Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

With the way the resorts have been filling up. Now. I frequently book multiple hotels and adjust as our stay approaches. The only downside is the required deposit to the CC, which is refunded is a few days once a reservation is canceled - I use the website to book/cancel. I then typically watch the rates on a daily basis to see if the rates become more attractive (not recently) or APH apply (usually 3 months). Just came back from an early May trip where we stayed at Royal Pacific - booked the hotel back in December. Lucky we did, for there were zero on site properties available during our stay. Already have our HHN property booked for September at rack rates and have been checking on a regular basis for APH to apply. Also, the parks were insane for a May trip. If you don't like hour long waits for attractions, I would highly consider a deluxe property for the Express Pass bonus. This last trip was for my daughters bday. She's been to the parks a few times before, but with the entire family were we pick and choose attractions. I knew she would want to ride everything multiple times. This would not have been possible without Express. Most waits times were around 60-70 minutes - we never waited more than 15. Good luck!
Yeah, I am def looking at one of the 3 that offers express passes. I'll go ahead and book the rooms I want then keep an eye out for better rates. The deposit tho... Geeze, Disney has me spoiled with the $200 deposit lol. I just looked and it was $504 for each room (booking 2)

I see a lot of posts saying "I see plenty available at this place" Is there a way of seeing how many rooms are available or is it just playing around and seeing that all room categories are available on that date?

There's nothing like an APH rate drop to make me fiddle around with our plans! I think on our last trip to Universal (about 2 years ago), our hotel arrangements changed about 5 times as the APH-discounted inventory shifted around.

Our upcoming Universal stay is 4 nights. Initial booking was for all 4 nights in a deluxe 2-queen room at HRH. (Thanks to the fact that my son and daughter are now teens, we really need rooms with 3 proper sleeping spaces, e.g., 2 beds plus a fold-out, which definitely limits our options!)

Yesterday while clicking around, I found an APH rate for nights 3 and 4 (but only for those nights) for a Jurassic World Kids Suite at RPR, offered at a lower nightly rate than the one for our HRH room. With the family's blessing, I booked it and will now have a split stay: 2 nights at HRH, followed by 2 nights at RPR. My kids may consider themselves too old to share a bed with a sibling, but they decided they weren't remotely "too old" to enjoy a lavishly-themed dinosaur bedroom! ;) Plus, while I know many consider split stays to be a hassle, my family loves them. We pack super-light so the unpacking and repacking never takes more than a few minutes, and we really enjoy having the chance to explore different resorts, pools and restaurants.

The downside is that by changing the HRH booking from 4 nights to 2, we lost the "Savvy Traveler" rate from the original booking, so my efforts to stalk an APH rate for our dates and HRH room category (which is not fully sold out, so it's possible an APH rate could be offered) have been redoubled.

Me, to the APH rate I am now seeking several times daily...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
RP standard room is $214 a night for 8/15 - 8/16 only. No other date that week came up at the same rate.

I see a lot of posts saying "I see plenty available at this place" Is there a way of seeing how many rooms are available or is it just playing around and seeing that all room categories are available on that date?

I think the latter -- at least I know when I posted something like that about HRH for my dates, I meant that the vast majority of room categories were still showing availability.

FYI - my APH rate I just booked yesterday has already increased approx $40+ a night, this for the 1st weekend in Oct.
When I search for my dates - 2 nights 9/9-9/11- I get only suites at Royal Pacific. But when I search 3 nights 9/8-9/11, I can book a queen room. Does anyone know if I can easily modify this and knock off 9/8 and keep the same room?
You’d pay whatever rate is available. Often they impose a three night minimum
RPR is our favorite resort. However, PBR is a nice consolation prize. It has bigger guest rooms of all the hotels based upon category. We’ve stayed here a few times, and haven’t been disappointed yet. (Unfortunately, can’t say the same for HRH.)
I like PBH, the mr is more of a HRH fan. For nearly $130 difference a night, PBH it is.
Also, there is still a question on if hotels still have a current capacity limit from Covid-19. If they are still currently limiting max occupancy from it, that could also get lifte
TMs I spoke to yesterday confirmed
I know they're nowhere near booked at my hotel for my dates -- if I do a non-APH-rate search, almost every category of room (including the one I booked) still has rooms available at the standard rate. But I shall certainly follow your advice and keep checking. Hope springs eternal! :)
you could be seeing ‘just’ a room or two there
Hard Rock tends to book more fully during HHN than the other hotels, since it's closest to the studios. I don't remember getting an AP rate during the 2 trips I have taken in early October for HHN.
Same with us, however, the same dates haven’t been quite so expensive at rack either
Many were let go when the parks and hotels closed down last year.
Sadly, yes
Yeah - this should become easier now that they are no longer paying the extra for unemployment.
FL standard UEC rate is shockingly low to those of us in other states. As long as people are able to find child care services/openings (a huge issue here for many), I’m sure they will be ready to return.
Our trip is 10/3 - 10/9. I have a pool view at Hard Rock already reserved for $2,177.73. This would save me $388.09. I have never done a split stay. It will be me and my 16 yr old daughter. We've stayed at all resorts except Endless Summers. I am torn.
Are you talking APH rates above? I have no issue doing split stays in Orlando, especially between WDW & U.

Since you are ok with considering a split stay, have you priced out various other date combos for that time span to see if any AP rates pop up
Is there a way of seeing how many rooms are available or is it just playing around and seeing that all room categories are available on that date?
The latter
My kids may consider themselves too old to share a bed with a sibling, but they decided they weren't remotely "too old" to enjoy a lavishly-themed dinosaur bedroom! ;) Plus, while I know many consider split stays to be a hassle, my family loves them. We pack super-light so the unpacking and repacking never takes more than a few minutes, and we really enjoy having the chance to explore different resorts, pools and restaurants.
I’d happily stay in a Dino room too :). Love the adventurous spirits of your kids, good job Mom
I had booked a PBR standard room just three days ago. Changed it to a deluxe two queen room yesterday for an extra $70 for the week. We will definitely be able to use that extra room with four full-sized humans in there!
It’s nice having separate shower & tub & bigger bathroom in the Deluxe rooms but only 40 square feet larger than standard as I recall. We are booked into one by default for the fall, only room open via the APH rate.

Last edited:
I find split stays are time consuming so I avoid them
I tend to agree with you - its burns up too much time IMO. I find even having to change rooms in the same hotel to be a bit of a pain unless I had planned for it up front.

It makes sense at Disney - stay at a monorail hotel when you are doing MK and one of the Epcot ones when doing Epcot and HS.
I did not find staying at AKL to be much of an advantage when going to AK.

Doing a split stay between RPR\Aventura\SF seems doable since you just have to carry your bag over to the other hotel - its all walkable, but I have not tried it. I have considered it if arriving late - stay at Aventura and then go to RPR in the AM to check in get EP etc.. same if leaving early in the AM - but all the moving is just a hassle and if you have 2 or 3 people even more so.

I tend to agree with you - its burns up too much time IMO. I find even having to change rooms in the same hotel to be a bit of a pain unless I had planned for it up front.

It makes sense at Disney - stay at a monorail hotel when you are doing MK and one of the Epcot ones when doing Epcot and HS.
I did not find staying at AKL to be much of an advantage when going to AK.

Doing a split stay between RPR\Aventura\SF seems doable since you just have to carry your bag over to the other hotel - its all walkable, but I have not tried it. I have considered it if arriving late - stay at Aventura and then go to RPR in the AM to check in get EP etc.. same if leaving early in the AM - but all the moving is just a hassle and if you have 2 or 3 people even more so.

We switched hotels between RPR and SF last month, and it was a slight pain. There is no hotel to hotel luggage transfer available. I asked the front desk if we could use a luggage rack to use between hotels and they said no (expected that). We had 2 large suitcases, a couple of carry-on sized bags, a couple of personal sized bags, and a styrofoam cooler. Fortunately, my sister and her husband (who were staying off-property) we’re able to help move the luggage with us. We were able to stack the cooler and the non-wheel bags on top of the suitcases with wheels which helped immensely.

We have a split stay booked at Christmas time between RPR and Aventura! We want to stay at Royal Pacific to get the express passes for a few days during this very busy time. Then, we will move over to Aventura to relax for a few days. We travel only carryon and love our Osprey backpacks. They are super convenient!

We have a split stay booked at Christmas time between RPR and Aventura! We want to stay at Royal Pacific to get the express passes for a few days during this very busy time. Then, we will move over to Aventura to relax for a few days. We travel only carryon and love our Osprey backpacks. They are super convenient!

We're "carryon only" people, too. I think that factor makes all the difference when it comes to a split stay being "fun" and "easy" instead of time-consuming and inconvenient.
I do hope they're doing luggage transfer between the premiers when we visit, though: even if we each only have one bag, it would be nice to have someone else whisk it from one hotel to the other while we're out enjoying the parks. If not, we'll work with it. :)

We switched hotels between RPR and SF last month, and it was a slight pain. There is no hotel to hotel luggage transfer available. I asked the front desk if we could use a luggage rack to use between hotels and they said no (expected that). We had 2 large suitcases, a couple of carry-on sized bags, a couple of personal sized bags, and a styrofoam cooler. Fortunately, my sister and her husband (who were staying off-property) we’re able to help move the luggage with us. We were able to stack the cooler and the non-wheel bags on top of the suitcases with wheels which helped immensely.
Did u wind up walking past RP convention area & cross the access road?
Definitely walkable, enjoy!

We have the Savvy Traveler rate booked for our December trip and its actually lower than the APH rate we paid in April on Spring Break. ST rate averages $272 for our dates and last spring break I think we paid $329 APH, both for Garden View 2 Queen. I'll still check periodically for price drops but I can live with the ST rate.

Anybody know when mid-late February deals are usually dropped? Have a room booked at Cabana bay but would love to switch to an EP resort if an AP discount was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter