"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Dis friends, how early do I need to buy tickets for Halloween night since it looks like we're going that day. We're cruising in June so I'm wondering how long I can put it off till after the cruise or if I should pull the trigger sooner rather than later?

Ok Dis friends, how early do I need to buy tickets for Halloween night since it looks like we're going that day. We're cruising in June so I'm wondering how long I can put it off till after the cruise or if I should pull the trigger sooner rather than later?
I was purchase them now especially since it sounds like you are limited to a specific day. You don't want them sell out. Risk may be low but its so difficult to know given the growing popularity of the event.

Bringing our ten month old for the first time at the end of August 20-24. Wondering if would be worth me and DH to take the baby to this. I know we will mainly be doing MK more than the other parks but besides the character meets (long lines), special snacks (which he probably can't have) wondering if this is worth us spending the money for our tickets. We are DVC members so we are doing moonlight magic at AK while we are there. I realize there will be more things for baby to do in MK, but will the long lines and heat at the beginning of the party season be worth the $$$ for the attractions and parade alone?
We skipped the Christmas party last year with our 7 month old. We will be there over Halloween this year and my daughter will be 17 months old. We are planning to take her. I honestly think she would have loved the Christmas party at 7 months, but we didn’t want to risk that much money for her to just be over it that day.

The first post lists those parties that have sold out, and when, dating back to 2015. The earliest Halloween night has sold out in those years was August 2nd. However, with Disney obviously pushing guests to travel earlier before SW Land opens, its possible it could sell out earlier year. But I’d think you’d still be ok in June. That being said, the only way to guarantee a ticket is to buy it now. And if that’s the only date you can go, personally I’d be too nervous to wait.

This is *crazy* early for the tickets to go on sale! DH and I just started talking about adding on a Halloween party when we fly down to FL in October for our cruise. I was saying how we don't have to decide today or anything, because tickets don't go on sale until about April. I looked it up to be sure, and was floored that ticket sales opened last week! Completely insane. If we do the party on a Friday night we would then drive down to Miami the next day to catch our boat. Is that completely insane? All will be revealed price-wise when SWA opens their calendar through October. If MCO is cheaper to fly into than FLL then I hope to make this plan a reality! Why not amp up the fun for the kids? And I'm including myself in the 'kids' category!

Is there no Disney Visa cardholder discount? I know there is for the parties at DLR, but not for WDW? We are not DVC or AP.

We are also waiting for southwest to open up but plan to fly into Mco and out of fll for our Disney trip and cruise trip in August.

If all goes according to plan we’d go to the Halloween party and get up and drive to port Everglades the next morning so I see no issues with your logic. :).

So excited to be buying our tickets!
This will be DS first Halloween party!!!! Costume is already in the process of being made of course, he will be just over a year at this party in October! :tigger:

We are also waiting for southwest to open up but plan to fly into Mco and out of fll for our Disney trip and cruise trip in August.

If all goes according to plan we’d go to the Halloween party and get up and drive to port Everglades the next morning so I see no issues with your logic. :).
I am also waiting for SW to open dates into September

Ashley - You are ok in my book! I agree with my logic too! The party would be the only Disney component to this trip. I just need a fix! We are flying to FL that Friday regardless because we always fly the day before a cruise. What's 3-4 hours in a car the next day? Totally worth it if this all works out! :maleficen

Trying to decide between the Sept 2 and Sept 6 parties. Anyone have first hand experience on the Labor Day week parties? I would think Monday would be slower because of it being a school night, but I’ve also seen people rate the 6th as the better day to visit. Waiting on southwest flights will also be a factor ... if we have a later flight the next day it may be fun to end our trip with MNSSHP.

Is there no Disney Visa cardholder discount? I know there is for the parties at DLR, but not for WDW? We are not DVC or AP.

No Disney VISA discounts on party tickets in WDW, unfortunately, just AP and DVC.

This is why we downgraded to no annual fee Disney Visa. If you're interested in saving on Disney Gift Cards here's a link to that thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1845#post-60194794

Start on the LAST post and work your way up a few pages back! ;)

You know my MNSSHP tickets aren't showing up within my days on MDE. when I look at "My Tickets" in MDE I see them but I dont see any ticket numbers associated with them...however they do show up as being assigned to myself and DH. I cant find an email with numbers either. Shouldn't they show up in "My plans" under the date they were purchased for?

I know some ladies who have worn prom dresses, wedding dresses etc as princess costumes I want to do this, I know it can't touch the ground but other than that the guidelines are vague has anyone worn a gown before?

Thanks FoxC! But the $500 in free Disney GCs that we got last year from each getting the no fee Disney Visa is what will be paying for our party tickets! I only asked about the discount because I didn't see it on the site and thought that was weird in comparison to DLR. That is another reason I am hyped about this plan - everything can be paid for by my GCs because I never stop churning them!

Please forgive my silly question here - as I know nothing about MagicBands. If our only tickets are for MNSSHP (no park days at all) and we are renting DVC points from an owner, will we get MagicBands just for that one party night? Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks FoxC! But the $500 in free Disney GCs that we got last year from each getting the no fee Disney Visa is what will be paying for our party tickets! I only asked about the discount because I didn't see it on the site and thought that was weird in comparison to DLR. That is another reason I am hyped about this plan - everything can be paid for by my GCs because I never stop churning them!

Please forgive my silly question here - as I know nothing about MagicBands. If our only tickets are for MNSSHP (no park days at all) and we are renting DVC points from an owner, will we get MagicBands just for that one party night? Thanks!

You'll get magic bands for your DVC room, they are your room key.

Trying to decide between the Sept 2 and Sept 6 parties. Anyone have first hand experience on the Labor Day week parties? I would think Monday would be slower because of it being a school night, but I’ve also seen people rate the 6th as the better day to visit. Waiting on southwest flights will also be a factor ... if we have a later flight the next day it may be fun to end our trip with MNSSHP.

We went to the Labor Day party last year and are doing it again this year. Crowds were super low and we got to do everything we wanted to plus even more! It was perfect!

I know some ladies who have worn prom dresses, wedding dresses etc as princess costumes I want to do this, I know it can't touch the ground but other than that the guidelines are vague has anyone worn a gown before?
I wore a floor length ball gown (along with 4 ft fairy wings) and had no problems. That may have been before the official published guidelines. In any case, the concern are dresses that drag on the ground, and the biggest issue is going through extra security checks. I don't think anyone has ever reported being turned away at the gate. I know I saw several full length princess dresses in the park last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter