"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, the not-sold-out party I went to in August of 2019 was an absolute mass of humanity. My kid needed a bathroom break 5 minutes before fireworks and the crowds were totally solid while we tried to rush out and back. That was a "lighter" 2019 party, probably about a 2022 sell out party, and still plenty of people to make lines long!

Especially with some of the characters who would have people eating lines not there this year.

Also wanted to chime in that we used das all night no issues. However, be sure to request a ride before 6pm to do during the 6-7pm time, you can’t request on app since they don’t display wait times as the park turns over.
I wasn’t allowed to use it in MK during extended evening hours for deluxe guests but they allowed it at Epcot. This was in late June. How did you make your reservation time? On the app or at the actual ride? Thank you

I wasn’t allowed to use it in MK during extended evening hours for deluxe guests but they allowed it at Epcot. This was in late June. How did you make your reservation time? On the app or at the actual ride? Thank you
During extended evening hours, Space and Mine Train operated their das lines for both Wednesdays my trip covered. I feel like Peter Pan might also too based upon that, but can’t confirm.

You just can’t make DAS reservations on the app between 6 and 7 since no wait times are posted. You can still easily use a return time you had or a cast member can make you one. For us, we happened to request a space mountain at like 5:55, we rode it, then walked onto buzz and the peoplemover and then we made a new time. Lines as a whole were pretty low yesterday.

There are still Meet & Greets at the parties. There are just not as many as previous years parties, and some of the big ones were missing. 7Dwarves e.g.
I think I saw somewhere that they were actually having a problem with shortages of some of the characters and were trying to fill position.

Yeah, the rain skews things, but I've wondered if the party capacity is lower than in the past with so many selling out so quickly.

I *know* lower capacity is relative, but I wonder if they just allotted fewer tickets for the parties
Capacity definitely seemed lower. I figured they allotted fewer tickets as well with all the quick and early sell-outs.

Disney can change the party capacity at any time and start selling more tix...they have certainly done this before.
I guess we’ll see if they open up more ticket availability for the August parties.

I have a feeling they won’t, but instead, they’ll just up the capacity levels at the non-sold out parties now. So in the long run, a sold-out party in August may be less crowded then a non-sold out party moving forward.

Thanks everyone for the info from party 1. I think it’s great that they allowed DAS. Hopefully, that will continue through the rest of the parties.

Sounds like the rain was a bummer. But it is Florida and that time of year where there are daily storms. It’s always a chance you take. I’ve been to several past parties where it rained start to finish, but usually not for the whole party.

I have a feeling they won’t, but instead, they’ll just up the capacity levels at the non-sold out parties now. So in the long run, a sold-out party in August may be less crowded then a non-sold out party moving forward.

For all we know, they've done that already. With international folks returning, they should have more staff to go around as we get into the fall.

Just watched the video of MNSSHP fireworks and they looked amazing. One question that came up. When Jack Skellington was on stage. It looked too far forward to be projected. Was it a puppet or was it projection mapped and the angle made it look different?

Just watched the video of MNSSHP fireworks and they looked amazing. One question that came up. When Jack Skellington was on stage. It looked too far forward to be projected. Was it a puppet or was it projection mapped and the angle made it look different?
I think it’s a puppet- I saw an old video where you could see wires holding his arms, but someone else can confirm.

Speaking of which, has anyone found a good video of yesterday’s show? I know it got cut short for rain but I’d still like to get an idea…

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter