"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend and I just got back from our week at DW nearly 7 hours ago. We attended the party Tuesday night (10/29). It was fun, but it was humid and very crowded. As far as I know it didn’t sell out. I checked around 7:20 that night, and tickets were still available.

It did not feel like a special ticketed event. We spent a full day at MK the day after our party night, and the party felt twice as crowded as our regular day. It also seemed way more crowded than the MVMCP we went to the Thursday after Thanksgiving last year.

I have an AP but she only had a party ticket for that day, so she was going to arrive at 4:00 and meet me in line for Jack and Sally. I arrived at MK around 11:30 after spending the early part of the morning at DHS, watched the FOF Parade from the left side of a lamp post in front of Town Square Theater, and then got in line for Jack and Sally. There were like 5 groups in front of me, and we met them at 4:37. Here’s a rundown of what we accomplished that night:

Met Jack and Sally
Shop for party merch at Emporium
Watched the Move It! Shake It! floats leaving the hub area
Michelle met Merida while I met Gaston
Met Pooh and friends
Met Lotso
Snacks at a yellow table outside Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
PhotoPass photo in front of castle on Main Street
Headless Horseman magic shot outside main entrance
Hitchhiking Ghosts and Hatbox Ghost magic shots
Took pics around Haunted Mansion
Met Mickey
Watched the parade and fireworks from the hub near Tomorrowland bridge
Met Stitch
Watched 11:15 parade in Frontierland across from Frontier Trading Post
Haunted Mansion lantern and stagecoach PhotoPass photos
12:00 Hocus Pocus show near partners statue

Always sad that our mostly happy and cordial thread begins with a bang and slowly fades away as party season comes to a close. Alas, another party season is in the books.

Fortunately for us the last party dates coincided with W&D Half weekend, so I got in some bonus MNSSHP time with visits to the 10/31 and 11/1 party. I mentioned above that I found 10/31 pretty crowded - it was my first party on Halloween, but I probably wouldn't do that again if I ever have the opportunity.

Friday 11/1 was sold out but it felt identical (if not a little better) to the sold out Friday 10/11 party we also attended (which we enjoyed). The weather was incredible, ride lines were low for the most part (not including the overlays, 7DMT, and PP), TOT lines were prompt. I didn't witness any CMs being stingy with candy - we had full bags after only a few stops. They were giving out double starter packs at the beginning. Can't speak for characters and such.

We were at the Disney Jr. dance party during fireworks. The characters came out and sat on a rock wall/ledge just outside the tent to watch with the kids (not many there at the time). The fireworks are pretty much right over you / around you back there. This was totally unexpected and made for some incredible pictures.

I needed to bail early but DW and DD5 stayed until 12:30am (pretty telling for someone who thinks all this Disney stuff is a bit crazy and didn't want to go to the party in the first place 8-) ).

It was a fun evening.

Also, a quick shout out to @monique5 and the countless other contributors to the 2019 MNSSHP thread. You provide a valuable resource for countless WDW/MNSSHP visitors each year.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Until next year, Boo to You everyone.

Ditto for all the fabulous contributors.
Primarily due to these posts (& a sprinkle of fairy dust), we had the most amazing time at our 9/24 MNSSHP. You guys rock!

Last edited:

I know I am a few days late but just got home last night. I went to the last party November 1st. It was my first party ever.

Crowds: It was certainly crowded but nothing too extreme. I have definitely seen the park more crowded. We entered around 5:45ish

Candy: I filled my bag completely. We did the monsters inc. stop like 5 times. I wasn't here for the candy but it was definitely nice. I didn't get a chance to try any party treats.

Rides: We did Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Peoplemover, and Space Mountain.

Parade and Fireworks: We didn't have the best viewing for either but I still got to see both. For the parade we watched from Liberty Square. We were a couple rows of people back but still could see pretty much everything. I loved the parade. Fireworks we watched from the tomorrowland side of the castle so we didn't really get to see Jack. We did however get to see most of the projections which was good.

Only thing I missed out on was the Hocus Pocus show. I didn't get a chance to see it. I picked up a pin as well.

Overall it was a great night and I definitely would do it again. Its amazing though how much they pack this party at the price it costs.

I wen to 10 of the Parties this year; 3 with my son and 7 by myself. I’d get to the Park between 3 and 3:30 (with blue DVC card) and ride rides until 6:30, then wander the park until 9, doing some character greetings. No AP this year (I went to 2 Parties last year and spent half of each Party getting photos and magic shots), but the pictures on my phone turned out good. At 9, I fulfilled my promise to my son; fill up my backpack and large canvas bag with candy. Usually, I had this done by 10, in plenty of time to watch fireworks from Tomorrowland bridge. I only got candy from the Laff Floor in Tomorrowland and got to know several CM’s there very well. They also treated my quest as a game, loading my canvas bag with candy when no one was behind me (which was frequent between 9-10:15, with families finding a spot for the parade, then fireworks). They also loaded up my bags with green/sour skittles, which is my son’s favorite candy that Disney gives out at MNSSHP. Obviously, hauling that much candy back to my room each night, I headed out of the Park after firework. My son and I flew down with 4 large, empty suitcases. They weren’t empty on the way home. For my last 2 weeks (October 13-28th), I drove down, so there was No lim on the amount of candy that I took home. My son’s school was happy to get all the non green skittles, star bursts and life savers gummies to give out to the students on Halloween. That leaves a considerable amount of chocolate candy and green skittles still here. I wonder if Disney will offer the MNSSHP next year. If they do, I’ll sign up again.

I mean there are only 302 days until Halloween which means less than 225 until the first party so.....👻
Lol love the way you think!

Due to work commitments, had to change our annual 4th of July trip with GD next year - boo

We went with the week of August 9th hoping that the first party would be on Friday the 15th.

Does that Friday sound about right for you for the 1st one?

Did it two years ago, was so crazy busy & a sell out. Want to make sure to grab the tix ASAP when released

Lol love the way you think!

Due to work commitments, had to change our annual 4th of July trip with GD next year - boo

We went with the week of August 9th hoping that the first party would be on Friday the 15th.

Does that Friday sound about right for you for the 1st one?

Did it two years ago, was so crazy busy & a sell out. Want to make sure to grab the tix ASAP when released
It was 8/16 last year, and 8/17 the year before that (IIRC) both years that was the 3rd Friday in August. This year the 3rd Friday is 8/21, but with sell out crowds in the past I don't know that they'll wait that long. I think you've got a good shot at a party!

Fingers crossed for a 8/21 party! We are planning to be in WDW from 8/15-8/24, so I’m really hoping we’ll be there at least one party!

It was 8/16 last year, and 8/17 the year before that (IIRC) both years that was the 3rd Friday in August. This year the 3rd Friday is 8/21, but with sell out crowds in the past I don't know that they'll wait that long. I think you've got a good shot at a party!
Thanks, yes, i looked it up, was leaked on 1/15 last year. I’ll actually be in the world this year for a few days. Will have to keep refreshing the DIS or hope one of the newsletters blasts it out.

Agree, can’t see them shortening the season with the popularity of the early dates.

Additionally, I’m seeing both hotel & DVC availability down the week 2nd week of August. Not sure if others have the same idea and securing their rooms or it’s one of the scheduled school breaks for many
Fingers crossed for a 8/21 party! We are planning to be in WDW from 8/15-8/24, so I’m really hoping we’ll be there at least one party!
I’d think you will have at least one date to choose!

I think we're going to finally do a Halloween on the High Seas combined with MNSSHP. Would you go with a party before the cruise or one on the day you get back to port? Both days are a Sunday. I'm wondering if the adventure of getting off the boat, getting our luggage, and getting to WDW would be too long/exhausting for a 4pm party start. Has anyone done that?

I've not done that, but I think I'd rather do a party and then a cruise. The party, though so much fun, is pretty exhausting and late. I think I'd have much more fun if the party was on a day reserved just for the party. This past year I did EMH at animal kingdom at 7am, took a short break in the afternoon and then headed straight to the party and stayed until it was done. That was a lot lol. So to me, the idea of partying and then getting to relax on a cruise sounds much more desirable!

Both days are a Sunday. I'm wondering if the adventure of getting off the boat, getting our luggage, and getting to WDW would be too long/exhausting for a 4pm party start. Has anyone done that?
You are up rather early the am of cruise disembarkation. There is a chance your resort room won’t be ready until 4 pm, if not later. Seems like a lot of extra stress to do it that way IMO.

I try to schedule WDW/cruise trips with the WDW portion first. Breaking that rule in March/April :). Either way you will have fun but it’s nice to be able to keep that cruise relaxation mode going as you head back home.

It appears that the 2020 Halloween parties may be starting earlier than last year - August 13.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/2020...tart-date-will-be-earlier-than-ever-this-year

2020 early MK closure dates are
extension, a Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party), are as follows:
I had to look lol

August 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30, 2019 dates...
Started the 3rd weekend of month

E3FD1568-CCBD-431C-86F4-5FEA7749EF55.jpeg
2020 appears August 13th is a Thursday, ugh had expected it to start on Friday again Maybe they are trying to get lower crowds on a Thursday & set the 2nd one for Sunday vs a Tuesday hmmm
0F393442-9D5B-4A57-BA80-2CD009F9390E.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!