Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

"prior" means before, they usually end right at the start of the event, which is probably why the ones for certain dates don't start until 9:30 because it gets dark later. It won't overlap, it'll end right before/when the event starts.

By overlap I meant that Boo Bash party goers can enter at 7pm so their time will overlap with the fireworks time. I should have clarified.

So… if we’re are already in the park on a regular admission, do we have to exit the park at some point before the party starts and enter again to have our Boo Bash tickets activated?

So… if we’re are already in the park on a regular admission, do we have to exit the park at some point before the party starts and enter again to have our Boo Bash tickets activated?

In the past for parties and AH, they have CMs scanning bands at the front/inside the gates so you don’t have to exit and re-enter. They give you your event wrist band and you’re good.

Awesome! Thank you!

You didn’t even have to go to the front of MK to get a wristband for hard ticket events if you were already in the park. Typically they had CMs stationed at various places and you could just go there to have them scan your band and give you a wrist band. I know for sure they had them out by Tortuga Tavern and near Monsters Inc Laugh Floor because I got my VAH wristband at the former and MVMCP one at the latter. I would assume it will work similarly for Boo Bash.

People who called for tickets in the last few days, how long till you got the confirmation email?
The CM gave me the confirmation number, instructed me to link it in MDE, and told me the hard ticket would be mailed. I received the hard ticket today. He verified my email address, but never said I would receive an email and I never did.

You didn’t even have to go to the front of MK to get a wristband for hard ticket events if you were already in the park. Typically they had CMs stationed at various places and you could just go there to have them scan your band and give you a wrist band. I know for sure they had them out by Tortuga Tavern and near Monsters Inc Laugh Floor because I got my VAH wristband at the former and MVMCP one at the latter. I would assume it will work similarly for Boo Bash.
Same here - I got my event bands while inside the park. Somewhere in Fantasyland, kind of near the Carousel. I can't remember exactly where I was, but a Cast Member was stationed there scanning and handing out event wristbands.

Do you need to make a park reservation if you're just attending the Boo Bash? My Boo Bash tickets did not show up in my itinerary on MDX but I do have the ability to make a park reservation. My email confirmation says I ordered the correct tickets - not just regular park tickets. Trying to avoid having to call, but I will if it's necessary.
No, you didn’t have to have a park reservation just for the bash.

Are tickets refundable if cancel more than 24 hours out? Our can the cost of the tickets be used elsewhere? I got my money back for an AK after hours just before the COVID closure so not sure if that was typical

Are tickets refundable if cancel more than 24 hours out? Our can the cost of the tickets be used elsewhere? I got my money back for an AK after hours just before the COVID closure so not sure if that was typical
When I purchased my tickets, the CM told me that the tickets were non-refundable, but that if I needed to cancel, the $$ could be applied elsewhere (such as to room reservation).

"prior" means before, they usually end right at the start of the event, which is probably why the ones for certain dates don't start until 9:30 because it gets dark later. It won't overlap, it'll end right before/when the event starts.

Yep, my guess is that the fireworks will go off around at or just after "closing" (9-9:10pm) in August. Then the day guests will be shooed from the park as the Bashers get to stay.

Last edited:
We bought our tickets yesterday for the 19th. Any guesses as to how limited they are? The first three Tuesday's in October are already sold out, a little surprised. We picked Tuesday because it fit best with our plans between Universal HHN and other Disney parks as well as hoping it would be less popular than weekend nights. Hoping the early sellout is an indication that the event is truly limited. Past few years of MNSSHP have been way overcrowded for full enjoyment.

We bought our tickets yesterday for the 19th. Any guesses as to how limited they are? The first three Tuesday's in October are already sold out, a little surprised. We picked Tuesday because it fit best with our plans between Universal HHN and other Disney parks as well as hoping it would be less popular than weekend nights. Hoping the early sellout is an indication that the event is truly limited. Past few years of MNSSHP have been way overcrowded for full enjoyment.
I don't think anyone knows the answer for sure. We can only speculate based on what we are seeing, hearing and experienced in the past. Any after hours events we have done, the crowd sizes were so small, it was wonderful... it is why I don't mind paying a little extra for these tickets. Any party we have gone to, it's been too crowded, and while the tickets were cheaper than the after hours ones, we got way less done (more time waiting in lines, waiting for parade etc.) that the value wasn't there.
I am thinking it's going to be limited crowds and very enjoyable. I'm very excited for the BOO Bash.

I don't think anyone knows the answer for sure. We can only speculate based on what we are seeing, hearing and experienced in the past. Any after hours events we have done, the crowd sizes were so small, it was wonderful... it is why I don't mind paying a little extra for these tickets. Any party we have gone to, it's been too crowded, and while the tickets were cheaper than the after hours ones, we got way less done (more time waiting in lines, waiting for parade etc.) that the value wasn't there.
I am thinking it's going to be limited crowds and very enjoyable. I'm very excited for the BOO Bash.

Thanks for thoughts and the optimism!

No one really knows but I am taking it as a good sign that it will be very limited. My worry however is the overlap-especially after people have stayed to watch HEA.

No one really knows but I am taking it as a good sign that it will be very limited. My worry however is the overlap-especially after people have stayed to watch HEA.

If it’s on par with any of the other After Hours events, it’s gonna be very limited. My mom and I basically had MK to ourselves when we did it and when my Dad and I did AK, we were able to walk on everything.

That happened at the After Hours we did at MK a few years ago. It was busy with crowds moving in different ways at the end of the fireworks, but it cleared out pretty quick. We situated ourselves in a good spot to watch the fireworks, so that we could quickly get off main street into tomorrow land, avoiding going upstream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter