"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok been following for a while and didn’t really see the answer yet...
Need some help from some veteran MNSSHP goers, it’s our first time going and possibly our last since we usually go in the spring (teacher life 😂) we have littles who might not stick it out for the second parade but we really want to see the new fireworks. My original plan was to do the parade in Frontierland and see the Firweorks from a distance now with the new projections we are thinking dessert party for the ease, can you see the first parade and do the dessert party, maybe go down to the plaza early and just watch from there? Any thoughts would be so helpful!!

Need some help from some veteran MNSSHP goers, it’s our first time going and possibly our last since we usually go in the spring (teacher life 😂) we have littles who might not stick it out for the second parade but we really want to see the new fireworks. My original plan was to do the parade in Frontierland and see the Firweorks from a distance now with the new projections we are thinking dessert party for the ease, can you see the first parade and do the dessert party, maybe go down to the plaza early and just watch from there? Any thoughts would be so helpful!!

Hi there. I’ve done this, but it is not really a “good” option. Here’s an explanation and some pics from way upthread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...lly-festive-celebration.3729471/post-60798415

Separately and not really related to your question, but I’m a fan of the dessert party with little ones. Not sure of your ages (mine are 9 and 5 at the moment), but having the garden to spread out pre-show, plus the flexibility to maintain your spot if ‘nature calls’ have been big pluses for us.

Hope that helps!

Hi there. I’ve done this, but it is not really a “good” option. Here’s an explanation and some pics from way upthread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...lly-festive-celebration.3729471/post-60798415

Separately and not really related to your question, but I’m a fan of the dessert party with little ones. Not sure of your ages (mine are 9 and 5 at the moment) and having the garden to spread out pre-show, plus the flexibility to maintain you spot if ‘nature calls’ have been big pluses for us.

Hope that helps!

These are GREAT photos, thank you!!!! Quick question - when you took these, were you standing on a curb (inside the plaza garden) or lifting your phone up high? I am really struggling with how to fit in the first parade and the dessert party. My plan was to stake out a spot on the curb right outside the plaza garden for the first parade and then just go late to the party, but, quite honestly, the view that is in your pictures would be just fine for us. Otherwise, I know I'm going to have to be in the hub by 8:30/8:45 pm to stake out that parade spot, ugh. Wish DS11 could stay up for the second parade!

These are GREAT photos, thank you!!!! Quick question - when you took these, were you standing on a curb (inside the plaza garden) or lifting your phone up high? I am really struggling with how to fit in the first parade and the dessert party. My plan was to stake out a spot on the curb right outside the plaza garden for the first parade and then just go late to the party, but, quite honestly, the view that is in your pictures would be just fine for us. Otherwise, I know I'm going to have to be in the hub by 8:30/8:45 pm to stake out that parade spot, ugh. Wish DS11 could stay up for the second parade!

I was standing in the garden, on the normal ground. The garden is at an oh-so-slightly higher elevation than the sidewalk/Main Street on that side of the garden, so you have just a touch of an elevation advantage. But I’m talking really slight.

I was probably holding my phone at or close to head level, which for me is 6’.

While it’s good for a partial parade fix, it’s definitely tough to make that a “quality” viewing spot, in my opinion. When we did it, we later watched the second parade as our “real” parade viewing. The second parade is way late for my kids, but I’m always amazed how they have often wanted to keep going, so it’s the one time I’ll splurge and just roll with it... but I pay for it the next day though. :-)

All of that being said, I may try this again in a few weeks. Might depend on how the night is going.

Thanks FoxC63!
3:30-6pm – Top Tier Character

6:30-7:15 – Any Character who start meeting at 7pm

7:15-8:00 – Any Character who start meeting at 7pm

8:00-9:35 – First Parade / This includes securing a spot and the end time of the parade.

Last year Jafar met at 7pm. Remember NO times have been confirmed for 2019 for any of the characters.

First time MNSSHP'er here...
Does this mean for meeting Jack and Sally we should line up around 3:30 to 4:30?.... Do they start meeting early, or should we expect to be in line waiting for two hours?

I'm not quite sure what you meant by these guidelines:
6:30-7:15 – Any Character who start meeting at 7pm

7:15-8:00 – Any Character who start meeting at 7pm

For us, we're interested in meeting Jack and Sally, and Lots-o'.
Not sure what the best approach would be. We're thinking about doing MK earlier in the day, going back to the hotel after lunch to rest, and then come back after an early dinner for the party.. which would likely put us back in the park around 6:30pm.

Thanks!

Ah... ok, so likely "minni versions" at the viewing party.

Last year, the dessert party included mini versions of several of the specialty desserts offered elsewhere. Hoping they do that this year, too, but we shall have to wait and see of course! It adds a little bit to the value in my mind, as no need to buy those specialty desserts around the park.

So, unless you've got to have the real McCoy, try to hold off and wait for the viewing party :)

Thanks Carrie!

We're going on the 16th - less than a week now! I have the Plaza Garden dessert party booked. Our plan is to arrive at 4pm, do our 3 FPs and hopefully catch the last MiSi party. We'll do rides from 6 to 8:45ish, and then check in for the dessert party around 9pm. After fireworks, we'll send two adults to Frontierland to find a spot for the parade - while the other two adults wrangle the kids and stroller and catch up to them. Hopefully that will work ok.

We are going to the first party, and as of now we have the garden dessert party booked and plan to see the first parade (I say as of now because I am really still debating about canceling today). If we do keep it my plan is to watch the first parade from Liberty square or the LS end of frontierland, and then go around through fantasyland/tomorrowland to get to the terrace. we would check in with essentially just enough time to get a plate of desserts and then get to the garden fairly last minute.

None of this is my usual MO for add on parties, so I'm having mental problems with it lol, but I also don't want to lose so much regular Halloween party time for the dessert party. I totally understand about the previous posters lamenting all of the down time spent waiting around n order to see the fireworks and parade. Normally when I do a dessert party we spend as long as we can just enjoying the party and atmosphere, and would get to the viewing area as early as possible to get the most ideal location (think HEA after fireworks dessert party or the starwars party in DHS. You can do both - have lots of party time and get to the viewing area early for those). In this case we would be wolfing down one plate of desserts and getting to the viewing area to get the last spots we can. But I'm thinking we're really paying for a spot to see the fireworks more than anything, and I'm hoping we will be able to walk in last minute and have a decent spot for 2 kids and 2 short adults.

I wish we weren't doing the first party, so we would have an idea of what to expect for the new fireworks show viewing. I also think the first one is going to be worse because all of the media/bloggers/vloggers want to get their videos/stories/opinions out there ASAP so they will all be there camped for good spots. IDK, but I do know I'm spending too much time thinking about this and we should just be able to show up and have a good time without all of this stress and planning darn it!

It's our first MNSSHP on August 20 and I will be attending with my DD (3), DH, DMIL, and DFIL. We're not doing any of the extra parties.

This is our tentative, very loose plan. We are using a park ticket to enter a few hours early because we had gotten a 5 day ticket on points anyway but only intended on 4 park days plus the party Wondering if this plan makes sense and is doable? Specifically, will MIckey & Minnie, and Tink be at the Town Square Theatre at those times... When does Jack and Sally replace them? I'm assuming if there were fastpasses available, Tink will be there.

The three year old would also very much like to meet Anastacia and Drizella as well as Winnie the Pooh and friends? Are the waits for these characters very long?

Enter park at 1:20ish for BBB appointment at 1:50
After BBB appointment get Photopass photos at Sir Mickey's
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Fairytale Princess Hall
Fastpass from 2:50 - 3:50 for Cinderella and Elena
Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theatre
Fastpass from 3:50 - 4:50 for TinkerBell at Town Square Theatre
Take Bypass to get wristbands and candy bags
Dining Reservation at 4:30 for Be Our Guest
After Be Our Guest, Fastpass for Haunted Mansion (fastpass from 4:55-5:55)
Go to Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Mad Tea Party
Do some trick or treating (maybe send one or two of the adults to get a parade spot)
Watch parade
Watch fireworks
Maybe a run on Space Mountain before leaving for two of the grown-ups depending on how 3 yo is
Your plan looks good:
4:15-5:30 BOG ADR 4:30
5:30-6:15 SDMT
6:20-6:35 Mad Tea Party
6:40- Get in line for Trick or Treating - Where?
Watch Parade – Where?
Watch Fireworks – Where?

If you plan on being at MK on another day I suggest meeting Pooh & Gang at their Meet & Greet location or securing an ADR at Crystal Palace .
I believe they also meet at Epcot, United Kingdom ? Please feel free to chime in.

Same with Anastasia and Drizella, secure ADR at 1900 Park Fare or Read THIS . Not sure what they did during MNSSHP last year, roam? :confused3 Again, feel free to chime in.

For us, we're interested in meeting Jack and Sally, and Lots-o'.
Not sure what the best approach would be. We're thinking about doing MK earlier in the day, going back to the hotel after lunch to rest, and then come back after an early dinner for the party.. which would likely put us back in the park around 6:30pm.
Well if you plan on entering at 6:30 your wait to meet Jack & Sally just got longer and will take up party time. The smart play would be to use your park ticket and get in line at 3-3:30 to meet them. Last year they started meeting at 4:30 in Town Square Theater. As for Lotso he met at 7pm and there is talk he wont be here. Maybe replaced by Bo Peep. No way of knowing how to plan for her until the first reports. If the wait is long Disney may bump her from 7pm to 6:30 or so.

Ok, after seeing previews of the new fireworks show hubby and I decided to do the Plaza Garden dessert party! We've done the HEA Plaza Garden party a few times and love not having to squish. Besides....we'll be squishing for the Hocus Pocus show anyway. :crowded::crowded:
Now that I booked the party I feel some relief. We will most likely do rides and such until dessert party time, then do the dessert party and watch the fireworks and then go over to Frontierland for the second parade. Maybe around the back of the castle so we're not trying to cut across the crowds and craziness in the hub. Watch the parade and then see the last Sanderson's show before we head out.

Ok, after seeing previews of the new fireworks show hubby and I decided to do the Plaza Garden dessert party! We've done the HEA Plaza Garden party a few times and love not having to squish. Besides....we'll be squishing for the Hocus Pocus show anyway. :crowded::crowded:
Now that I booked the party I feel some relief. We will most likely do rides and such until dessert party time, then do the dessert party and watch the fireworks and then go over to Frontierland for the second parade. Maybe around the back of the castle so we're not trying to cut across the crowds and craziness in the hub. Watch the parade and then see the last Sanderson's show before we head out.
Sounds like a perfect plan! @areno79 are you reading this?

I wish we weren't doing the first party, so we would have an idea of what to expect for the new fireworks show viewing. I also think the first one is going to be worse because all of the media/bloggers/vloggers want to get their videos/stories/opinions out there ASAP so they will all be there camped for good spots. IDK, but I do know I'm spending too much time thinking about this and we should just be able to show up and have a good time without all of this stress and planning darn it!
Woof! I think your overthinking and questioning yourself waaay too much amigo! I think the first party will sell out or come close to it but even then having a plan will help so post it and let's go through it.

Your plan looks good:
4:15-5:30 BOG ADR 4:30
5:30-6:15 SDMT
6:20-6:35 Mad Tea Party
6:40- Get in line for Trick or Treating - Where?
Watch Parade – Where?
Watch Fireworks – Where?

If you plan on being at MK on another day I suggest meeting Pooh & Gang at their Meet & Greet location or securing an ADR at Crystal Palace .
View attachment 424779
I believe they also meet at Epcot, United Kingdom ? Please feel free to chime in.

Same with Anastasia and Drizella, secure ADR at 1900 Park Fare or Read THIS . Not sure what they did during MNSSHP last year, roam? :confused3 Again, feel free to chime in.

They did roam last year in Fantasyland. I would also recommend @ckdsweet getting in line for Pooh and friends before tea cups if a priority to meet them, and ride the cups afterwards. You really need to be in line no later than 615p though if you want any shot of being first group to meet them before they break the first time. It will be about an hour wait +/- though.

Well if you plan on entering at 6:30 your wait to meet Jack & Sally just got longer and will take up party time. The smart play would be to use your park ticket and get in line at 3-3:30 to meet them. Last year they started meeting at 4:30 in Town Square Theater. As for Lotso he met at 7pm and there is talk he wont be here. Maybe replaced by Bo Peep. No way of knowing how to plan for her until the first reports. If the wait is long Disney may bump her from 7pm to 6:30 or so.

Thanks again for the insight.

I'm not sure anyone in our group would be willing to wait over an hour in line for a meet & greet (even with Jack and Sally).
We may just skip it then.... but something to consider depending how much energy we have and what the weather conditions are like. Maybe try to schedule a dinner reservation in the park between 5-6 instead of eating at the resort prior to the party.

Hopefully you have some things planned. Post your itinerary and we'll take a look at it.

This is my first time putting an itinerary together so please bear with me :flower:

August 20
Me (Mom) and DD
910-1010 7DMT FP
1035-1135 Haunted Mansion FP
1135-1235 Jungle Cruise FP
1210 LTT Lunch (I realize this will be tight with the JC FP might have to rethink)
Hoping to grab a Pirates League cancellation somewhere before party time
Plaza Party with Garden View for fireworks
Only request from DD IS Seven Drawrfs, this is our first one so I am open to any and all of your seasoned suggestions.

TIA :flower:

I was standing in the garden, on the normal ground. The garden is at an oh-so-slightly higher elevation than the sidewalk/Main Street on that side of the garden, so you have just a touch of an elevation advantage. But I’m talking really slight.

I was probably holding my phone at or close to head level, which for me is 6’.

While it’s good for a partial parade fix, it’s definitely tough to make that a “quality” viewing spot, in my opinion. When we did it, we later watched the second parade as our “real” parade viewing. The second parade is way late for my kids, but I’m always amazed how they have often wanted to keep going, so it’s the one time I’ll splurge and just roll with it... but I pay for it the next day though. :-)

All of that being said, I may try this again in a few weeks. Might depend on how the night is going.

This is great info, thank you! We'll be in MK earlier in the day on our party day. I may just go into the garden at that point to see if standing in that area might be a good solution for us. If not, I'll plan on getting to the hub early and snagging seats there. I really thought we would skip the parade this year. At 11, DS has really acted too-cool-for-school about this party, but last night I asked him if there was something he was actually looking forward to and it was . . . the parade, LOL!

This is my first time putting an itinerary together so please bear with me :flower:

August 20
Me (Mom) and DD
910-1010 7DMT FP
1210 LTT Lunch (I realize this will be tight with the JC FP might have to rethink)
Only request from DD IS Seven Drawrfs, this is our first one so I am open to any and all of your seasoned suggestions.

Do you mind if I ask how old DD is? Just curious.

My first reaction is that’s a long/hot day at the MK, but I asssume you know what you’re getting into. 😅

I don’t see any problem with your JC FP and LTT ADR. If you do your FP at 11:35, you’ll be done in plenty of time to head over to LTT, baring some unusually long FP line.

Do you mind if I ask how old DD is? Just curious.

My first reaction is that’s a long/hot day at the MK, but I asssume you know what you’re getting into. 😅

I don’t see any problem with your JC FP and LTT ADR. If you do your FP at 11:35, you’ll be done in plenty of time to head over to LTT, baring some unusually long FP line.
She’s 11, yea we know it will be a long day we are just looking forward to as much time in the parks as possible, we don’t get down nearly enough.

August 20
Me (Mom) and DD
910-1010 7DMT FP

I know you said you have limited time so you're trying to squeeze as much as possible. I'd consider taking a small break in the afternoon. Even an hour break/nap will do wonders for keeping you charged for the evening, plus get you out of the brunt of the death ray heat time of the day :) . 15+ hours in a Orlando Park in the heat of Aug is a dreadful feat. I live in similar heat and I would be hard pressed to survive that long.

If 7D is your only main priority character that should be an easy one. Just line up early before the party to guarantee a visit and preserve actual party time.

Dont forget to try and snag any remaining 4th FP after your last one for the later afternoon, even if you decide to take a quick break.

There are 4 of us going to MNSSHP. 3 of us have magic bands but the 4th person does not have a band. I was able to make Fastpasses for all of us between 3:30 - 6:00 as I've done in the past. Our Fastpasses are linked to our bands but how would the 4th in our party without a band scan in at the ride entrances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter