"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attended the second party on Friday 11/9 which was sold out. I was disappointed by the crowd levels which I felt to be higher than I was expecting. My only point of comparison was the first party last year which was also a sell out but didn’t feel as crowded. We did catch the second parade of the night from liberty square and it was truly great. The fireworks were also extra good, and the finale was especially awesome (watched from Tomorrowland). But the crowds felt too high for me to justify the cost and I’m not sure we’ll do it again. We like to do rides during the party but lines for rides like big thunder and jungle cruise and haunted mansion (rides we did last year with little wait) were too long for our taste this year.

We attended EMH on Saturday nov 10 and it felt like crowds at Christmas party were like 50 percent higher than EMH for rides. Obviously I could be wrong about that and that was just my “feel,” but thought I’d share my experience.

I have to agree with you on being disappointed by the crowd levels on 11/9. My husband and I also attended that night and felt that the wait times for the rides were way too long.

Interesting Tweet here, MVMCP ticket sales related: https://twitter.com/touringplans/status/1062101399612329985?s=21

I’ve been seeing more reports of this kind of “targeted” notification from the app lately. Eg, I saw a report from someone in Epcot over the weekend that received a notification that lunch reservations were available at Le Cellier, click now.

Will be interesting to see how much they push out these kinds of things going forward.

I have to agree with you on being disappointed by the crowd levels on 11/9. My husband and I also attended that night and felt that the wait times for the rides were way too long.
Also there for the second party- disappointing at how long the lines were for rides right up until 11:55pm- it took one hour from the time we got in line for splash mountain until we walked out. Thunder was consistently 30+minutes- we rode a couple times. 7 dwarfs was over an hour- did that also. We were always hoping the posted times were inflated but they were actually less than our actual wait in a couple cases.

Glad we did it once but we’ll definitely not do it again

Would any experienced party goers feel like sharing their itinerary for the night?
I'm pretty comfortable planning regular park days, but this whole party situation has me in a quandary. It's our first time going, and will probably be our last, so I want to make sure I do it right. I'm not a micro planner - but I like to have an idea of what to do when and organize it in a flow to keep us from zigzagging all over the park.
I'd love to see someone's plans who knows what they're doing.

Booked the Tony's Party for us. We will have kiddos 5, 5, 4, and 2 along with 7 adults. We arrive on our Party night hopefully by 3pm to resort and let the grandchildren rest/nap before the party since we will be up all night. It is the first time visit for the kids and 4 adults. I have been many times but the last Christmas Party was in 2016. I hope the kids will have enough adrenaline to enjoy the Party.

I guess I will need to cancel our CRT adr since we have the Tony's. It was for 7:00 ( I know prime party time). Hopefully granddaughters can get lots of photos with princesses later.

btw the Tony's party must be selling like hotcakes! kept checking this morning and finally availability showed up for all 11 of us. :)

btw the Tony's party must be selling like hotcakes! kept checking this morning and finally availability showed up for all 11 of us. :)
Really? Which date are you going? I just checked and there was availability for 14 for every date. Could have been a glitch.

Okay. So for those of us NOT doing the Tony's party...
Where can we sit down, get warm and maybe a burger as the night wears on? Sugar options are everywhere, but not all of us can tolerate that.

Seems to me that Cosmic ray's may be the only indoor location open late with dinner style food?

Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, Caseys are all open and serving food
Okay ... I read it wrong ... Pecos Bills closes at 11. Gastons is also open until 10, not so sure what they have for food though.

and Casey's seating is all outdoors now isn't it? No chicken or burgers there either.

Booked the Tony's Party for us. We will have kiddos 5, 5, 4, and 2 along with 7 adults. We arrive on our Party night hopefully by 3pm to resort and let the grandchildren rest/nap before the party since we will be up all night. It is the first time visit for the kids and 4 adults. I have been many times but the last Christmas Party was in 2016. I hope the kids will have enough adrenaline to enjoy the Party.

I guess I will need to cancel our CRT adr since we have the Tony's. It was for 7:00 ( I know prime party time). Hopefully granddaughters can get lots of photos with princesses later.

Glad I'm not the only crazy one that booked this party with a 2yo!!! I figure if he is sleeping by the time the parade starts that his loss!! Hahahaha

Interesting Tweet here, MVMCP ticket sales related: https://twitter.com/touringplans/status/1062101399612329985?s=21

I’ve been seeing more reports of this kind of “targeted” notification from the app lately. Eg, I saw a report from someone in Epcot over the weekend that received a notification that lunch reservations were available at Le Cellier, click now.

Will be interesting to see how much they push out these kinds of things going forward.

I got this for MNSSHP tickets when I was using MDE in October in HS. It happened shortly after I entered the park. Not creepy or anything lol

I have a question. What do you think of the view of fireworks from the flagpole area? @destinationdoug ? It seems like there were people there when you were first arriving to the parade viewing area and people were still there from fireworks. I know that closer to the Hub is better but is the view from the flagpole area bad?

I have a question. What do you think of the view of fireworks from the flagpole area? @destinationdoug ? It seems like there were people there when you were first arriving to the parade viewing area and people were still there from fireworks. I know that closer to the Hub is better but is the view from the flagpole area bad?
While we were waiting for the parade to reach us, I tried to visualize how the fireworks would work from that spot. I think it would be a good, but not great, spot. I think you might miss some of the lower fireworks to either side of the castle, and the buildings up and down Main Street might block some of the perimeter fireworks.

Tom over at Disney Tourist Blog has a map showing the best spots to view the regular HEA fireworks. He ranks every area as either Best, Good, Okay, or Poor. He classifies that spot as Okay. Not sure if it would be different for Holiday Wishes.

happily-ever-after-fireworks-guide-magic-kingdom-disney-world.jpg

Super excited booked the Tony’s event now :D I did notify them that I’m gluten free and was told that it wouldn’t be a problem... we will see how that turns out. Either way, I’m just excited for a couple glasses of sparkling wine, a place to relax, and a great parade spot without fighting or waiting for it for ages.

I live streamed from the flag pole during the first party and it was great. Not shoulder to shoulder at all and you could see al the fireworks. Maybe the only minus was losing a bit of the projections on the castle but not by a lot. The video is now on youtube if you would like to rewatch, the name of the channel is on my signature

While we were waiting for the parade to reach us, I tried to visualize how the fireworks would work from that spot. I think it would be a good, but not great, spot. I think you might miss some of the lower fireworks to either side of the castle, and the buildings up and down Main Street might block some of the perimeter fireworks.

Tom over at Disney Tourist Blog has a map showing the best spots to view the regular HEA fireworks. He ranks every area as either Best, Good, Okay, or Poor. He classifies that spot as Okay. Not sure if it would be different for Holiday Wishes.

happily-ever-after-fireworks-guide-magic-kingdom-disney-world.jpg
I watched it in 2016 from Main Street, kind of by the #13. It wasn’t a bad spot! I watched there because I was saving the parade spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter