***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a minor change, we are going April 13-18 staying at AKL Jambo house and I am so excited!! We have never been to AKL, it looks wonderful. Then the 3 day cruise 18 - 21. The kids don't know we are staying at AKL, I told them we are staying at the Holiday Inn. Can't wait to see their faces! I don't want to wish a year away, but I can't wait for our trip!! :yay:

Just wondering -- do you have twins?

so where is everyone staying?? I think we will book a room only when that opens up, just not sure where yet? AOA seems to be high for value or am I nuts? We could book at Studio at BW when that window opens, but not sure if the sofa bed will be a good idea again next year. We stayed in one this April and loved the room at AK in Jambo house, nice room convenient location, but having the boys sleep on a cheap super hard super thin mattress on a sofa bed for 9 nights was a bit pathetic. Other choice could be a room at POR and book a preferred room so that we could be on the Alligator bayou side, that trundle looks more comfy than the pull out couch, and the rooms are all newly refurbed. Just thought I would check in here to all the April 2013ers and see what is new? :wave2:

So far it looks like a lot of folks are undecided. I think that if I were you, I'd go for the family suite at AoA. You'll have more space and it should be cheaper than the Boardwalk studio. Less than five months till we can begin making ADRs. :cool1:

so where is everyone staying?? I think we will book a room only when that opens up, just not sure where yet? AOA seems to be high for value or am I nuts? :

We have decided on POFQ and we are doing a package this time.
Did yo know that you can book room only reservations now? They will be at 2012 rates but that will be adjusted once the 2013 rates are released.
I also agree that AOA seems expensive for a value but maybe I need to see a room with my own eyes to appreciate it.

We have decided on POFQ and we are doing a package this time.
Did yo know that you can book room only reservations now? They will be at 2012 rates but that will be adjusted once the 2013 rates are released.
I also agree that AOA seems expensive for a value but maybe I need to see a room with my own eyes to appreciate it.

Yep, I made my room-only reservation in April. I think you can book a room-only reservation something like 500 days out.

We were able to book our DVC (rented points) stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House a couple of weeks ago. We booked at 11 months out so that we'd have the best chance of getting a Value Studio. This trip, it will just be DH, DD3 (4 at the time of the trip) and me, so that's plenty of room...especially since we're hardly ever in the room!

:sunny:

I am still completely on the fence about where to stay. It seems like the more places I look, the more confused I am. :lmao: It will most likely be a moderate resort though. Maybe POFQ? :confused3 That's one I keep looking at the most. :)

nope for the price of a studio, the AOA suite would be waaaay more money. We were looking at a standard room at AOA, or studio at BW or possibly POR preferred room (alligator bayou side) hmmmmmm. Hoping all of Fantasyland will be open by then!

I am still completely on the fence about where to stay. It seems like the more places I look, the more confused I am. :lmao: It will most likely be a moderate resort though. Maybe POFQ? :confused3 That's one I keep looking at the most. :)

Have you visited the POFQ FAQ thread, or the POFQ pictures thread? Both might help you to decide. I've only ever stayed at POFQ, so I don't have a way to compare. Dh liked POFQ and if that's what dh wants, that's what dh gets. (I confess, if I ever go without him, I most likely will try a different resort, just to experience something new.)

I've never stayed at a Moderate (We stayed Value when DS was very little, and Deluxe/DVC since then) but I've done a lot of research over the years, and POFQ is definitely the resort I'd choose if we ever stayed Moderate. Of course, it's a matter of personal taste & preference, but I love the look of the resort, the QS dining options seem pretty yummy, and I've heard the bus service is okay, too. We've only ever visited, but it's so beautiful, and there's the added benefit of POR to enjoy both properties and pools.

Good luck deciding!

DH and I returned 3 weeks ago from our first trip to WDW. We stayed at Coronado Springs and absolutely LOVED it. It is such a beautiful resort and we cannot wait to go back.

Tentatively planning for April 20 - 27, 2013!! Those dates are subject to change, but we are definitely going back in 2013! :banana::banana::banana:

Can't quite believe it was only a month ago we were in the Magic Kingdom right now. My wife has officially stated we'll be making a return trip someday. The deciding factor for her? The enormous cinnamon buns you can get at the Main Street bakery!!! She's been dreaming about them ever since! :rotfl:

Add me to the list! We aren't sure of the exact dates because we are hoping for some discounts to come out later this year but right now we are looking at April 25-30th most likely staying at Coronado Springs.

Can't quite believe it was only a month ago we were in the Magic Kingdom right now. My wife has officially stated we'll be making a return trip somedfl:

ugh, this made me realize - exactly 1 month ago today we were on our flight home from there. :sad2: So sad. It feels like a million years ago, lol

Add me to the list!!

April 8-13 right now. Not 100% sure on where we will stay. Either 2 LM rooms @ AOA, POR, or BC depending on if there's any discounts avail for that time!

Does anyone know when we will be able to price and make reservations for Magic Your Way packages on the website? It's my understanding you can make room only reservations by calling Disney but I can't wait to play around with different scenarios and see what's best for our budget. :)

Does anyone know when we will be able to price and make reservations for Magic Your Way packages on the website? It's my understanding you can make room only reservations by calling Disney but I can't wait to play around with different scenarios and see what's best for our budget. :)

As soon as the price increases are pubished, you should be able to make MYW reservations. Play around now and add 5% to your numbers to get an idea of your cost. Save some of reservations you are pricing and then see if maybe you just don't end up with an email with a PIN code.

A few weeks ago I was looking at prices for WL in Nov. or Dec. during the non-peak weeks and saved them (thinking maybe a short mother/daughter trip). A few days later I received an email with a picture of the Wilderness Lodge and down in the lower right corner (I almost overlooked it) was a PIN. I called and it was for 20% off.

Dh just said yesterday that if the dog dies this summer, he'd like to go back in the fall. I immediately told him I really wanted to go next April because I like the Flower and Garden Festival so much more than the Food and Wine Festival and he said, "So, then, let's do both!" Well, all righty then . . . but the dog isn't dead yet, lol. And it's not like we have unlimited finances!

We will be going 4/20-4/28, and I am SO excited! Planning is half the fun, especially when there is someone to share it with! (My family thinks I am just a little too "nerdy" when it comes to Disney, but they sure don't mind coming along with me!). So far the only set plan we have is our 4 day Disney Cruise leaving Sunday 4/21 returning back to WDW Thurs 4/23. Anyone else on that cruise!? I am going to try to rent DVC points and surprise the kids with AKL for just one night when we arrive, I am a little nervous about that, I've never rented points. Then PC for the end of the trip is what I plan on booking. Now it's just a waiting game and hope for discounts to come up for next April :cool1:

Omg! We're on the same cruise!!:yay: My husband and I are staying at the BCV on the 20th, doing the cruise, then nine nights back at BCV :dance3:, so excited to get back on DCL, it will have been 7 years! Very happy to see someone else (from New England no less :thumbsup2) going on this cruise!

Omg! We're on the same cruise!!:yay: My husband and I are staying at the BCV on the 20th, doing the cruise, then nine nights back at BCV :dance3:, so excited to get back on DCL, it will have been 7 years! Very happy to see someone else (from New England no less :thumbsup2) going on this cruise!

gotdbltrbl posted a change (see post # 40). Looks like they are going to be on the cruise right before yours instead.

I'd like to put you on the first page but not sure of your dates. I've got the one night (20th) but not sure how long the cruise is and when you will check in for your nine-night stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter