt included since it became a 2 credit restaurant permanently.
Just yesterday, landed a Via Napoli lunch for a party of 7 on Christmas Eve. 5 pm show.

so about when will all the narrators be listed? anyone know when it was last year?

oh, and when we did CP before, 2011, Le Cellier was offered as lunch package.

Lunch at Le Cellier wasn't 2 credits at first. It became 2 credits after they went to the all-day menu. After that it wasn't available for CP at all.

I have three options and I am having a hard time deciding. Help!

1. Thanksgiving (11/22) dinner at 5:30 pm at Via Napoli and CP at 8:15 pm - Chita Rivera named narrator
2. Saturday after Thanksgving (11/24) breakfast at 8:45 am at Garden Grill and CP at 8:15 pm - TBD narrator
3. Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/24) dinner at 5:30 pm at Via Napoli and CP at 8:15 pm - TBD narrator

We enjoy both restaurants and chosen meal times, so this is a hard choice of which to keep!

Opinions? Thanks!

Edit: Silly me, I had forgotten to include all the restaurant names!

Last edited:
I have three options and I am having a hard time deciding. Help!

1. Thanksgiving (11/22) dinner at 5:30 pm at Via Napoli and CP at 8:15 pm - Chita Rivera named narrator
2. Saturday after Thanksgving (11/24) breakfast at 8:45 am and CP at 8:15 pm - TBD narrator
3. Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/24) dinner at 5:30 pm and CP at 8:15 pm - TBD narrator

We enjoy both restaurants and chosen meal times, so this is a hard choice of which to keep!

Opinions? Thanks!

I would keep all of them right now and wait to see who the TBD narrator is. You could decide between breakfast and dinner on Sat, but I might even hold off on that one until I had my FP+ and all plans were in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter