"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I’m honestly just waiting until our date (9/11) sells out too lol. I do wonder if all of the dates being sold out is a mix of increased interest since they haven’t had it plus maybe a different capacity in years past due to potential employee shortages?
I think yes, to both.

How many rides can a couple do between 4-midnight if the only two things we want to do party wise is the last parade and last stage show? Is 8 or 10 reasonable? Trying to justify a MNSSHP night (on a budget trip) instead of a full park ticket MK day… 👻 sorry if this is the wrong thread! (Basically looking at a MNSSHP night, an AK day, and HS day… next fall.)

How many rides can a couple do between 4-midnight if the only two things we want to do party wise is the last parade and last stage show? Is 8 or 10 reasonable? Trying to justify a MNSSHP night (on a budget trip) instead of a full park ticket MK day… 👻 sorry if this is the wrong thread! (Basically looking at a MNSSHP night, an AK day, and HS day… next fall.)

I haven't been, but speaking from my experience with the Christmas party, I think that's very doable depending on which rides. The ones with overlays will have longer waits. You can use touringplans to make a custom plan for a better idea of what might be possible.

Also, make sure you don't get trapped on the wrong side of the first parade from the rides you want to do. Also speaking from experience 🤣

I haven't been, but speaking from my experience with the Christmas party, I think that's very doable depending on which rides. The ones with overlays will have longer waits. You can use touringplans to make a custom plan for a better idea of what might be possible.

Also, make sure you don't get trapped on the wrong side of the first parade from the rides you want to do. Also speaking from experience 🤣
That last tip is gold! I’d never thought about that. Thanks! 🤗

For folks who attended the 8/16 party (with no rain) AND who previously went to a pre-COVID Party (not Boo Bash)... did this "sell out" feel more crowded than a pre-COVID Party? Just curious - we've never done a Party and heard how crazy crowded the Parties had gotten pre-COVID. I don't mind some crowds and waits, but I was really hoping for fireworks not to be shoulder to shoulder packed, have to save a spot for an hour, etc. Some comments I've seen give me hope...
I asked this last night but didn't get any responses so thanks for posting! I think you worded your post much better than I did but this was basically what I was wondering also. :) Hoping the crowds won't feel too bad at our party on 8/30 which has now sold out also.

We will be there Tuesday and I’m looking for QS dinner options. I know Cosmic Ray’s and Casey’s are open. Is Columbia HH open? We canceled our res for The Plaza but want to eat something before 7pm. Thx

Sorry another q! Can you use regular genie for wait times and line times? I know genie+/LL doesn’t work in parties but can you see the list of wait times on the mde app at least?

I told myself to wait until after work to buy my tickets, and I shouldn't have! My dates sold out and now I have to pick another weekend to come up (and my friend from out of town can't come anymore)
These are going fast this year. I truly hope part of the reason is lower max capacity than previous MNSSHPs. Last year they ended up adding more dates for BOO bash (On June 11, ‘21). Also, they ended up re-opening some sold out dates. They said that availability came from people moving around dates or cancelling. So keep an eye out. Good luck!

These are going fast this year. I truly hope part of the reason is lower max capacity than previous MNSSHPs. Last year they ended up adding more dates for BOO bash (On June 11, ‘21). Also, they ended up re-opening some sold out dates. They said that availability came from people moving around dates or cancelling. So keep an eye out. Good luck!
They're going fast all of a sudden! It seems everyone is realizing it's time to book tickets. I really wanted to go and my friend was mostly thinking it'll be fun, so I think we're going to just do Epcot instead. Fortunately, I'm a Florida resident and could pick a different weekend to go. Now just need to spend extra on a hotel, gas and a day ticket to Epcot *hoping for APs maybe by then*

They're going fast all of a sudden! It seems everyone is realizing it's time to book tickets. I really wanted to go and my friend was mostly thinking it'll be fun, so I think we're going to just do Epcot instead. Fortunately, I'm a Florida resident and could pick a different weekend to go. Now just need to spend extra on a hotel, gas and a day ticket to Epcot *hoping for APs maybe by then*
APs would be nice! Hopefully WDW is getting news soon.

I'm thinking that after last years Boo Bash, people were waiting for the vloggers to post their videos and reviews. I know it made me feel better.

I think your ride plan is reasonable. I've been to 3 or 4 past MNSSHP parties, last being 2019. My group tends to focus on rides. In 2019 during the 4-6 time slot we tried to hit up a few rides that had shorter lines but longer duration or indoor rides (i.e. Small World, Little Mermaid). We chose those rides because we didn't want to "waste our party time" doing those long/indoor rides. One choice we made was to skip Haunted Mansion during the party as it had a super long wait time, much longer than on a normal day. We were able to walk up to see Madame Carlotta on the lawn. I got razzed about not going on HM during the party, but I didn't care. I saw no reason to waste my party time standing in the HM line for 40 min. All other rides were very short waits and we whizzed on and off rides all night. I felt like we rode "everything" we wanted to ride.

Can you buy genie + to use from 4-6pm?

When I went to my tip board on the morning of my party day, the option to buy Genie + was there. I did not have any park tickets other than the party one. So I think you may be able to buy it and it might go later than 6, not positive because I didn’t try to buy. There was a LOT of people using the LL for Space Mtn between 7&8, they were all scanning their magic bands and I was doubting they were all using it for the DAS or assisted purposes. It was a steady stream of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter