***Official April 2023 Thread***

Staying at wilderness lodge april 10-17th.

it'll be time #7 for us. haven't been since 2018. lots of new stuff to adjust to and check out.

adr day was today. didn't do too bad, but was shocked that there was nothing at 50's prime time or sci-fi for our hollywood day. nothing. then, i just randomly checked it now (11pm EST) and there are a ton of reservations at both.

still not seeing anything for lunch or dinner at yak and yeti on our AK day yet, though.

is there an april ADR cancellation thread? i can't seem to find it searching.
I had problems searching for 50s on my adr try. Try searching different times if you haven’t, maybe even just select the lunch option, that’s what finally helped me. Yak and yeti seemed so show up a day or 2 after the 60 days mark for us.

Just finished making ADRs for my trip and got all three that I wanted: Sci-Fi lunch, Crystal Palace breakfast (never been before), and Beaches & Cream lunch.

Any word on MK fireworks parties when Happily Ever After returns? I just want to finalize our basic schedule, Disney!

Nope. I'm in a couple of watch threads and check daily myself! I'm waiting for that and Rodeo Round-Up. If I ever see it open, I'll post here too!

I'm going to book Keys to the Kingdom and not add the extra park day. If it opens at 60 days - is that the same as the 60 days + 10?

I booked my dining reservations this week. I was only going for two things: HDDR and Space 220. I thought Space 220 would be a long shot, so I was shocked that I actually snagged two reservations there! (Lunch for 3 in the restaurant on 60+5, and dinner for 2 in the lounge on 60+7). I will be cancelling one of them (most likely the dinner, but waiting for my dad to confirm that he wants to join us for the lunch). This is during Easter week so I really wasn't expecting to get that one at all, let alone have two options. I also got my preferred date, time, and seating category for HDDR, so I'm very happy!!

ADR done, a few glitches (not working on phone, 60+5 window not always showing) but I got everything: Beaches and Cream, Oga and Space 220 Lounge. I also remembered that I wanted to try Skipper Canteen one day and added that.

I booked my dining reservations this week. I was only going for two things: HDDR and Space 220. I thought Space 220 would be a long shot, so I was shocked that I actually snagged two reservations there! (Lunch for 3 in the restaurant on 60+5, and dinner for 2 in the lounge on 60+7). I will be cancelling one of them (most likely the dinner, but waiting for my dad to confirm that he wants to join us for the lunch). This is during Easter week so I really wasn't expecting to get that one at all, let alone have two options. I also got my preferred date, time, and seating category for HDDR, so I'm very happy!!
Hi, I booked HDDR too but I’m so torn about it! Have you been there before? Have you heard good things about it? Want to see if I can get myself more pumped up for it, haha

Last edited:
(not working on phone, 60+5 window not always showing)

I had to switch to my phone for that reason! Also clicked in my head that now I navigate faster on my phone vs computer. Computer was always my go to!

Congrats on getting all your wishes! I’m almost there. Just waiting for HEA fireworks parties, and Fantasmic dining to drop. But, even if they don’t happen we are going to have a blast!!! Most excited about TRON!!

Hi, I booked HDDR too but I’m so torn about it! Have you been there before? Have you heard good things about it? Want to see if I can get myself more pumped up for it, haha
I've never been to it before, so hopefully someone else on here can tell you all about it. I did watch some clips of it on youtube, and it looks cheesy and campy and fun, and the kind of humor my 8 year old son will probably enjoy, which is the main reason I booked it. It also has a menu that my picky kid will actually eat. And it seems like one of those classic Disney experiences that you should do at least once. Those were my reasons!

Hoop Dee Doo is a lot of fun and the food is good, too. It is just a little tricky to get to Fort Wilderness. The best option is to take the boat from MK if you want to take Disney transportation to get there.

Joining in. Solo. Going April 25th-May 7th. Kind of a crazy stay. I rented DVC points at SSR May 1st-6th last July. Then I added Hilton Buena Vista Palace on points for April 26th-May 1st. Then flight schedule came out and the only decent flights to my little hometown airport were the 25th and 7th so I tacked on ASSp for the 25th and PoP for the 6th, but thinking I may just stay at the MCO Hyatt on the 6th as it’s only $29 more than PoP and my flight leaves at 7:30 am. Also not sure about the first night, might do an airport hotel then too.

After 5 cancelled trips since April 2020, we are here!!

April 12-23rd. 15th to 23 at Saratoga Springs. Will need to find something offsite for first few days. Or maybe some of those healthy people that booked studios for the marathon will cancel before the 30 days! LOL

Looking forward to Tron and warmer weather than we would have had at Christmas. Looks like crowds may be heavier coming off of Easter, but I don't think any worse than we were preparing for over Christmas week.

The current fireworks dessert party listings now acknowledge that nothing’s available after March 31st, so that’s progress at least. But still no word on when they’ll be available. So frustrating considering what a busy time the first half of April will be—I just want to pin down Fantasmic and Fireworks and move on! It’s making just winging it look more and more appealing I guess so maybe I’ll end up saving money due to their delay…
8CAB8CF3-095C-4734-8129-9516B86C4EF2.jpeg

The current fireworks dessert party listings now acknowledge that nothing’s available after March 31st, so that’s progress at least. But still no word on when they’ll be available. So frustrating considering what a busy time the first half of April will be—I just want to pin down Fantasmic and Fireworks and move on! It’s making just winging it look more and more appealing I guess so maybe I’ll end up saving money due to their delay…
View attachment 739805
thank you, like you I've moved on to accepting that it will be almost impossible to book these now that my 60+ window is gone. Does anyone have experience in these booking before 6 am on listed day?

Any idea when the April Fantasmic fireworks dining pkgs will open for booking? Or the Rose & Crown fireworks dining pkgs.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter