Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Hey Mac:

If I book a rack rate now, before AP rates are released for my dates, buy my AP, show up at the front desk on check in day, present my AP, and ask for the AP rate, will I get it?

Do the AP rates vary over time?
I think it's based on availability as only a certain number of rooms can be booked at the AP rate. You could book a rack rate room now and then when AP rates come out, call and ask them to apply the rate to your existing reservation.

I think it's based on availability as only a certain number of rooms can be booked at the AP rate. You could book a rack rate room now and then when AP rates come out, call and ask them to apply the rate to your existing reservation.

Ah, I was afraid of that...no free lunch. Called into Universal today to discuss annual passes and the agent told me that AP rates typically come out about 100 days out. Will book and then mark my calendar...

Just saw your post

The only way to get locked into the ap
rate is by booking with it

I had the savvy travelor rate made back in the winter
When ap rates came out for my fall trip this year , I cancelled and rebooked with the ap rate.

My priority was dates and hotel involved
Costs were secondary

I booked Royal Pacific in August with an annual pass discount. I bought 3 day \3 park park hoppers through undercover tourist. Can I upgrade these to any of the annual passes? I was planning on a seasonal pass 3 park.

I booked Royal Pacific in August with an annual pass discount. I bought 3 day \3 park park hoppers through undercover tourist. Can I upgrade these to any of the annual passes? I was planning on a seasonal pass 3 park.

Yes. I believe the concierge desk located to the left of the checkin desks can upgrade those for you. A few years ago, we upgraded multi-day passes to Preferred APs at Sapphire Falls, and RPR will have the same capability.

When do APH rates come out for holiday season? Looking for over Thanksgiving. Thanks!
First post should have a link to last year’s info but as mac said, we’ve entered new territory here

That said, know the rates over Thanksgiving, including the weekend afterward until Sunday are high as we tend to travel then. I usually skip booking U that weekend & hit the 1st weekend in Dec as it prices out much less.
Yes. I believe the concierge desk located to the left of the checkin desks can upgrade those for you. A few years ago, we upgraded multi-day passes to Preferred APs at Sapphire Falls, and RPR will have the same capability.
YMMV but the line always seems to be so much shorter in the resorts when we stroll past

I'm looking at an APH rate at HRH in October... does anyone know what the cancellation policy is, or where I'll find it?

The T&Cs only seem to reference reservations made by two days ago, for stays through the end of August! :joker:

Guarantee Policy
A refundable deposit equal to 1 night stay is required At the time of booking and will be charged to your Credit Card
Cancellation Policy
Reservations made by 6/30/2020 for travel through 8/31/2020 are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival. One night’s room deposit will not be refunded when cancelling within 24 hours of arrival.

The T&Cs only seem to reference reservations made by two days ago, for stays through the end of August! :joker:
Not getting the funny:confused3

Via my personal experience, It is one of the most lenient I’ve seen rolled out in response to the uncertainty of the pandemic

particular notice should be directed to the booking date, which has passed. Believe it was left in place on website for reference to those who have already booked

Not valid to new bookings At this point. unless they elect to extend or replace it with another, any reservations booked fall under their standard cancellation policy.

Direct link to this time sensitive policy for tickets, packages & room only reservation follows for those interested in the details

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/booking

Last edited:
Not getting the funny:confused3
I'd guess the humor comes in given the fact that the currently applied rate T&Cs state they apply only to reservations made on or before June 30th. Thus any reservations made after June 30th, have no rate T&Cs applied to them. Probably not true, but it reads that way. :)

In answer to the original question, the only two options I can see are the temporary T&Cs would be considered extended or old T&Cs are back in place. The old rate T&Cs stated you had until 5 days before your trip to cancel and still receive a full refund. In either case, if you make a reservation today for later this year, you should be able to cancel without any penalties until at least 5 days (maybe closer in) before your trip. Universal/Loews requiring one night's rate as a deposit wasn't affected by the temporary relaxation of the normal cancellation policy. So I'd expect it will still be in effect.

Note that the T&Cs referenced are for direct hotel reservations through Universal or Loews websites (i.e. not package deals or 3rd party reservations which would have their own specific T&Cs).

The old rate T&Cs stated you had until 5 days before your trip to cancel and still receive a full refund. In either case, if you make a reservation today for later this year, you should be able to cancel without any penalties until at least 5 days
Correct, unless they again decide to put in special Cancellation accommodations going forward. Even then, that might only apply to new reservations within a certain time frame

if their room matrix is currently sufficiently booked, probably won’t see anything new offered

Thanks all for the replies - it just made me laugh that even though I was looking at making an October reservation, the policies specifically outlined that they weren't even addressing this period... I'm struggling to find any other T&Cs on the website at the moment, so think I'll give them a call to be sure...

Thanks all for the replies - it just made me laugh that even though I was looking at making an October reservation, the policies specifically outlined that they weren't even addressing this period... I'm struggling to find any other T&Cs on the website at the moment, so think I'll give them a call to be sure...
I'm not up on the Universal lingo...what's T&Cs?

So, I just received an e-mail from UO regarding an issue with my Portofino Bay reservation in a few weeks (guessing they're finally admitting it won't be open). The e-mail asks me to call but also states "We wish to extend a $50 Hotel Dining Credit* to use at select hotel dining outlets during your stay of 2+ nights, because of any inconvenience this may have caused. " So the fact that I'm only staying one night means I haven't been inconvenienced?

UPDATE: Portofino Bay will be closed at least until July 26th. We were moved to the Hard Rock at not additional charge (Portofino was ~$30 less when I booked it). I was told I was the first one to call after the notices were sent so they are trying to figure out how to transfer the deposit from my original reservation.

Last edited:
So, I just received an e-mail from UO regarding an issue with my Portofino Bay reservation in a few weeks (guessing they're finally admitting it won't be open). The e-mail asks me to call but also states "We wish to extend a $50 Hotel Dining Credit* to use at select hotel dining outlets during your stay of 2+ nights, because of any inconvenience this may have caused. " So the fact that I'm only staying one night means I haven't been inconvenienced?

UPDATE: Portofino Bay will be closed at least until July 26th. We were moved to the Hard Rock at not additional charge (Portofino was ~$30 less when I booked it). I was told I was the first one to call after the notices were sent so they are trying to figure out how to transfer the deposit from my original reservation.

I experienced the exact same thing. The TM told me they weren't opening Portofino until July 31st. I had to ask to switch to HRH at the same rate since Portofino was less when I booked, too. Do you still get the credit despite it being a one night stay?

I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to the size of the room but at least we'll be closer to the parks.

I experienced the exact same thing. The TM told me they weren't opening Portofino until July 31st. I had to ask to switch to HRH at the same rate since Portofino was less when I booked, too. Do you still get the credit despite it being a one night stay?
She said the credit would be on my account so I'll have to see when we check in. They couldn't transfer my deposit so cancelled and refunded my first deposit and just told me to pay in full when I check in which surprised me!

She said the credit would be on my account so I'll have to see when we check in. They couldn't transfer my deposit so cancelled and refunded my first deposit and just told me to pay in full when I check in which surprised me!

I like your TM much more than mine! We had to cancel the old and book the new.

I like your TM much more than mine! We had to cancel the old and book the new.
They were figuring out as they went along. She had just gotten the e-mail about Portofino 7 minutes before I did so she was surprised I was calling so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter