"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw lots of long dresses last year. After we got home I spoke to Customer Service and got an interesting answer on it. He said that they don't worry too much about it unless there is a specific issue. I don't agree with that at all. If you have a rule, you need to enforce it, otherwise why bother. But that's the way it is.

I believe Disney and Cast Members are more concerned with dresses that drag excessively like the examples below. Not only will people step on them but they can get caught in rides causing injuries and delays. Ball gowns maybe full but most I've seen don't look like these.
upload_2019-2-11_15-6-45.png

Thanks for the replies, I think we are going to go with Labor Day thinking that any locals would probably not go that day with work/school on Tuesday. Also I pulled up the link to buy tickets on the Disney site and Labor Day is the cheaper of the 2 days, only by $6, but if Disney were expecting Labor Day to be a busy party you can bet they would price it higher.

We went to the Labor Day party last year and crowds were amazing! We got to do everything we wanted plus some! We’re going on Labor Day again this year!

I believe Disney and Cast Members are more concerned with dresses that drag excessively like the examples below. Not only will people step on them but they can get caught in rides causing injuries and delays. Ball gowns maybe full but most I've seen don't look like these.
View attachment 381891
Yea my understanding is it needs to be 2 inches off the ground

Yea my understanding is it needs to be 2 inches off the ground

This is what the rules say--"Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)". Which when you think about it, leaves a lot open for interpretation.

So I chucked the idea of renting DVC for just our one party night and went ahead and booked POR. We may do a week long WDW trip during DS’s senior year, and we want to book a big place at OKW on rented points for that. We’ll be fine at POR for our one night before catching our ship. I mean, once we get our hands on some Magic Bands for the first time, we’ll naturally want to use them again! The Mickey Halloween shirts are already in my cruise bag!

I just booked for MNSSHP for our first party ever. We are going to the first party on August 17th. Do I need to link the tickets in MDE? Should I see them listed in MDE? I received a confirmation email. Also, we have a split stay (PORS, Beach Club, Poly). The party night will be during our Poly stay. Does it matter which magic bands we wear to the party? TIA

I just booked for MNSSHP for our first party ever. We are going to the first party on August 17th. Do I need to link the tickets in MDE? Should I see them listed in MDE? I received a confirmation email. Also, we have a split stay (PORS, Beach Club, Poly). The party night will be during our Poly stay. Does it matter which magic bands we wear to the party? TIA

Did you buy them online or by phone? If you bought them online, it should automatically come up in MDE. Otherwise you can use that confirmation number to link them.

Any magicbands can be used interchangeably.

Did you buy them online or by phone? If you bought them online, it should automatically come up in MDE. Otherwise you can use that confirmation number to link them.

I bought them online and still don't see them in MDE. I'll try to link them now. Thanks for your reply:-)

I'd like to get some opinons on which party we should choose, our options are Labor Day Monday or the following Friday. The last party we attended was so crowded and so miserable, I want this time to be a better experience. Labor Day seems like it would be more crowded, but then Friday could also be crowded. Opinions?
We are going that Friday

Days after I bought mine they still hadn't shown up in MDE. I ended up emailing with the information and they fixed it for me pretty quickly.

Hey, everyone. We are so excited it will be our first Disneyworld trip from September 2nd to the 10th and we are attending the Labor Day MNSSHP. We really hope it will not be too crowded.

We don't plan on doing character meet, except if the lines are less than 20 minutes, DS is 9 and DD is 5 and are totally able of staying up very very late. We are not total Disney newbies since we usually go to Disneyland Paris every year and they are the last one asleep after the firework and the travel back to the hotel, which usually means in bed at 1:00 AM.

This forum has been so helpful with my planning that if ever someone needs info on Disneyland Paris and how to great amazing prices I will sure be glad to help.

180 days! As of today we have 180 days until the first party, and I'm stumped trying to figure out dining. We usually do a table service meal before the official start of the party (6pm). Food is important to us, and we've had some amazing meals pre-party as the park empties out. CRT had themed desserts I still dream about. But when I check dining reservations for the first party day no tables are available (CRT, BOG, or Tony's). And yet, the party page lists table service under "Ghoulishly Good Eats".

So what do we think that all means? Are special dining options coming soon?

180 days! As of today we have 180 days until the first party, and I'm stumped trying to figure out dining. We usually do a table service meal before the official start of the party (6pm). Food is important to us, and we've had some amazing meals pre-party as the park empties out. CRT had themed desserts I still dream about. But when I check dining reservations for the first party day no tables are available (CRT, BOG, or Tony's). And yet, the party page lists table service under "Ghoulishly Good Eats".

So what do we think that all means? Are special dining options coming soon?

I’m sure someone will remember from last year. I think maybe resies for party nights opened up late? I wasn’t planning to make a resie so I didn’t pay attention.

SW just announced that they will open their calendar through November 2 on March 13. That covers all the party dates! I assume we'll see a small flurry of activity on here soon after 3/13. Now I just need someone to assure me that the weather in Orlando will be absolutely perfect on October 11!

Who is SW? I feel like I am being really dense in asking, sorry! I am VERY keen to see Disney park schedules for our September trip and I'm wondering if I am going to be very happy on 3/13 :rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter