"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this has been posted, forgive me, but I didn't see it in comments following this year's parties so far. How early should I line up for the second parade if I want to view it on Main Street? Especially considering the Tony's reserved location, I'm wondering how (if at all) that influences crowds elsewhere near that area. I'd love to see Holiday Wishes in the Hub and then hightail it to Main Street for a parade spot, but I'm wondering if that's early enough. ?

If this has been posted, forgive me, but I didn't see it in comments following this year's parties so far. How early should I line up for the second parade if I want to view it on Main Street? Especially considering the Tony's reserved location, I'm wondering how (if at all) that influences crowds elsewhere near that area. I'd love to see Holiday Wishes in the Hub and then hightail it to Main Street for a parade spot, but I'm wondering if that's early enough. ?

I'm wondering the same thing!

Is Moana a popular M&G during the party? How long is the line for her on average? Thanks for any advice :)
Moana is super popular, because you can't meet her anywhere else. Lines last year were at least an hour long most of the time. Get in line early!

I was there night one. Watched Wishes from the flagpole (basically the Tony's reserved area) and after it seemed like 75% of the people were leaving, if I wanted to I would've been able to grab a spot on the lower side of Main Street (from Confectionary tohalf way through Emporium) the upper part of Main Street from the Glass store to the Plaza was already all full. Any particular reason why you want to watch Wishes from the Hub?

I was there night one. Watched Wishes from the flagpole (basically the Tony's reserved area) and after it seemed like 75% of the people were leaving, if I wanted to I would've been able to grab a spot on the lower side of Main Street (from Confectionary tohalf way through Emporium) the upper part of Main Street from the Glass store to the Plaza was already all full. Any particular reason why you want to watch Wishes from the Hub?

Thanks! Would like to catch Wishes in the Hub pretty much just to be in the middle of the perimeter finale... I just remember being so amazed in that moment last time and I want to share that with the rest of my family this time. I'd be open to considering as far as Casey's as well if it'd still have that same level of immersion during the perimeter moment.

How long did you have to hold your wishes spot and was it that center spot looking down main street? Thanks.

What has been everyone's experience with FPs on the party ticket? IS anyone getting their last days FPs cancelled? I just heard of it happenign to someone and now im worried bc we have FOP on our last day. Should I cancel my party FPs?

I have been watching the videos to gauge what attire should be worn and I am seeing t-shirts right next to heavier jackets. lol
Is a coat normally necessary if one were to go the week after Thanksgiving? A hoodie or sweater perhaps?
What are you all planning to pack?

I have been watching the videos to gauge what attire should be worn and I am seeing t-shirts right next to heavier jackets. lol
Is a coat normally necessary if one were to go the week after Thanksgiving? A hoodie or sweater perhaps?

You really just need to check the weather a few days before. It can be hot. It can be cool. It can feel cold. We had both very warm and quite cool last week.

I went to the first party and also the Tony's Town Square party. The TTS party was SO NICE. I was shocked at how few people there were. The CMs were so nice and gave such great customer service. They were really on top of everything. There was SO MUCH food. Hot food like meatballs, fried cheese, appetizers, then there was also a charcuterie table with cheese, meat, olives bread, dips. Then there was a huge dessert and coffee table. This, along with a bar with all you can drink beer and wine and also sparkling wine.

The only complaint I have is that they did not do a great job of checking wrist bands and keeping people out of the reserved parade area. Three women plopped down next to us and had no wrist bands and were clearly not attending the party. No one asked to check their wrist bands. Once the parade starts coming through they lift the rope and anyone who is on the other side of the street can run over there. There were plenty of people manning the area but they were talking and joking with each other and keeping non party people out wasn't the priority. Don't get me wrong, most people keep out because it says "reserved" but you will get the brazen person here and there who will take advantage of the CMs not paying attention.

The party was totally worth it, IMO!

What has been everyone's experience with FPs on the party ticket? IS anyone getting their last days FPs cancelled? I just heard of it happenign to someone and now im worried bc we have FOP on our last day. Should I cancel my party FPs?

We were some of the unlucky ones to have our last days FPs cancelled, and without an email warning. I just happened to notice it when I was checking plans a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised, because I assumed I'd receive an email warning as I'd heard others have in the past. So I cancelled our party FPs and rebooked our last day's FPs. Thankfully we didn't have any hard to book FPs. Since then I happened to score FOP FPs for our last day, so I will not risk losing those!...my plan at this point is to get to MK at 4:00 on our party day and deal with crowds and waiting in lines for rides. I've thought of making FPs for the 4:00-6:00 time frame once we enter the park, but again I don't want to risk losing our last day's FPs.

Any unique photo ops this year??? When you went in to the right side of the hub in the pass did they have anything?

I would have a sweatshirt packed but we have never needed a coat that week. Watch the weather reports right before your trip and you will get a good idea. We've usually had weather in the 70's and we'd have to throw on a sweatshirt for early mornings and nightime. But last trip was so hot we didn't need a sweatshirt the whole trip.

I have heard of it happening quite a bit this year. We chose to cancel party day fp's and instead do rides that don't have long lines when we get there at 4:00. Planning to do The People Mover and Carousal of Progress when we arrive, then dinner and the castle lighting show. By that time, we're hoping a good chunk of the rides will have shorter wait times... It just wasn't worth the stress of possibly losing our other fp's.

I had the same issue.

I received an email from Disney warning me that I had more FPs then days of tix.

I ended up canceling my party FPs and changed our plans up a bit.

Going in with no FPs and a loose, flexible plan.

Our goal is simple: enjoy the atmosphere and watch as much as possible of the evening entertainment.

Anything else is a bonus.

Any unique photo ops this year??? When you went in to the right side of the hub in the pass did they have anything?

No one has posted anything yet, however, Post #1 has the Magic Shots listed with photos and links to video option for this year. There are some new ones this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!