Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by PrincessV, May 3, 2018.

1. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

I'm typically a size 4 and usually get a M rD race shirt. The problem is that there isn't necessarily consistency in the sizing of the race shirts. I've done 8 runDisney races (if I'm counting correctly), and almost all of my race shirts are M. The exception would be the shirts for the 2018 Wine and Dine. I started out with Ms for all three shirts (10k, half, challenge), and ended up trading at least one of them in for a S. But I always order M to start with.

maw likes this.
  2. maw

maw Making it up as I go

Same here - I couldn't believe how many DTW to MCO flights were sold out. Yikes.

sunshine girl likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Dr Q

Dr Q runDisney Fanatic!

The medal on the certificate for the virtual was an R2-D2 medal...maybe some foreshadowing here?

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.04.04 AM.png

5. SheHulk

SheHulk mean, green runDisney fiend

That looks like more than foreshadowing. I was ready to upgrade to the Kessel Run Challenge just based on this image but another thread on here reminded me there was a $40 fee to upgrade. I just refuse to pay that fee.

6. Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins Oh my God, he just ran in

When I upgraded from the rival run to Kessel Run Challenge they didnt charge me a $40 fee. Probably because on sign up day there was a lot of confusion and the website was not too clear.

SheHulk, Dr Q and Disney at Heart like this.
  7. DizzyDis

DizzyDis Mouseketeer

Thank you! I will see if they have anything at the Expos and be ready to go with the flow! Thank you for giving me hope!

8. BigEeyore

BigEeyore DIS Veteran

Race weekend is at the end of our spring break this year (we live in GA), as I am sure it is for a lot of others, so flights, hotels, restaurants, and the parks will be crowded! Looks like next year it is a bit later in April though.

9. GrandAdmiralStrife

GrandAdmiralStrife DisDad #744

Is it sold out? I can't find it and I NEED THIS SO BAD

10. Kazrak

Kazrak Mouseketeer

Yeah, the main reason we can make it work as a partial-family trip (instead of a solo commando run) is that it's right at the end of my wife's spring break. (California community college)

The parks weren't bad for the (late April) 2017 race, as I recall, although I was only there for a couple days.

11. QueenFernando

QueenFernando Earning My Ears

Where did you find this? Maybe post a link? I tried searching and can't find it. Searching on shop Disney and shop the parks app never works well. Thanks!

12. Ponoche

Ponoche Earning My Ears

Had to back door it with a google search, since I don’t have enough posts yet I can’t post the direct link. So I modified it, just take out the spaces add shopdisney before. Hope that works

/rundisney-star-wars-virtual-half-marathon-v-neck-t-shirt-for-adults-limited-release-1489781

13. Ponoche

Ponoche Earning My Ears

Try a google search for Star Wars virtual half marathon, the. Select images and scroll down, I’m still new so it won’t let me post a link yet

14. GrandAdmiralStrife

GrandAdmiralStrife DisDad #744

OH I AM SO MAD ABOUT THAT SHIRT NOW.

So under product description it says it was only available for order from October 1 2018 until October 28 2018.

WHAT THE HELL DISNEY

Ponoche, SheHulk and aalvis like this.
  15. Ponoche

Ponoche Earning My Ears

Just saw that as well, that’s crazy

16. QueenFernando

QueenFernando Earning My Ears

Whaaaaa?? Bummer! There 5 of us doing the Kessel Run challenge that would probably have bought it. Maybe they bring it back closer to the race.

17. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

18. bphilb

bphilb Mouseketeer

SheHulk and rteetz like this.
  19. Nole95

Nole95 DIS Veteran

Interesting. Was wondering how they were going to do the whole rival thing with the medals.

SheHulk likes this.
  20. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

I like the 10k medal

SheHulk likes this.
  21. Ponoche

Ponoche Earning My Ears

Those look amazing. The challenge medal has me intrigued, is it a double spinner?

SheHulk likes this.