"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought our tickets for the first party. We’ve only been 1 other time in October 2015 so for that trip, I was able to see how the party went in previous nights and planned our party night accordingly. But seeing how we are going to the first party this year, we won’t have that luxury. Seems the parties stay pretty similar from year to year with minor tweaks, is that accurate? Are we safe using last year’s info to plan our night, you think?

Bought our tickets for the first party. We’ve only been 1 other time in October 2015 so for that trip, I was able to see how the party went in previous nights and planned our party night accordingly. But seeing how we are going to the first party this year, we won’t have that luxury. Seems the parties stay pretty similar from year to year with minor tweaks, is that accurate? Are we safe using last year’s info to plan our night, you think?

At this point you really have no other choice. Most likely you will already be in Orlando when this thread get's updated.
Typically during/after the first few parties do we have an understanding of Meet & Greet information. Unfortunately Disney does not release a complete listing of where all the characters are located or what time they come out.

It’s tricky because the map shows you spots where characters meet but does not tell you which character meets at each spot. If you ask cast members before the party starts, some will tell you which character will be at a particular spot, but others won’t.

We've recently seen character locations change at Magic Kingdom 1/18/19:

Articles & Photos By: Stephen Porter – Assistant Editor / wdwinfo :thumbsup2

Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet at the Town Square Theater
upload_2019-1-23_20-11-58.png

Some colorful ribbon hangs from the ceiling above Mickey and Minnie, and facade cutout balloons and ribbons are featured on both sides of everyone’s favorite mouse couple. Talking with a cast member, she said at this time there isn’t an end date for Mickey and Minnie meeting together in this location, but the decorations certainly seemed temporary.

Link:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...-and-greet-at-the-town-square-theater-photos/

Pluto Meet and Greet at Pete’s Silly Sideshow

upload_2019-1-23_20-13-10.png
Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus each of the iconic Disney characters are dressed in their circus sideshow attire. Pluto now performs as Wonder-Pup Pluto alongside fortune teller Daisy Fortuna, the Astounding Donaldo, and the Great Goofini.

Link:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/new-pluto-meet-and-greet-at-petes-silly-sideshow-photos/

A few character changes occurred during MNSSHP 2018:
Jack Skellington and Sally / Town Square Theater
Cruella DeVil / Roaming
Elvis Stitch / Stitch’s Great Escape

We will be there Oct.20-25 trying to decide which party to attend we have our choice of 3 nights Sun,Mon or Thurs. anyone have any suggestions on what night would be better crowd-wise? I think Sunday would be the more crowded of the three nights which would of been nice otherwise with it being our arrival day(early am) we are leaving on Friday the 25th so we could end the trip with a Thursday night party.
Our travel Party is 5 adults and 4 children(all boys) ages 7-10
2AD/2CH have attended MNSSHP in Oct 2015 the rest of us have never attended MNSSHP and also this will be the very first trip to Disney for 2AD/1CH
And we are staying at my Dream resort the Polynesian. I'm not usually one to wish time to go by fast but October cannot get here fast enough!:tigger:

Last edited:
We will be there Oct.20-25 trying to decide which party to attend we have our choice of 3 nights Sun,Mon or Thurs. anyone have any suggestions on what night would be better crowd-wise? I think Sunday would be the more crowded of the three nights which would of been nice otherwise with it being our arrival day(early am) we are leaving on Friday the 25th so we could end the trip with a Thursday night party.
Our travel Party is 5 adults and 4 children(all boys) ages 7-10
2AD/2CH have attended MNSSHP in Oct 2015 the rest of us have never attended MNSSHP and also this will be the very first trip to Disney for 2AD/1CH
And we are staying at my Dream resort the Polynesian. I'm not usually one to wish time to go by fast but October cannot get here fast enough!:tigger:
I think Thursday will be your most crowded. I would go for Monday

Bringing our ten month old for the first time at the end of August 20-24. Wondering if would be worth me and DH to take the baby to this. I know we will mainly be doing MK more than the other parks but besides the character meets (long lines), special snacks (which he probably can't have) wondering if this is worth us spending the money for our tickets. We are DVC members so we are doing moonlight magic at AK while we are there. I realize there will be more things for baby to do in MK, but will the long lines and heat at the beginning of the party season be worth the $$$ for the attractions and parade alone?

Bringing our ten month old for the first time at the end of August 20-24. Wondering if would be worth me and DH to take the baby to this. I know we will mainly be doing MK more than the other parks but besides the character meets (long lines), special snacks (which he probably can't have) wondering if this is worth us spending the money for our tickets. We are DVC members so we are doing moonlight magic at AK while we are there. I realize there will be more things for baby to do in MK, but will the long lines and heat at the beginning of the party season be worth the $$$ for the attractions and parade alone?

Not with a 10 month old. That's just my opinion.

I would wait to see what your baby is like at 10 months old. Who knows what their routines will be or how fussy they'll be 7 months from now. I would maybe buy your tickets the day of the party if you're feeling up to it. If the party happens to sell out ahead of time, it's probably not a party you want to be at anyways. :goodvibes

The high points of the party are: (1) meeting characters who normally aren’t in the parks. A ten month old won’t know the difference between a common character and an unusual character, so why wait in a super long line? (2) trick or treating, but a baby can’t eat the candy. (3) special parade, but baby won’t know the difference between regular parade and special parade. (4) stage show which baby probably won’t be able to see. (5) special fireworks, but baby might hate all fireworks.

I wouldn’t do it.

Not with a 10 month old. That's just my opinion.

I would wait to see what your baby is like at 10 months old. Who knows what their routines will be or how fussy they'll be 7 months from now. I would maybe buy your tickets the day of the party if you're feeling up to it. If the party happens to sell out ahead of time, it's probably not a party you want to be at anyways. :goodvibes
I agree. We are bringing g my granddaughter in December for her first WDW trip and figured we will skip the Christmas party with her.

Been going the past 5 years to mnsshp. Missed last year due to pregnancy but doing this year in September. Planning on Tuesday the 24th with my little one and soooo glad they released dates early so I can plan

Wondering about Annual Passes and the discount. I have an AP now, but it will be expired by the date of the party. Do you think that will be a problem to purchase them with the discount now? I know for resort discounts it must be valid during your stay, so does that apply to party tickets too?

Wondering about Annual Passes and the discount. I have an AP now, but it will be expired by the date of the party. Do you think that will be a problem to purchase them with the discount now? I know for resort discounts it must be valid during your stay, so does that apply to party tickets too?
you will have to show your pass holder card to obtain your tickets

you will have to show your pass holder card to obtain your tickets

In the past, we have just printed the tickets to have a paper copy, but we didn't even need it, they were just attached to our magic bands. The website looks like it will allow me to buy them and assign them, I've just been scared to pull the trigger!

In the past, we have just printed the tickets to have a paper copy, but we didn't even need it, they were just attached to our magic bands. The website looks like it will allow me to buy them and assign them, I've just been scared to pull the trigger!

I bought mine online. You will get a reference number emailed to you which you can then use to add to your existing reservation in MDE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter