***Official April 2023 Thread***

Oh boy, my ADR day is Wednesday. Guess I'll be braced for a difficult morning. Luckily it's just DH and I (party of 2 and we're reasonably flexible). But we are hoping to get an ADR for Easter somewhere & now I'm wondering if that will be even more difficult than I'd been dreading (it's our arrival day, so loads of folks will have been reserving ahead of us). Welp, we'll just see how it goes!

Help me decide! I received a Disney Gift Card and I want to use it for one of two things on my solo trip this April:

Increase my one park day to two park days (although one of the park days would not start until noon and it's my arrival day (so flight delays, etc....). But now lets me see two nighttime shows which I was bummed about not getting to do with only one park day.

or

Purchase Keys to the Kingdom on my one park day (totally understand that this tour eats up a lot of park time - but totally fine by me). This has been a bucket list item and one totally doable since I'm solo.

Help me decide! I received a Disney Gift Card and I want to use it for one of two things on my solo trip this April:

Increase my one park day to two park days (although one of the park days would not start until noon and it's my arrival day (so flight delays, etc....). But now lets me see two nighttime shows which I was bummed about not getting to do with only one park day.

or

Purchase Keys to the Kingdom on my one park day (totally understand that this tour eats up a lot of park time - but totally fine by me). This has been a bucket list item and one totally doable since I'm solo.
I would do the tour, its on my list too but that age restriction keeps us from doing it. If I was on a solo trip I would probably do it too :) for now we’ll do up close with rhinos and caring for the giants.

We absolutely loved Keys to the Kingdom; 1000% recommend it! Put in a request for Annie to be your tour guide. She is amazing:)!

Going by Touring Plans, nervous about crowds. Going by ticket prices, Disney is making me feel optimistic for my dates. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I agree with pp's that I would recommend the tour over the extra day!

Also, just coming back to post a datapoint on ADRs: my 60-day was today (woot!), and I had no trouble at all. Now, there are only two of us, we only wanted 3 things, and they aren't even popular ones. So I'm happy it all went as planned. Just giving hope to those of you who still have ADR days coming up. If it's helpful, here's what we got:
  • Ale & Compass 1pm Easter Sunday (hoping they'll offer a brunch again but haven't seen anything yet; if there isn't one, we may change this)
  • Whispering Canyon early dinner (5pm) on Tuesday
  • Boma breakfast (10am) on Friday

Also, just coming back to post a datapoint on ADRs: my 60-day was today (woot!), and I had no trouble at all.

Yay! Happy for you that you got the ADR's you want. There are so many nice places to dine at WDW, and it's nice to take a load off your feet, sit in A/C, and have a table service meal.

We'll be at BCV from the 1st - 8th, and plan to dine at Ale & Compass. I'll ask about an Easter brunch buffet. ;) Also, others who know more might have posted info on the YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information and Questions thread.

Reactions: KSL
Yay! Happy for you that you got the ADR's you want. There are so many nice places to dine at WDW, and it's nice to take a load off your feet, sit in A/C, and have a table service meal.

We'll be at BCV from the 1st - 8th, and plan to dine at Ale & Compass. I'll ask about an Easter brunch buffet. ;) Also, others who know more might have posted info on the YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information and Questions thread.
I've checked the restaurant board periodically, too, and haven't seen anything yet. May just be too soon in terms of announcements (though I would have expected menus to have been available at restaurant links given the ADR booking window is open, but again, may just be too soon).

Let's poll the audience. Trying to swing Beach Club for a two-day trip in April, but struggling to justify the added cost over Caribbean Beach (a difference of about $500). I think my five-year-old would have an amazing time at Stormalong Bay, but he had a ton of fun at the Caribbean Beach playground and pool as well. Any thoughts?

Let's poll the audience. Trying to swing Beach Club for a two-day trip in April, but struggling to justify the added cost over Caribbean Beach (a difference of about $500). I think my five-year-old would have an amazing time at Stormalong Bay, but he had a ton of fun at the Caribbean Beach playground and pool as well. Any thoughts?
My 2 cents with the caveat of not having stayed at either: if it’s just by pool alone, for a 5 year old a pool with a slide and a playground are more than enough. To me a more elaborate pool area for a hotel (where you’re not just there for the pool) is more useful when they’re older. And stormalong is big and a 5yo isn’t really old enough to have full reign at the pool while you keep an eye on them from the chair.

That said, there may be other pros to Beach Club that may put it over the edge but if only looking at the pool, Caribbean seems ideal for that age. Hope this helps!

I'm totally biased, but we stayed at CBR back in 2008 and hated it. Yes, this was waayyyy before the Skyliner which might be the only reason I'd ever consider staying there again but I would always vote for Beach Club anyway. It's our favorite resort. Aside from the amazing pool (which my 6 year-old niece absolutely loved last year), you have the ability to walk to two parks, and there's multiple food options between BC/YC, Boardwalk, and Swan/Dolphin.

Not on your resort list, but Port Orleans French Quarter has a fabulous “water park area” for kids that would be perfect for a 5yo. And a separate dragon shaped water slide at the pool. And beignets. 😋

I'm totally biased, but we stayed at CBR back in 2008 and hated it. Yes, this was waayyyy before the Skyliner which might be the only reason I'd ever consider staying there again but I would always vote for Beach Club anyway. It's our favorite resort. Aside from the amazing pool (which my 6 year-old niece absolutely loved last year), you have the ability to walk to two parks, and there's multiple food options between BC/YC, Boardwalk, and Swan/Dolphin.
Why did you hate it out of curiosity?

Why did you hate it out of curiosity?

I hated the layout of it, that it was such a huge, spread-out resort. We even paid for a preferred room but I felt like that was a long walk to the food court and bus stop too. I hated coming home on the bus and having to circle the whole resort with multiple bus stops. Like I said, it was a long time ago and a lot has been done to improve those things, but it was a one and done for us.

Like I said, I am so biased because this a literal comparison of my absolute LEAST favorite resort versus my absolute MOST favorite resort...there is just something I love so much about Beach Club :love:

My 2 cents with the caveat of not having stayed at either: if it’s just by pool alone, for a 5 year old a pool with a slide and a playground are more than enough. To me a more elaborate pool area for a hotel (where you’re not just there for the pool) is more useful when they’re older. And stormalong is big and a 5yo isn’t really old enough to have full reign at the pool while you keep an eye on them from the chair.

That said, there may be other pros to Beach Club that may put it over the edge but if only looking at the pool, Caribbean seems ideal for that age. Hope this helps!
This is a great point about the pools at this age. The major (magical) plus for me with a kid this age at Beach Club is you can walk/stroller into Epcot without folding anything down, come back after a morning at Epcot with ease for a midday hotel room break (they still love to go back to the room and maybe even watch a familiar show to unwind, before visiting pool refreshed and then going back into Epcot to see fireworks and ride two more easy rides kids like, figment, living with land etc. I have read conflicting reports about walking back to Beach club after fireworks. From the regulars I'd like to know more if this option is available, hard to imagine being told no when your room is so close.

This is a great point about the pools at this age. The major (magical) plus for me with a kid this age at Beach Club is you can walk/stroller into Epcot without folding anything down, come back after a morning at Epcot with ease for a midday hotel room break (they still love to go back to the room and maybe even watch a familiar show to unwind, before visiting pool refreshed and then going back into Epcot to see fireworks and ride two more easy rides kids like, figment, living with land etc. I have read conflicting reports about walking back to Beach club after fireworks. From the regulars I'd like to know more if this option is available, hard to imagine being told no when your room is so close.
We stayed at Caribbean Beach in January, and it was much the same experience, just with a Skyliner ride in a single stroller that didn't need to be folded down. We had a great time at Caribbean Beach, but pretty much walked from the room to the Skyliner and back. The pool was directly across the island from the room.

I canceled Beach Club and rebooked Caribbean Beach. I'll take that $500 and book another Disney trip later in the year!

We stayed at Caribbean Beach in January, and it was much the same experience, just with a Skyliner ride in a single stroller that didn't need to be folded down. We had a great time at Caribbean Beach, but pretty much walked from the room to the Skyliner and back. The pool was directly across the island from the room.

I canceled Beach Club and rebooked Caribbean Beach. I'll take that $500 and book another Disney trip later in the year!
I’ve never used skyliner, good to know it’s that easy with strollers! huge plus

Staying at wilderness lodge april 10-17th.

it'll be time #7 for us. haven't been since 2018. lots of new stuff to adjust to and check out.

adr day was today. didn't do too bad, but was shocked that there was nothing at 50's prime time or sci-fi for our hollywood day. nothing. then, i just randomly checked it now (11pm EST) and there are a ton of reservations at both.

still not seeing anything for lunch or dinner at yak and yeti on our AK day yet, though.

is there an april ADR cancellation thread? i can't seem to find it searching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter