***Official April 2023 Thread***

Question for those of you who've used Genie+ on past trips: are you planning to use it on your April trip?

DH and I haven't used it yet and were contemplating trying it for a day at MK (seems to be the best for first-timers, due to the number of attractions but feel free to redirect me if you have other thoughts) since it's just the two of us, so paying for it for two is obv cheaper than paying for it for six (this summer) if we find it doesn't work for us. We thought we'd try it out and see if we like it, etc. BUT then have seen that it sometimes sells out and also the sheer volume of people who may be there (Easter week) perhaps this isn't a good time to try it. For those of you who have used it before, are you planning to get it again?

Fyi, looks like HS hours for April changed again. Now it’s closing at 10pm instead of 9:30.
EDIT: I only went by the Touring Plans alert for my week and it looks like for now at least, 10pm only through April 15th.

Last edited:

It’s showing HS closing at 9:30 through April 29th.
Ah good to know! I only got a touring plans alert of the time change for my specific April week. That said, if there’s a fantasmic show at 10pm, it sounds like there’s a good change the closing may be extended to 10pm 🤞 EDIT: To clarify, extended to 10pm the first half of April. April 16th and on is for now still at 9:30pm. But still 10pm Fantasmic show for that second half of April.

Last edited:

Fyi, based on another poster’s comments, edited post to show that for now at least, 10pm closure of HS is only for first half of April. April 16th and on is for now still at 9:30.
We have tix for the After Hours on 4/19 it’s supposed to begin at 9:30 same time as park closing ….not happy with this as I guess regular park guests will still be getting in line when the After Hours begins…I hope they at least allow After Hours guests to go through lightening lanes…

We have tix for the After Hours on 4/19 it’s supposed to begin at 9:30 same time as park closing ….not happy with this as I guess regular park guests will still be getting in line when the After Hours begins…I hope they at least allow After Hours guests to go through lightening lanes…
They didn’t in February. But I was still able to do almost everything I wanted. I skipped Rise because the line was posted at 50 minutes with barely an hour left in the event and I still had MMRR and ToT to do

Question for those of you who've used Genie+ on past trips: are you planning to use it on your April trip?

DH and I haven't used it yet and were contemplating trying it for a day at MK (seems to be the best for first-timers, due to the number of attractions but feel free to redirect me if you have other thoughts) since it's just the two of us, so paying for it for two is obv cheaper than paying for it for six (this summer) if we find it doesn't work for us. We thought we'd try it out and see if we like it, etc. BUT then have seen that it sometimes sells out and also the sheer volume of people who may be there (Easter week) perhaps this isn't a good time to try it. For those of you who have used it before, are you planning to get it again?
I have used the genie+ when we were there last year. I found it to be worth just for some of the ease of things. I would check out videos on youtube, I watch Mammoth Club & Ear Scouts. Both have great info on the genie

Reactions: KSL
Still waiting on the Epcot Dining Packages.... that's the last thing I need/want for my trip....

We will be there from April 7-16 at Shades of Green! Not going to lie…I am very nervous about how crowded it will be, but I’m a teacher so we are limited on when we can go. Still so excited as we have had to reschedule our trip 3 times since Covid.
Teacher too and hoping crowds are not worse than when we went in 2019...it was not as bad I had feared then, but have no idea now and have done ZERO planning for our trip.

OMG April is almost here! I know I will be a nervous wreck leading up to the days before our trip, seeing this has been rescheduled so many times... like is it really happening? Hopefully no major weather storms affecting air travel this time...
Anyways, we are there during the springtime surprise marathon and had planned Epcot Friday the 14th. We are at a Disney Springs hotel prior to our onsite stay - wondering if that will affect early entry at Epcot that morning. I'm not sure what the routes are or actual race days. We'd be taking the hotel bus. I'm assuming if it's a resort that gets early entry, their busses would be advised of alternate routes if roads are blocked off.

Hello all!

I’d like to ask some help! For anyone staying at a Disney Resort during the month of April, can you please take a picture of the April Resort Recreation Calendar for the Official Monthly Calendar Thread? I’ll be updating Page 1 of that thread as they come in. I’d truly appreciate it, as well as the other Diser’s who have trips this month! Have you all have a great trip!

Thank you!

Hello all!

I’d like to ask some help! For anyone staying at a Disney Resort during the month of April, can you please take a picture of the April Resort Recreation Calendar for the Official Monthly Calendar Thread? I’ll be updating Page 1 of that thread as they come in. I’d truly appreciate it, as well as the other Diser’s who have trips this month! Have you all have a great trip!

Thank you!
Replying to my post…

We have most Resort Recreation April Calendars if anyone is interested, but still in need of the following:

• Boardwalk Inn Resort/BWV
  • Grand Floridian Resort/VGF
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Port Orleans - French Quarter
  • Port Orleans - Riverside
  • Wilderness Lodge CCV /BRV

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited:
I think you'll be okay...our CT break is the week before that, plus it coincides with Easter this year. I think a lot of the Easter crowds will be leaving around the time you are arriving. Crowds or not, mid-April trips are my favorite :goodvibes
Really appreciate the optimism about the April crowds! I am going in April for the first time in almost 30 years now that my kids are school aged and I have to be honest- I got a little in my head with anxiety about the crowds.

Just have to have a plan but be flexible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter