*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Thank you very much! This is helpful. The hours seem so short during the week we are there, so I was curious how it would all work out. We are staying on property so that will help, and I think I agree with you on skipping EMH, esp with teens and also with the time change. It might work out better for us to just not do that the week we are there. Thank you again for your help.
One other thing to think about with the early morning magic hours, is to expect more of a crowd if going during regular park hours to a park that had early hours. We typically don't go to those parks. For instance, if MK has the early magic hours, we choose to go to Epcot or somewhere else. Good to check on the crowd calendar and hours before booking FPs, and then check it again later on because Disney may change hours on shorter notice (if I recall this happened this past April) than the 60 day window particularly posting later evening hours. But, with Star Wars Land and how that all will be playing out, will see what happens in the spring with hours. I'll be paying closer attention to hours and put a loose park plan and alternate plan together right before booking FPs, and also check back on any park hour changes before going.

One other thing to think about with the early morning magic hours, is to expect more of a crowd if going during regular park hours to a park that had early hours. We typically don't go to those parks. For instance, if MK has the early magic hours, we choose to go to Epcot or somewhere else. Good to check on the crowd calendar and hours before booking FPs, and then check it again later on because Disney may change hours on shorter notice (if I recall this happened this past April) than the 60 day window particularly posting later evening hours. But, with Star Wars Land and how that all will be playing out, will see what happens in the spring with hours. I'll be paying closer attention to hours and put a loose park plan and alternate plan together right before booking FPs, and also check back on any park hour changes before going.
Oh! That is very helpful! Thank you! I’ll be sure to check the hours now before I book the FPs and to avoid EMH parks on the days they are offered.

Jumping on. We technically have a March trip that bleeds into April but we also have an adults only booked April 23-26 at Gran Destino! Currently just hubby and I!

We really liked park hoppers last time. Especially if you're hoping from Magic Kingdom to Epcot or the other way. It didn't take that much extra time. Last time we went we hopped 4/5 days with one day doing 3 parks.

For April 2019, WDW park hours posted changes on March 15. Since Easter is a week earlier in 2020, perhaps beginning of March there may be park hour extensions posted.

For April 2019, WDW park hours posted changes on March 15. Since Easter is a week earlier in 2020, perhaps beginning of March there may be park hour extensions posted.
The usual timeline is the second Friday of the month before (except when the first Friday is the 1st or 2nd, then it is usually the third Friday). But you never know when Disney will change that.

We're heading there April 21-May 2. Just started booking some ADRs and I see there are plenty left for what I thought usually went fast. Oga's Cantina, Ohana, Be our Guest, lots of Character meals. I'm hoping that's because it will be quiet then. Or are these not popular ADRs anymore?

We're heading there April 21-May 2. Just started booking some ADRs and I see there are plenty left for what I thought usually went fast. Oga's Cantina, Ohana, Be our Guest, lots of Character meals. I'm hoping that's because it will be quiet then. Or are these not popular ADRs anymore?
When I did my initial batch of ADR booking, I noticed quite a few choices for a few of those you mentioned, whereas prior visits it was harder to get them. I had some issue just with Beaches and Cream.

Since most of our Disney portion of the trip is in April, figured this might be the right place for me!

We're heading to Orlando for our 2nd whole family trip (DH and I snuck off for an adults-only WDW getaway in April, the kids still don't know that's where we went!).

Universal: Hard Rock Hotel 3/28-3/31 (our first time at a Universal park)
Disney: 3/31-4/5
we'll spend either 3/31 or 4/1 at Kennedy Space Center

Hopefully staying at Dolphin on Marriott points, really want to stay in the Epcot/Boardwalk area! Currently holding 3 different reservations, hoping Dolphin has a points room come available for 4/1. Currently we have a cash reservation at Dolphin for 3/31 & 4/1, points reservation at Dolphin for 4/2-4/5, and a Shades of Green reservation (as backup) for 3/31-4/5.

It will be our first time with a car (last time we did 8 days at WDW and just used ME and provided in-park transportation), not sure if we'll use it to get around or just park it and use Disney transportation.

We're all really excited about Harry Potter, Galaxy's Edge, and Pandora (DH and I did Pandora, but again, kids don't know that!). I'm excited to have a little bit more relaxed 2nd trip - we saw a LOT on our first trip in 2017, so we can skip all the "glad we tried it and rode/saw it once, but don't need to do it again."

Is there a Memory Maker share going yet?

Since most of our Disney portion of the trip is in April, figured this might be the right place for me!

We're heading to Orlando for our 2nd whole family trip (DH and I snuck off for an adults-only WDW getaway in April, the kids still don't know that's where we went!).

Universal: Hard Rock Hotel 3/28-3/31 (our first time at a Universal park)
Disney: 3/31-4/5
we'll spend either 3/31 or 4/1 at Kennedy Space Center

Hopefully staying at Dolphin on Marriott points, really want to stay in the Epcot/Boardwalk area! Currently holding 3 different reservations, hoping Dolphin has a points room come available for 4/1. Currently we have a cash reservation at Dolphin for 3/31 & 4/1, points reservation at Dolphin for 4/2-4/5, and a Shades of Green reservation (as backup) for 3/31-4/5.

It will be our first time with a car (last time we did 8 days at WDW and just used ME and provided in-park transportation), not sure if we'll use it to get around or just park it and use Disney transportation.

We're all really excited about Harry Potter, Galaxy's Edge, and Pandora (DH and I did Pandora, but again, kids don't know that!). I'm excited to have a little bit more relaxed 2nd trip - we saw a LOT on our first trip in 2017, so we can skip all the "glad we tried it and rode/saw it once, but don't need to do it again."

Is there a Memory Maker share going yet?
Welcome along trip planning April! I was trying to get to the Dolphin, but didn't happen this time. SoG here. We've been to Kennedy, it's a nice day visit. Haven't seen any mention about Memory Maker.

A post on Country Bear on the theme thread just reminded me about the Country Bear Jamboree! Does this still exist? A quick look online says it's in WDW MK in Frontierland, but I don't remember seeing this for a very long time. Anyone seen this recently, is it still operating?

A post on Country Bear on the theme thread just reminded me about the Country Bear Jamboree! Does this still exist? A quick look online says it's in WDW MK in Frontierland, but I don't remember seeing this for a very long time. Anyone seen this recently, is it still operating?

It was operating in April, and there's nothing to indicate that it's closed/closing anytime soon.

We will be there the same day and having dinner at Ale and Compass too! Congrats on all of your celebrations!

How funny! Well, you see what I look like in my profile pic- so if you see us come say hi! Our adr is for 6:15.

Just saw it yesterday and loved it!

Attachments

• FF2A4404-D18B-4AEF-B5D7-5F56B9E07238.jpeg
    FF2A4404-D18B-4AEF-B5D7-5F56B9E07238.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1
I was wondering if someone could help me answer a ticket question. We haven’t visited WDW since the date based tickets got started. If the ticket expires April 10, are you allowed to enter the park on that day still? OR does it expire that morning, making it not valid starting that day? I am asking because it says the 7 day tickets are good for 10 days, and I would like to enter the park on our last day, but that is also the day the ticket expires? So just not sure if I can do that? Thanks so much!

OK folks, I have to say I'm excited to read the MMRR news. Wonder how FPs will be for it, tier, etc. I have some reading to do after Christmas about how to now tour HS. There will be a lot of changes now since we last went prior to Star Wars Land opening, now this other ride and a mickey shorts theater. Typically we only do a half day at HS, now I think we may do a full or two half days.

OK folks, I have to say I'm excited to read the MMRR news. Wonder how FPs will be for it, tier, etc. I have some reading to do after Christmas about how to now tour HS. There will be a lot of changes now since we last went prior to Star Wars Land opening, now this other ride and a mickey shorts theater. Typically we only do a half day at HS, now I think we may do a full or two half days.

Me too! So excited!! We had planned a full day at HS, but I'm wondering if we'll need to schedule another half-day (since ROTR will be non-negotiable).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!