Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zurgswife, I'm so glad you had the idea to do this and thank you for compiling so much info into one thread...great job!

Thanks, also, to the moderator for linking it in the FAQ sticky thread. That will save a lot of time not having to hunt for it.

OK....I just ordered a all chocolate cake for Zurgies Bday. We are celebrating it at the Coral Reef on Aug 20th. The lady at the Coral Reef was very nice in helping me pick from one or 2 different all chocolate choices. I can't wait it will be a surprise.... :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh my goodness, what a great thread...my mouth is watering! Thanks Kimball!! And an early Happy Birthday to your dh! I hope we get to see some pix of his cake when you return! :wave2:

Here is our 2005 Anniversary "Custom cake" from GF bakery. We had dinner at 1900 Park Faire. It was delivered there for our dinner. It was yellow cake with White chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries. It was $35 with 20% off for DDE
FWannivcake001.jpg

Blessings,
Winnie

Here we are with this years anniversary cake. This was taken this past friday 7/28 at 1900 Park Faire. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and fresh strawberries. It was a beauty and yummo too!
1900ParkFaire.jpg

And no, it wasn't my birthday. Our server just wanted to "crown us".

Blessings,
Winnie

here are a couple more pics of our anniversary cake....YUMMO!!!
BEFORE>>>>
cake2.jpg

AFTER>>>>
cake3.jpg

Want a bite???
Blessings,
Winnie

Ok, I read a few posts. About the cakes not being so good. Just a run of the mill cake that you can get from any supermarket. I really hope not. Because, I want to have a birthday cake for my dad at Ohana's. My father, is how shall I say, a man who loves to cook, and knows good food, and will comment when he gets bad food. So, can anyone tell me, if the cake offered at Ohana, the 8 inch one is good, or should I just pass?

Thanks for such a great thread!

I ordered a 8" cake for 8/19 @ LTT for dh for his birthday - it's a surprise!

Something I haven't heard anyone mention and just thought that I'd throw out there. I called the MK bakery number 407-824-7091 and left a message in the late morning on 7/31 and they called me back in the afternoon, the same day.

The lady asked if I wanted a chocolate cake or a white cake. That's my problem, dd like chocolate and ds likes white. So I asked her if I could get a marble and she said that would not be a problem. So I just wanted to mention that marble is also an option.

So I got a 8" marble cake with white buttercream icing with Chip & Dale on it. I can't wait to post a picture of it when I get back.

With the basic $12.50 cake, would it be possible to have Pluto's picture on it?? DS will be turning 7 Oct. and we're having a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's and he LOVES Pluto!! Thanks!! :cool1:

Does anyone know if its possible to order a two or three tier cake?

DS really wants a birthday cake thats looks "regal", just wondering if disney do that kind of order?

would I be able to order a cake for no celebration? Or maybe a thank you cake for my mom paying for the trip?

poppy17 said:
Does anyone know if its possible to order a two or three tier cake?

DS really wants a birthday cake thats looks "regal", just wondering if disney do that kind of order?

My guess is they can accomodate just about any request as long as you are willing to pay for it...

DarlingDumbo said:
would I be able to order a cake for no celebration? Or maybe a thank you cake for my mom paying for the trip?

I'm sure you can.

Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered before an IllumiNations cruise and then eat it on the boat?

01Sweetpea said:
Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered before an IllumiNations cruise and then eat it on the boat?

I think my dh contacted the Boardwalk bakery....we were staying at the Boardwalk so it might have been private dining. But you definately can order a cake. I would call the YC/BC number Yacht club 407-924-7000 and ask; the boats no longer run from the Boardwalk area.

zurgswife said:
I think my dh contacted the Boardwalk bakery....we were staying at the Boardwalk so it might have been private dining. But you definately can order a cake. I would call the YC/BC number Yacht club 407-924-7000 and ask; the boats no longer run from the Boardwalk area.

Thanks!!! I think I'm going to suprise my family with this IF I can snag a boat.

Thanks ZW
I came here to look for this exact info. We are taking the kids in March for their 5th birthday :thumbsup2
Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter