*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Looks like they may not be extending house for the week of 25th thru 30th. Based upon their previous patterns on extending prior works, it should have happened by today. I guess that means there is a good chance that the hours will not be extended?

Looks like they may not be extending house for the week of 25th thru 30th. Based upon their previous patterns on extending prior works, it should have happened by today. I guess that means there is a good chance that the hours will not be extended?

It usually happens between 11:00am and 12:00pm so don't give up hope yet!

ETA: I think last week it updated around 11:40am.

Last edited:
Last week it was later than the week before they updated around 10:40 central (11:40 eastern) - I almost gave up hope. I would not give up hope until the day is over!

Last edited:
Do the dining reservations open as soon as the hours are extended or does it happen later in the day?

Question- We have some family in Florida that is wanting to meet us on our arrival day for lunch. Does anyone know if they would be able to park at our resort so we could take the Skyliner to lunch at Riviera Resort? We are staying at Pop. I thought about parking at Disney Springs and riding a bus but they are older and even though they will be vaccinated, I don’t want them to get around a big group of people. That’s why we are thinking Skyliner to a resort for outside dining would be better.

Why not have them meet you at the Rivera? Just provide the reservation number so they can park.

Do the dining reservations open as soon as the hours are extended or does it happen later in the day?

Last week the hours were extended on Friday, like normal. I started checking for a Yak & Yeti dinner reservation (hours previously had been only until 5:00 for AK, so dinner wasn't available). By Monday, the hours for the restaurant had been updated to reflect dinner but there were no reservations for any time. Early Tuesday morning, they all dropped and I grabbed one at like 6:30 that morning.

Not sure if the same holds true every week, but that was my experience.

They usually aren't adding dining reservations until late Monday (after 9 PM Eastern) or early Tuesday morning after the announcement of extended hours - so if they extended today for your trip, they probably won't start popping up until the 13th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter