***Official August 2022 Thread***

You got 8:40 BBB, right? With a 7:30 entry, you can have a land or two knocked out by then, the way these waits are looking. RD Space and work your way counterclockwise, you can have the right half of the park done before you check in! 🤞 🤞
Exactly my plan, plus we have another Mk day mostly for the party, but I think we will be fine!

I think I’m canceling my capture your moment at MK Im just not sure I want to waste all that time now that we have BBB but could also be fun to do ugh why do I make it so hard on myself

Exactly my plan, plus we have another Mk day mostly for the party, but I think we will be fine!

I think I’m canceling my capture your moment at MK Im just not sure I want to waste all that time now that we have BBB but could also be fun to do ugh why do I make it so hard on myself
I'm similarly waffling on my own best laid plans... I personally think you should keep the Capture Your Moment! The time really does fly and you get sooooo many pictures. It especially sounds like a great way to take advantage of the BBB makeover! Maybe once you're in the park on the day of, you can see if there were any CYM cancellations earlier in the day so you can smoosh them together and have less in-between time.

I would cancel and keep BBB. My reasoning is the time of each. August weather... the sun... the humidity... No chance any photo of me or my family at lunch time will be worth what I paid for it! I'd rather do BBB in the morning, get some great photos and then sweat my face off in peace.

I would cancel and keep BBB. My reasoning is the time of each. August weather... the sun... the humidity... No chance any photo of me or my family at lunch time will be worth what I paid for it! I'd rather do BBB in the morning, get some great photos and then sweat my face off in peace.
I mean, this is a solid point. Does anyone want to document what they look like at 12:45pm in Orlando in August? :rotfl:

A week from now I will be 3 margs in pool side!

This is my Husband and step son's first family vacation...ever!
To get them excited, we are watching a Disney movie and making dinner together every night until we get there. Here is what I have planned:

Tonight: Luca & stuffed shells
Tuesday: Toy Story & personal Pizzas
Wednesday: Guardians of the Galaxy & Leftovers + home made funnel cake
Thursday: Pirates of the Caribbean & smoked Turkey with all the fixins
Friday: Aladdin & Chicken shawarma sandwiches and hummus with pita chips
Saturday: Mulan & orange chicken W fried rice
Sunday: Coco & Leftovers with home made churros

Schedule isn't set in stone. if anyone has better movie/food combos, Throw them my way!
First night was supposed to be Italian night but Kiddo wanted to watch Ratatouille instead of Luca. Perfect Epcot themed night!

20220815_173909-01.jpeg20220815_164632.jpg20220815_173337.jpg

I'm similarly waffling on my own best laid plans... I personally think you should keep the Capture Your Moment! The time really does fly and you get sooooo many pictures. It especially sounds like a great way to take advantage of the BBB makeover! Maybe once you're in the park on the day of, you can see if there were any CYM cancellations earlier in the day so you can smoosh them together and have less in-between time.
Good suggestion if I can get an earlier time!
I’m sure we can get some regular Photo pass after, and will hop to sir mickeys (that’s what’s its called right?!?)

Thinking I may add a CYM at Hollywood for earlier in the trip, my dad won’t be there but my sister and her husband will….

I swear you would this it’s life or death the way I review and adjust 🤣

Odd to think I'm only 8 days away.

All in all, the only thing I couldn't get early was Space 220, but we'll likely get it next time. My girls do NOT know about the H2O Glow Night on the 27th, which is the night after MNSSHP. My wife has said repeatedly that she didn't want to go back to a water park with the sun beating down, so this works well!

Odd to think I'm only 8 days away.

All in all, the only thing I couldn't get early was Space 220, but we'll likely get it next time. My girls do NOT know about the H2O Glow Night on the 27th, which is the night after MNSSHP. My wife has said repeatedly that she didn't want to go back to a water park with the sun beating down, so this works well!

These are our party days too. I hope the forecast improves or I’m not confident our Glow won’t get rained out.

Wishing we could switch our park reservation to MK for 8/23 to take advantage of those low "party day" waits but it's not showing as available to resort guests and I'm a bit nervous about cancelling (although we've got AK so maybe not such a risk?) and playing reservation roulette... I suppose we could hop in at 2:00 PM and hop out again at 4:00 PM and maybe snag a couple low waits! It's all good, either way. :flower:

These are our party days too. I hope the forecast improves or I’m not confident our Glow won’t get rained out.
Looking at it - I think it's the usual Florida 5:00 t-storm and it should clear after. Hopefully, anyway.

We're having a late lunch at the Boathouse, and then going back to the Poly to put stuff down and change.

Reactions: itf
Originally I booked a capture your moment session at MK for the 2nd day (non party day). However I was lucky enough to get BBB that morning, and now I’m thinking BBB and capture your moment is a lot of time spent not doing rides and meet & greets. But also could be really fun to get the girls photos after BBB.

Any suggestions what would you do?!?!
Our granddaughter did BBB and it was one of the most special times we have had at Disney. She loved being dressed up and we got wonderful pictures of her. Rides will always be there, but special moments like this are fleeting. :)

Our granddaughter did BBB and it was one of the most special times we have had at Disney. She loved being dressed up and we got wonderful pictures of her. Rides will always be there, but special moments like this are fleeting. :)
100%, just trying to decide if I should keep the capture your moment session, or skip it.

BBB is staying no matter what!!

One week!!! This time next week, we're loading up and heading to the airport.

I've officially added Bay Lake as a favorite on my Accuweather so that I can toggle over to the forecast for our trip. You'll be shocked to hear it's going to be hot, humid, with a chance of rain every day. :rotfl:

Meanwhile, I need to get the heck out of covid isolation so that I can get last minute shopping done and start packing. I'm glad I got sick now, rather than on the trip, but gosh darn this is messing with my preparations.

We went to the MK fireworks last night at 9pm (park closed at 11pm, and at 1am for deluxe guests). Let me tell you it was crazy packed. Having visited for 8 Christmas holidays previously I though it would be slightly less lacked than December but I was very much mistaken. Squashed into all the walkways there was no way out when feeling faint from the extreme heat, it was awful.

I've officially added Bay Lake as a favorite on my Accuweather so that I can toggle over to the forecast for our trip. You'll be shocked to hear it's going to be hot, humid, with a chance of rain every day
Bay Lake is one of our weather favorites, too. As long as there aren't any hurricanes, I'm good. :)

We went to the MK fireworks last night at 9pm (park closed at 11pm, and at 1am for deluxe guests). Let me tell you it was crazy packed.
The problem with all the parties at MK is the way it makes the crowds larger on the non-party nights. We are planning to see the fireworks during this trip because we are staying at WL and the boat is so convenient. But I am not looking forward to the crowds after the fireworks.

We went to the MK fireworks last night at 9pm (park closed at 11pm, and at 1am for deluxe guests). Let me tell you it was crazy packed. Having visited for 8 Christmas holidays previously I though it would be slightly less lacked than December but I was very much mistaken. Squashed into all the walkways there was no way out when feeling faint from the extreme heat, it was awful.
We were there last night and agree it was insane. We watched them, ran to space mountain and left. Way to crowded unfortunately.

MK was definetly crowded last night, I expected it since there was 2 Christmas parties that closed the park at 6pm and a cast party that closed the park at 7pm this week

Well we got to Orlando after a fairly dreadful travel day of delays. Magic bands are available at MCO (people had said not?) just basic ones but that’s fine by us. Now to the resort finally…

Good suggestion if I can get an earlier time!

I’m sure we can get some regular Photo pass after, and will hop to sir mickeys (that’s what’s its called right?!?)

Thinking I may add a CYM at Hollywood for earlier in the trip, my dad won’t be there but my sister and her husband will….

I swear you would this it’s life or death the way I review and adjust 🤣
For what it's worth... I booked several CYM sessions for my CM daughter who was graduating college. I wasn't super excited about the DHS booking, but she did her DCP there, so she wanted to do it. To my surprise, the DHS photos were the ones we liked best. By far. Sooooo many great photo ops, beautiful plants and flowers, great backgrounds, etc. My least favorite CYM photos were from DAK. Edited to add: I have an MK CYM booked for 8:40 AM on my upcoming end of Aug family group trip. I wanted to take photos early, before I melt completely in the Aug heat and humidity, and hopefully before thunderstorms roll through, which tends to happen in the afternoon. It will take 20 min away from our ride time, but we don't care about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter