Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

When I search for my dates - 2 nights 9/9-9/11- I get only suites at Royal Pacific. But when I search 3 nights 9/8-9/11, I can book a queen room. Does anyone know if I can easily modify this and knock off 9/8 and keep the same room?

When I search for my dates - 2 nights 9/9-9/11- I get only suites at Royal Pacific. But when I search 3 nights 9/8-9/11, I can book a queen room. Does anyone know if I can easily modify this and knock off 9/8 and keep the same room?

You can make the 2nd reservation and modify the first one to a one-night. Then call and have it noted that you'd like to stay in the same room if possible (and ask again at check-in if it hasn't been done). We did this once a few years ago. Assuming none of the relevant procedures have changed, most likely they'll have no trouble accommodating you, but do be prepared to change rooms if worse comes to worst. Even if you don't have to change rooms, you'll still have to go through the motions of "checking out" and checking back in on 9/9.

Note that if the rate under which you originally booked your whole stay is no longer available or was dependent on a length-of-stay (e.g., stay more save more), your rate for that reservation could change when you subtract the other nights. To test it, open up your reservation and start to "modify" by changing the dates, and see if you're able to change the dates without changing the nightly rate.

My experience has been that when you modify a reservation you only get the available rate for the new dates. So that wouldn't work. i haven't been there in a while, you could always try and call in to modify, but I doubt they would extend the same rate to a shorter stay. It doesn't hurt to try, you could always just cancel.

My experience has been that when you modify a reservation you only get the available rate for the new dates. So that wouldn't work. i haven't been there in a while, you could always try and call in to modify, but I doubt they would extend the same rate to a shorter stay. It doesn't hurt to try, you could always just cancel.

Thanks! That’s what I was afraid of. I just went ahead and booked Portofino Bay which was available. It’ll be a new resort to check out, so that’s cool. I just love how close RPR is to Islands 🙁

Yesterday I book PB with Savy Traveler Rate for Sept 18-25 for $2102.63 2 Queen Garden View. Just now booked AP rate for 2 Queen Deluxe Room for $ 2028.22. Did a separate reservation and just canceled the first one.

Last edited:
Thanks! That’s what I was afraid of. I just went ahead and booked Portofino Bay which was available. It’ll be a new resort to check out, so that’s cool. I just love how close RPR is to Islands 🙁

RPR is our favorite resort. However, PBR is a nice consolation prize. It has bigger guest rooms of all the hotels based upon category. We’ve stayed here a few times, and haven’t been disappointed yet. (Unfortunately, can’t say the same for HRH.)

Okay, so next question for the veteran passholders: does Universal typically release additional rooms with an APH rate after the first wave, or is it usually a one-time deal? Do I keep checking daily in case the room I've booked suddenly gets offered at an APH rate, or should I simply say "it is done" and go back to my regular life now? ;)

Last edited:

Okay, so next question for the veteran passholders: does Universal typically release additional rooms with an APH rate after the first wave, or is it usually a one-time deal? Do I keep checking daily in case the room I've booked suddenly gets offered at an APH rate, or should I simply say "it is done" and go back to my regular life now? ;)

Continue checking. Not sure if more rooms get released, but people do cancel, releasing those rooms back into availability. Also, there is still a question on if hotels still have a current capacity limit from Covid-19. If they are still currently limiting max occupancy from it, that could also get lifted, resulting in more rooms becoming available.

Continue checking. Not sure if more rooms get released, but people do cancel, releasing those rooms back into availability. Also, there is still a question on if hotels still have a current capacity limit from Covid-19. If they are still currently limiting max occupancy from it, that could also get lifted, resulting in more rooms becoming available.

I know they're nowhere near booked at my hotel for my dates -- if I do a non-APH-rate search, almost every category of room (including the one I booked) still has rooms available at the standard rate. But I shall certainly follow your advice and keep checking. Hope springs eternal! :)

When the ap rate was released this morning that included September and October, standard and preferred rooms went fast at RP

I noticed before noon the high end suite was bookable.

Many will make room changes and other rooms could be open then.
peajay18, keep an eye on room openings
Peeps will cancel and it’s possible you can get a king club suite.

Nothing for my October 3-8th at Hard Rock. I'd switch but there is nothing for RPR or PB.

The last part of your trip is the beginning of Columbus Day weekend. That's a very busy weekend for HHN. In fact, Hard Rock tends to book more fully during HHN than the other hotels, since it's closest to the studios. I don't remember getting an AP rate during the 2 trips I have taken in early October for HHN.

I missed the AP rate for RP this morning I guess. I just got an AP rate for PB for September 23-28. 2 Q deluxe $248 for 3 of the nights and $280 for the other 2 nights. I took it but prefer RP. I'll keep checking every day though.

I missed the AP rate for RP this morning I guess. I just got an AP rate for PB for September 23-28. 2 Q deluxe $248 for 3 of the nights and $280 for the other 2 nights. I took it but prefer RP. I'll keep checking every day though.
I don’t think you missed it, I think it just was not offered for many dates. I checked this morning 30 mins apart. First check: no AP rate, second check: AP rate but at RPR and HRH expensive suites only; AP discount was only at PBH for normal hotel rooms.

I don’t think you missed it, I think it just was not offered for many dates. I checked this morning 30 mins apart. First check: no AP rate, second check: AP rate but at RPR and HRH expensive suites only; AP discount was only at PBH for normal hotel rooms.
Oh thanks! I've been checking every day for weeks hoping for RP. I'll just keep PB for now and keep checking.

There is always the possibility that more rooms
could be released in the next few months

I did not find what percentage of rooms will be open

Think once they can hire more staff for the hotels, they can possibly move forward in opening more rooms.

Many were let go when the parks and hotels closed down last year.

Yeah - Ive been checking for my dates every day and have seen very spare availability at the high end hotels - not that the APH rates are finally out nothing.
Ill keep checking every morning as rooms do free up.
Think once they can hire more staff for the hotels, they can possibly move forward in opening more rooms.

Many were let go when the parks and hotels closed down last year.
Yeah - this should become easier now that they are no longer paying the extra for unemployment.
I know Florida had issues with its system - but if you figured it out it was probably not bad.
I kind of regret making my kids go back to work - they would have made about double on unemployment and now there is a bonus for going back to work being discussed. That's what you get for doing the right thing I guess.

@weather_lady. Keep checking. We usually go the 3rd or 4th week of August and I've always found the APH rate changes slightly. I do check nearly daily (I treat it like reading the weather online). My normal booking process goes: book best rate, scout for APH, book first APH, scout more, book lower APH. Mostly it is staying at RPR, but sometimes a new room will open at PBH and we move there.

It seems there are more Aug folks on here than usual, I'll post in the Aug thread if I find anything.

Our trip is 10/3 - 10/9. I have a pool view at Hard Rock already reserved for $2,177.73. I can change to Deluxe 2 Queen Room at Portofino from 10/3 - 10/8 for $1,606.84 and then do a 2 Queen Skyline View at Aventura 10/8 - 10/9 for $182.80. We would still have express passes for 10/3 - 10/8. Flight leaves early 10/9. This would save me $388.09. I have never done a split stay. It will be me and my 16 yr old daughter. We've stayed at all resorts except Endless Summers. I am torn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter