Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I need some information on sizing for the shirts that come with our registration for the races. Do they run similar to other Disney tee shirts? I ask because I can buy tees at the store (Old Navy, Kohls, etc.) and always wear a ladies small, but when I buy tees at the Disney Store for our trips I have to size up to a medium or large because those tees seem to run a bit smaller. I want to make sure I get the right size for the race tees! Can you order what you *think* you'll need, then try them on there and swap out for a different size if necessary, or are you stuck with the size you pre-order? Thanks!!

I'm a 6/8 and a M ladies shirt fit perfectly. For me it ran pretty true to size. You can exchange race shirts at the expo if needed based on availability.

I'm typically a size 4 and usually get a M rD race shirt. The problem is that there isn't necessarily consistency in the sizing of the race shirts. I've done 8 runDisney races (if I'm counting correctly), and almost all of my race shirts are M. The exception would be the shirts for the 2018 Wine and Dine. I started out with Ms for all three shirts (10k, half, challenge), and ended up trading at least one of them in for a S. But I always order M to start with.

Reactions: maw
Got a Star Wars race email today from runDisney with reminders to update proof of time by Jan. 15. It was a good reminder because I needed to update mine!

It also reminded me to book my flight. I was surprised to find a lot of "sold out" times on my usual Delta routes (from Detroit). I still got a good price and times that work for me, but I'm glad I did it today. I'm flying in on Saturday and need to arrive early enough to get to the expo before it closes, and some of the mid-morning Delta nonstops were already sold out (except for insane $2k 1st class tickets)!
Same here - I couldn't believe how many DTW to MCO flights were sold out. Yikes.

Yeah. I didn't even download the certificate last year. I just set a goal in Garmin connect to track the virtual half progress.

I don't particularly like the virtual runs, but love the Kessel Run medal. :) And I'm really hoping for an R2-D2 virtual medal this year.

The medal on the certificate for the virtual was an R2-D2 medal...maybe some foreshadowing here?

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.04.04 AM.png

The medal on the certificate for the virtual was an R2-D2 medal...maybe some foreshadowing here?

View attachment 373598
That looks like more than foreshadowing. I was ready to upgrade to the Kessel Run Challenge just based on this image but another thread on here reminded me there was a $40 fee to upgrade. I just refuse to pay that fee.

last year at the Princess expo, Rundisney was doing digital signups for Star Wars and had all races available. I signed up my daughter for the 10K then, even though it was shown as sold out on the website.

Thank you! I will see if they have anything at the Expos and be ready to go with the flow! Thank you for giving me hope!

Same here - I couldn't believe how many DTW to MCO flights were sold out. Yikes.

Race weekend is at the end of our spring break this year (we live in GA), as I am sure it is for a lot of others, so flights, hotels, restaurants, and the parks will be crowded! Looks like next year it is a bit later in April though.

It's interesting that the virtual run technically started yesterday, but the medal hasn't been released yet. But I'm new to all of this so maybe that's how things work. Did find this though through shopdisney
file_1aa5ba6e.jpeg
Is it sold out? I can't find it and I NEED THIS SO BAD

Race weekend is at the end of our spring break this year (we live in GA), as I am sure it is for a lot of others, so flights, hotels, restaurants, and the parks will be crowded! Looks like next year it is a bit later in April though.

Yeah, the main reason we can make it work as a partial-family trip (instead of a solo commando run) is that it's right at the end of my wife's spring break. (California community college)

The parks weren't bad for the (late April) 2017 race, as I recall, although I was only there for a couple days.

It's interesting that the virtual run technically started yesterday, but the medal hasn't been released yet. But I'm new to all of this so maybe that's how things work. Did find this though through shopdisney
file_1aa5ba6e.jpeg

Where did you find this? Maybe post a link? I tried searching and can't find it. Searching on shop Disney and shop the parks app never works well. Thanks!

Is it sold out? I can't find it and I NEED THIS SO BAD

Had to back door it with a google search, since I don’t have enough posts yet I can’t post the direct link. So I modified it, just take out the spaces add shopdisney before. Hope that works

/rundisney-star-wars-virtual-half-marathon-v-neck-t-shirt-for-adults-limited-release-1489781

Where did you find this? Maybe post a link? I tried searching and can't find it. Searching on shop Disney and shop the parks app never works well. Thanks!

Try a google search for Star Wars virtual half marathon, the. Select images and scroll down, I’m still new so it won’t let me post a link yet

OH I AM SO MAD ABOUT THAT SHIRT NOW.

So under product description it says it was only available for order from October 1 2018 until October 28 2018.

WHAT THE HELL DISNEY

Whaaaaa?? Bummer! There 5 of us doing the Kessel Run challenge that would probably have bought it. Maybe they bring it back closer to the race.

Interesting. Was wondering how they were going to do the whole rival thing with the medals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter