"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was adamant on seeing Max, so we sat down on the curb 1/3 down main street (from the entrance) at 8:30. That was WAY too early but it was just us so we enjoyed just hanging out. There were spots for people to sit around us for a long time after that. If you didn't need to be front row and were fine standing behind people sitting on the curb, 915 would've been fine because it takes 25ish minutes for the parade to make it to main street. Additionally, the 11:15 parade was probably better because we walked down main street to leave around 1140 as the parade was making it's way down and we could've easily watched the whole thing standing behind the front row of people. In many ways I felt that it was less crowded than the After Hours Christmas Party we went to last year. I found that to be more crowded for the parade/fireworks.

The park overall did feel crowded to me though. Things we accomplished as 2 adults taking our time arriving at 7:

1. Splash Mountain (walk on at 7)
  2. Casey's Corner
  3. Shopping
  4. Parade on main Street
  5. Fireworks
  6. Attempted the Hocus Pocus show at 1045 but was cancelled
  7. Elvis Stitch (45min)
  8. Trick or Treating / Monsters Scare Floor (gave out a ton of candy at this late hour)
  9. Left at 1140ish , could've rewatched parade on main street.

We were not in any hurry and did not arrive until 7pm. This was for my birthday. We definitely could've done more had we arrived earlier or planned better. When we take our 3 year old (hopefully in October when it's less hot) we will have a better plan :mickeybar For me I just wanted to take in the atmosphere/party and relax.

My husband was adamant on seeing Max, so we sat down on the curb 1/3 down main street (from the entrance) at 8:30. That was WAY too early but it was just us so we enjoyed just hanging out. There were spots for people to sit around us for a long time after that. If you didn't need to be front row and were fine standing behind people sitting on the curb, 915 would've been fine because it takes 25ish minutes for the parade to make it to main street. Additionally, the 11:15 parade was probably better because we walked down main street to leave around 1140 as the parade was making it's way down and we could've easily watched the whole thing standing behind the front row of people. In many ways I felt that it was less crowded than the After Hours Christmas Party we went to last year. I found that to be more crowded for the parade/fireworks.

The park overall did feel crowded to me though. Things we accomplished as 2 adults taking our time arriving at 7:

1. Splash Mountain (walk on at 7)
  2. Casey's Corner
  3. Shopping
  4. Parade on main Street
  5. Fireworks
  6. Attempted the Hocus Pocus show at 1045 but was cancelled
  7. Elvis Stitch (45min)
  8. Trick or Treating / Monsters Scare Floor (gave out a ton of candy at this late hour)
  9. Left at 1140ish , could've rewatched parade on main street.

We were not in any hurry and did not arrive until 7pm. This was for my birthday. We definitely could've done more had we arrived earlier or planned better. When we take our 3 year old (hopefully in October when it's less hot) we will have a better plan :mickeybar For me I just wanted to take in the atmosphere/party and relax.
What time did Max come out?

Our plan for the parades is to be on Main Street for the first Powerline Max performance, then haul our bum cakes to the rides that will empty out during the parade. For the later parade, we'll find our spot in Frontierland and watch it there. Has anyone done this? How does the timing work out?

Last edited:
Our plan for the parades is to be on Main Street for the first Powerline Max performance, the haul our bum cakes to the rides that will empty out during the parade. For the later parade, we'll find our spot in Frontierland and watch it there. Has anyone done this? How does the timing work out?
I don't know the timing, but I like the sound of your plan!

We showed ds the parade tonight on YouTube and he seemed very meh about it but I think he’ll like it in person. We just have to see if he’ll stay up that late 😆
One tip we have learned is to try and do some faster, more exciting (or at least wind in your face like Dumbo) rides later in the evening to help keep DD awake when she was younger. One time we made the mistake of doing Small World later in the evening but right at the beginning of extended evening hours and she was done after that—it’s like she went in a Small World induced sleep 😆

One tip we have learned is to try and do some faster, more exciting (or at least wind in your face like Dumbo) rides later in the evening to help keep DD awake when she was younger. One time we made the mistake of doing Small World later in the evening but right at the beginning of extended evening hours and she was done after that—it’s like she went in a Small World induced sleep 😆
Haha that’s a good idea. He just recently rode barnstormer for the first time. Might be a good one to keep him awake 😆

I guess we’re gonna have to buy our tickets today. The September dates keep selling out. Oddly enough none of the Sunday ones have though. Makes me tempted to try a Sunday party instead of a Tuesday.

I guess we’re gonna have to buy our tickets today. The September dates keep selling out. Oddly enough none of the Sunday ones have though. Makes me tempted to try a Sunday party instead of a Tuesday.

No Sunday has sold out because there are no Sunday parties until September 11 and only a few parties past that date have sold out at all (not counting 10/30 and 10/31). I'd fully expect them to sell out like the other dates eventually. (Actually 10/30 is a Sunday party and has sold out, but that's obviously a different situation.)

No Sunday has sold out because there are no Sunday parties until September 11 and only a few parties past that date have sold out at all (not counting 10/30 and 10/31). I'd fully expect them to sell out like the other dates eventually. (Actually 10/30 is a Sunday party and has sold out, but that's obviously a different situation.)
9/13, 9/16, and 9/20 are all sold out. I’m expecting them all to sell out as well just thought it was interesting that the Tuesdays are selling before the sundays

For folks who attended the 8/16 party (with no rain) AND who previously went to a pre-COVID Party (not Boo Bash)... did this "sell out" feel more crowded than a pre-COVID Party? Just curious - we've never done a Party and heard how crazy crowded the Parties had gotten pre-COVID. I don't mind some crowds and waits, but I was really hoping for fireworks not to be shoulder to shoulder packed, have to save a spot for an hour, etc. Some comments I've seen give me hope...
My Sister went and said it felt like a normal park day in terms of crowds, but there were queues for everything, including just getting water and the trick or treates. Character lines were the busiest: Jack and Sally were a 3 hour wait at 4.30 PM. the Hundred Acre Wood gang felt like 45-1 hour, Minnie, Daisy and Donald was the same. Goofy was a bit shorter but still about half an hour. They did say their shortest wait was for Mickey at 5 minutes, but that was towards the end of the party

I got my ticket for Friday which is now Sold-Out! Got it two days ago! I reckon Sunday is going to sell out soon enough, tho.

For folks who attended the 8/16 party (with no rain) AND who previously went to a pre-COVID Party (not Boo Bash)... did this "sell out" feel more crowded than a pre-COVID Party? Just curious - we've never done a Party and heard how crazy crowded the Parties had gotten pre-COVID. I don't mind some crowds and waits, but I was really hoping for fireworks not to be shoulder to shoulder packed, have to save a spot for an hour, etc. Some comments I've seen give me hope...
No, it didn’t feel more crowded to me than my last party which was Oct 10, 2019. Seemed much easier to find a last minute fireworks spot on 8/16. Character lines seemed similar, some fewer characters this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter