Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Chiming in on this question, and sorry if I didn't read closely enough but there seem like there are a ton of nuances. We also have an RIP tour:

1) What time would you suggest getting to the gate if you are a resort guest and you want to do a leisurely eat/drink at the HHN food booths before the RIP tour (which is at 8:00)?

2) Can you go to the VIP RIP entrance and check in for both HHN and RIP at the same window at the time answer from 1) even if your VIP isn't until 8:00?

3) Will you be allowed to go to the food booths when you enter at time 1) or will you be required to go into a holding pen for awhile?

We do have daytime park tickets for more days than we'll be there due to the current special offer so could also Stay and Scream, I just don't know how my crowd will do with being in a holding pen for 45 minutes at 5pm (that's the deal, right)?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!!
The gates have been opening around 6, so getting there around 6:20 would give some time for the initial rush to clear (lines to get in at opening can stretch back to the bridge). So if you want to miss that come later or do stay and scream.

As for the holding pens, they aren’t bad. They limit you to an area, but you’re not crammed in like cattle. In some, people start lining up right away to be the first into the houses, but others just find a bench or get a reservation in an open restaurant and chill. I do not believe the HHN food booths are open during S&S (someone correct me if I’m wrong), but some regular restaurants like Finnegan’s are.

I believe you can check into RIP early so you can use your express before the tour.

I apologize if this has been asked, I have searched the forum and can't find anything. But have the all the Scream Early passes for the year been sold out? A group of 4 of us are going on 10/12 and thought I should ask around. Thanks
The scream early passes are not limited, so no worries they will sell out.

The gates have been opening around 6, so getting there around 6:20 would give some time for the initial rush to clear (lines to get in at opening can stretch back to the bridge). So if you want to miss that come later or do stay and scream.

As for the holding pens, they aren’t bad. They limit you to an area, but you’re not crammed in like cattle. In some, people start lining up right away to be the first into the houses, but others just find a bench or get a reservation in an open restaurant and chill. I do not believe the HHN food booths are open during S&S (someone correct me if I’m wrong), but some regular restaurants like Finnegan’s are.

I believe you can check into RIP early so you can use your express before the tour.

Great! Thanks for the help.

How are you at scary period? My first year I did not do houses but I loved the scare zones. They are very well done and very entertaining. Universal puts a lot of detail and effort in to their event. They are the prime movie studio of horror for a reason. They put as much, or nearly as much, detail in to HHN as they do their movies. The actors are really in to their roles and make up effects. I enjoyed experiencing this in the scare zones. They are not like the houses because you are in control of the scares, if that makes sense. You can very easily escape if it's too much and even avoid them. The environment is very festive but not at all like Mickey.

The show is rather adult oriented too. It's sort of like cirque de soile with an edge. Loud music normally. Probably can find old videos if you look up past HHN
If you do go you need to at least go into one haunted house. They are fabulous and so themed, not like the ones in most cities where it is just dark and people jump out. I would not attend the event if you are not even willing to give a haunted house a try.

The Simpsons' Springfield food court is open during the holding period. And I remember seeing stands across the street from there open also, but I can't remember if they were HHN stands or regular park ones.

Ah! Help! Headed to our public rip tour soon and I read the check in email more carefully and saw the part about tips for the tour guide being appreciated. I know this can be a hot button topic, but can anyone offer any guidance on what might be an appropriate amount? Thanks so much.

Tour guides are a tipped position.
Assume low end would be 10% of what you paid for the tour
People I have done the tour with usually do 20% with a tip but have increased it if they felt the guide was outstanding

I always start with 25% for my tip

Eeyore, tipping is really a personal thing. But I generally give at least 20 percent of the cost of what I paid for tour. But up to you the value of what the tour guide means to you. Have a fabulous time on the tour tonight.

Eeyore, tipping is really a personal thing. But I generally give at least 20 percent of the cost of what I paid for tour. But up to you the value of what the tour guide means to you. Have a fabulous time on the tour tonight.
Thanks so much! That makes sense. We’re so excited!

Tour guides are a tipped position.
Assume low end would be 10% of what you paid for the tour
People I have done the tour with usually do 20% with a tip but have increased it if they felt the guide was outstanding

I always start with 25% for my tip
So helpful - thank you!

We’re here and excited for our public rip tour tomorrow - first timers at HHN! We really wanted to try and see some death eaters tonight but it’s pouring. Fingers crossed for better weather tomorrow night… do the scare zones still happen in the rain?
Most of the scare actors won’t be out in the rain unless very light drizzle/mist and even then may be limited. As rain clears and puddles swept they’ll come back out. The zones really aren’t the same without the scareactors

We made it through with no rain! What an amazing night. We did ten houses, five scare zones, and the show in just under four hours with our group/guide, including two stops in lounges for drinks and a rest. The houses were terrific - I don’t have anything to compare them to as it was our first time, but the level of detail was so impressive and the scare actors were great. I took my almost-13-year-old horror buff and he was in heaven. The show is quite adult themed, so he was blushing from sitting next to his mom lol, but it was a really impressive show. Thanks to all for answering my questions - we’ll definitely be back next year.

Omg, not sure when the first HHN admission ticket price increased, but they went up again!

Ticket Price for October 30, 2022 - All Ages $79.99 $85.99 $90.99 per ticket, plus tax at Universal Orlando

Yeah, Just checked our Oct 9 date, and price is now 11.00 more!
Ok, so trying to plan our attack. No express, holiday weekend, expecting crazy crowds.
tracked wait times this past weekend, and wow, they were insane! Weekend got up to 120 mins, Halloween 80 (and higher), Bugs 110 , etc. etc.
so anyone who has been, where do you suggest waiting for S/S. I originally thought Halloween area to knock out it out (it's is my no1 priority, I'll wait for it no matter how long), Chupacabra, Dead man's Pier, but now wondering if better to start in the back, w the Weekend, Bugs, ??? any tips appreciated! can't waiT!

I was there Sunday night and it was ridiculously crowded compared to the previous two times this year that I went (a Friday and Thursday). I thought there was supposed to be less people on Sunday, and it's only September but the lines were super long. Halloween was already at 90 min at 6::00 pm and the Weekend at 60 min. Even the Mummy ride was 25 minutes at 7:00 pm. By 10 pm every maze was 60 minutes or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!