"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question.. It looks like they are doing a Photopass photo similar the ones they did at Epcot during Festival of the Arts with the light baton and the long exposure lens. Does anyone know where they are doing those? I really want to get that one.

Just watched the video of MNSSHP fireworks and they looked amazing. One question that came up. When Jack Skellington was on stage. It looked too far forward to be projected. Was it a puppet or was it projection mapped and the angle made it look different?

This is like a front row video from 2019 but you can see that he's like a giant puppet

Video I saw, they asked a CM, said they were not on the lawn this year but roaming in the HM queue. They said Disney wanted to try something new.
I was bopping between streams, so I don't remember which one it was, but someone definitely was stopped in the HM queue, just after the LL merge point, watching the ghosts chat with people who were waiting for the ride.

Video I saw, they asked a CM, said they were not on the lawn this year but roaming in the HM queue. They said Disney wanted to try something new.
We saw them as you entered the 1st room of Haunted Mansion...on the left side.

About how long were the character wait times on Friday? I know Jack & Sally are longest, but what about some of the others? How early did y’all get in character lines?

First post indicates that the Max Goof little dance party starts at parade time on Main St, presumably to fill time as the parade makes its way from Frontierland. Is that accurate? In 2019, we watched from Frontierland for the easier seating and being able to keep doing things on that side of the park while the parade made its way down Main St. Of course, Hubby wants to see Max, so I guess we're watching from Main St this year.

If the parties keep selling out like they are, will it matter if we go on a Friday vs a Tuesday?

I just watched a You Tube video of a MNSSHP walk through (the first hour) and it did not seem festive at all. I saw Frontierland and Adventure land and other than the trick or treating and Cadaver Dans (who I LOVE!) I couldn't find anything that looked like Halloween there. Of course, it was like 7:15pm so it hadn't gotten dark yet.

Are there any locations giving out the applesauce pouches? My 2 year old would love that
I didn't see any applesauce pouches. I went to all the trick or treat spots and they were all in big barrels filled with a mixture of candy. I did see in a couple of spots where cast members had allergy free bags but I don't know what was in those.
I saw them handing out the full-size candy, but the picture in the link the bags were just in barrels with the quote indicating you just grabbed it yourself.
The first spot we went to gave out the bags with a full size M&M candy. Then all the trick or treat areas had barrels in which cast members reached in and grabbed handfuls to give out to each person in line as they went by. The lines moved fast.

Attachments

• 4AFB98B9-424B-48B3-9A64-3F2D071535D1.jpeg
    4AFB98B9-424B-48B3-9A64-3F2D071535D1.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 6EEAE491-DB49-4BC5-8C75-9FC80AA02937.jpeg
    6EEAE491-DB49-4BC5-8C75-9FC80AA02937.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 45
I just watched a You Tube video of a MNSSHP walk through (the first hour) and it did not seem festive at all. I saw Frontierland and Adventure land and other than the trick or treating and Cadaver Dans (who I LOVE!) I couldn't find anything that looked like Halloween there. Of course, it was like 7:15pm so it hadn't gotten dark yet.

They only decorate for Halloween at the entrance and along Main Street.

The Halloween vibe (IMO) comes from the guests who are dressed up. It’s always fun to see some of the costumes. The dance party locations seemed energetic. :)

I didn't see any applesauce pouches. I went to all the trick or treat spots and they were all in big barrels filled with a mixture of candy. I did see in a couple of spots where cast members had allergy free bags but I don't know what was in those.

The first spot we went to gave out the bags with a full size M&M candy. Then all the trick or treat areas had barrels in which cast members reached in and grabbed handfuls to give out to each person in line as they went by. The lines moved fast.
Curious how fast for the candy lines? Like less than 10 minutes?

People are sharing their party experiences here. Hopefully lists in this thread answer you questions about experiences from party 1.

It was a lot less than ten minutes. I would say only a few minutes in each. It was a constant moving line. There was a barrel on each side of you and a couple of castmembers scooping out to drop the handfuls in bags.
Thanks for your real time reports on Friday! :)
Overall (despite the rain) did you have a good time?

Thanks for your real time reports on Friday! :)
Overall (despite the rain) did you have a good time?
You're welcome. I had a great time! I have never done the party before so I have nothing to compare it to. There was a lot I missed due to the rain. But I enjoyed the whole atmosphere. Entering on Main Street and looking at the decorations was magical. Before the party started, we found a spot and just enjoyed admiring everyone's outfits around us. The trick or treating, parade and fireworks shows were great. I am not usually a stop and watch the parades person but I loved this one. I can't get the music out of my head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter