***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

I believe Trattoria's breakfast is a character breakfast?
Yes, I think that's what it is. It's a Bon Voyage Breakfast. We definitely aren't interested in that since it's just the two of us.

Can anyone confirm what you would get at a breakfast at Ale and Compass?

My niece just completed a 6 month intern working at Disney epcot. She said there are so many places to see Illuminations from that you really do not need dinner reservations packages (altho we have done that in the past with rose and crown ). She said YES, it is highly recommended for the ROL. We got in for one there but I did call 6 months to the day and it was all booked up. I kept watching and did get in on someone elses cancellation. Make sure you MENTION the DINNER packages when you book or otherwise it is just considered a dinner reservation

Congratulations to your niece. Sounds like an exciting job. Thank you so much for the recommendations. Which did you get into Tusker or Tiffins? Can you do lunch or dinner reservations?

So if there is no notice other than a press release announcing packages are open do we know what time of day the open and how fast they sell out? I’m terrified I’ll miss the booking opening and not be able to get a dinner package.

I don't know if the information is available to answer this, but does anyone know which days sell out the quickest?

Silly question . . . Why would I need to book a non-CP Dining Package ADR?

You do not. It seemed to me from your post that you had done that. I am sorry if I confused you.

I book ADR's for evey night of our trip, and have Mel's booked on EPcot nights already. I will cancel one and add my package when I decide which night I am going. Right now nothing has been released so I have no idea who ai want to see for the narrator.

So if there is no notice other than a press release announcing packages are open do we know what time of day the open and how fast they sell out? I’m terrified I’ll miss the booking opening and not be able to get a dinner package.

See below

I don't know if the information is available to answer this, but does anyone know which days sell out the quickest?

Neil Patrick Harris days, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are probably the only ones that come close to selling out at ALL restaurants, but I'm not even sure ALL packages sell out on those days. Even if they do, they won't sell out until much closer to the actual date. If you miss the opening day, you'll still be fine. I can't even imagine not getting your first choice unless you're trying just weeks before to make the ADR or you're looking at going on one of these days.

You do not. It seemed to me from your post that you had done that. I am sorry if I confused you.

I book ADR's for evey night of our trip, and have Mel's booked on EPcot nights already. I will cancel one and add my package when I decide which night I am going. Right now nothing has been released so I have no idea who ai want to see for the narrator.

Sorry about the confusion! I have made quite a few changes to my ADRs since I first posted so I might be confusing myself also! I did consider Biergarten for lunch but after watching a YouTube video I remembered that I don't like German food. LOL I'm going with my very first idea - CP Dining Package breakfast at Ale & Compass, then visit Boardwalk hotel lobbies for the Christmas decorations, then off to World Showcase at 11:00 am for food booths and storytellers.

One more question! OK, two. (1) Is it always the same narrator for all three CP events in one day; (2) Does it really matter which one Disney chooses for me since I won't me making TS ADRs for lunch or dinner?

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusion! I have made quite a few changes to my ADRs since I first posted so I might be confusing myself also! I did consider Biergarten for lunch but after watching a YouTube video I remembered that I don't like German food. LOL I'm going with my very first idea - CP Dining Package breakfast at Ale & Compass, then visit Boardwalk hotel lobbies for the Christmas decorations, then off to World Showcase at 11:00 am for food booths and storytellers.
This is what we were thinking, but after really thinking about paying $31 for a $14 entree and a $5 drink, I just don't know. (I think that's all you get for a breakfast package.) I'm back to leaning toward a dinner reservation there where my app, entree, dessert, and drink will equal around $60 and the CP price is $64. To me, that's a much better value for what you get. And I'm dying to try Ale and Compass for dinner. We are already doing The Wave for breakfast another day which is a buffet. If Ale and Compass' breakfast was a buffet, I'd be all for it.

This is what we were thinking, but after really thinking about paying $31 for a $14 entree and a $5 drink, I just don't know. (I think that's all you get for a breakfast package.) I'm back to leaning toward a dinner reservation there where my app, entree, dessert, and drink will equal around $60 and the CP price is $64. To me, that's a much better value for what you get. And I'm dying to try Ale and Compass for dinner. We are already doing The Wave for breakfast another day which is a buffet. If Ale and Compass' breakfast was a buffet, I'd be all for it.

For me breakfast on the Boardwalk just fits in with my schedule. Plus, I know from experience that I much prefer to snack / meander my way around the WS. It might not be the best value, $$-wise, but it works. Someday I might actually do a TS at WS! But not yet. :-)

For me breakfast on the Boardwalk just fits in with my schedule. Plus, I know from experience that I much prefer to snack / meander my way around the WS. It might not be the best value, $$-wise, but it works. Someday I might actually do a TS at WS! But not yet. :-)
Totally makes sense. We want to snack around WS, too. We just keep going back and forth between doing a breakfast CP package and then snacking at the festival booths for an early dinner or snacking for lunch and then doing a dinner CP package. Either way, we are choosing Ale and Compass. I can't wait to try this restaurant.

One more question! OK, two. (1) Is is always the same narrator for all three CP events in one day; (2) Does it really matter which one Disney chooses for me since I won't me baking TS ADRs for lunch or dinner?

Same narrator for all three shows on same night.

If you don't have a preference for which show, then it doesn't really matter. Some don't like the 5:00 show because it's not completely dark at the beginning, so the candlelight doesn't show up quite as nicely. However, the biggest pro for the 5:00 show is you're not standing in line listening to the show before yours while you wait.

Yes, I think that's what it is. It's a Bon Voyage Breakfast. We definitely aren't interested in that since it's just the two of us.

Can anyone confirm what you would get at a breakfast at Ale and Compass?

Ale & Compass was not an option last year. I had b/fast there last Dec. Frankly, it wasn't very good. Service was fine, food not so much.

Ale & Compass was not an option last year. I had b/fast there last Dec. Frankly, it wasn't very good. Service was fine, food not so much.
It's on the first page of this thread as an option for a breakfast, lunch, and dinner CP package for 2017. If I remember correctly, it was added later, but not 100% sure of that. Thanks for letting me know about breakfast. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the breakfast menu, so we will probably go with dinner. I've heard good reviews of it. The WDW Couple did a video review of exactly all the items we would probably order, and they gave them rave reviews. Maybe dinner is better?

I did consider Biergarten for lunch but after watching a YouTube video I remembered that I don't like German food. LOL I'm going with my very first idea - CP Dining Package breakfast at Ale & Compass, then visit Boardwalk hotel lobbies for the Christmas decorations, then off to World Showcase at 11:00 am for food booths and storytellers.
Biergarten is FUN but it isn't my favorite type of food either. The Storytellers around WS are so enjoyable and we love visiting all the hotels for decorations! We've done it before but probably won't this year since we are staying at Wilderness Lodge. It may be difficult to pry me away from that lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter