"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think it will be weird to attend the Tony's Merriest Party as a solo traveller? It's buffet so will it be difficult for me to get my food and keep a seat? I don't mind being by myself that doesn't bother me. I just want that million dollar view of the parade :) I will be dipping in and out of the party a few times.
I don’t think it’s weird at all and I’m doing it myself on Dec 7th. I’ve done dessert parties by myself as well as buffets and it’s never an issue! Everyone cares more about their own stuff than you eating alone and never any concern about getting up to get more food and leaving my backpack at my table.

According to the Disney website, I just bought my tickets for Nov 27th, they are allowing you into the party starting at 2pm now. So a lot of extra time if you don't plan on using a park day ticket!
Great perk I guess for those that have longer stays and want to save some money!!! Enjoy!!!
Oh wow! We went on Thursday and I thought it was 4 pm! I wish I had not done Epcot in the morning - we had a lot of fun but were so tired!

Can you pick up a Sorcerers of the MK card at the fire station after admission starts at 4pm? Or do you have to wait until 7pm?

It seriously does NOT get any better!!!!

In a way it did - back before you had to pay for it. We've been in those spots a couple of times and they did not require a long stake out.

I'm so seriously unimpressed with them taking space away at what already is an event that costs extra. All while increasing the tickets sold for the parties. According to Josh at EasyWDW there was a lot of open spots around him for the parade viewing. Spots that could have helped people see a parade they had also paid for.

They filmed the Christmas Special tonight (or at least part of it).
They were filming at MK yesterday during the day too. We saw them set up in a few areas of the Hub as well as on the side street off Main Street. Apparently there was also a stage performance yesterday morning that we missed (I heard other guests talking about it).

The DIS put up a review of party also. I would post link, but I just bought a new Mac and can't figure out how. lol

Thank you to all the posters on this thread - it is so helpful!!!
Has anyone tried the Scrooge Eggnog custard special dessert? Is this just available during the party or all day? My husbands goal during the party is to take a picture with Scrooge and try that dessert :)

Thank you to all the posters on this thread - it is so helpful!!!
Has anyone tried the Scrooge Eggnog custard special dessert? Is this just available during the party or all day? My husbands goal during the party is to take a picture with Scrooge and try that dessert :)
Ryno from the DIs did a review of that dessert during the party (check youtube). He said it was not good.

Is Moana a popular M&G during the party? How long is the line for her on average? Thanks for any advice :)

Is there a list somewhere of the characters that can at least be seen without doing the M&G? I don't mean in the shows or parades but more where if you didn't wait in line you could still see other people greeting the characters (sort of like Gaston is normally or the characters in World Showcase). It seems like many of the party M&Gs take place outside. Is that correct?

Is there a list somewhere of the characters that can at least be seen without doing the M&G? I don't mean in the shows or parades but more where if you didn't wait in line you could still see other people greeting the characters (sort of like Gaston is normally or the characters in World Showcase). It seems like many of the party M&Gs take place outside. Is that correct?
Off the top of my head the following characters are outside:

Donald & Scrooge
Minnie & Daisie
Mary Poppins & Bert
Aladdin & Abu; Jasmine & Genie
Santa Claus
Captain Jack Sparrow
Pooh and Friends
Belle
Ariel & Eric
Santa Goofy
Nick & Judy Hopps

Last edited:
Wow that is an amazing photo with just a cell!! Did you have it on a certain setting ? Just wondering so I can do the same.
Thanks! The photos I posted of the fireworks and parade were actually captures from a 4k video I recorded using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

I'll be heading to the party in December and was wondering what the crowd/wait for Mary Poppins & Bert's M&G is? Are they indoors or just outside of Phiharmagic?
They are outside in Jack and Sally’s old spot in Liberty Square. We met them at around 8pm and waited around 15-20 minutes. It would have been less but there was a group before us that felt the need to do tons of different combinations of photos. Then even started leaving and then turned back to do more. :mad:

Last edited:
We went to the first party and had a great time! It was our first. We didn’t get there as early as I had hoped as I have young ones that I let nap to be rested for the party. We arrived in time to do early dinner at Tony’s at 4:40. We were out by 5:50 and got our Mickey Santa Cookie.

We walked over to get our picture in front of the castle. They gave us the option to wait for the castle lighting before our picture, so we ended up being second in line for a picture as soon as Frozen Holiday Wish was over. It worked out great! We could kind of see the show but had a great view of the castle! After that we headed to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz, SM, and people mover. Then to Barnstormer. Wait times were short. Nothing longer than 20 min.

After that we headed to liberty square area hoping to grab a parade spot, but it looked to be packed and it was getting close to parade start time. So we headed toward the front entrance train station. Main Street was crazy packed, but there were still front parade spots available around the train station at 8:30. We went up the stairs of the train station and the rail spots were already taken. Both sets of grandparents were with us and needed to rest so they relaxed on the benches while we grabbed a street spot for the kids. Grandparents were still able to see the parade from the side rail when it came through. It was just a harder spot to view from.

We then just waited around at the train station. The people at the front rail left so we grabbed it for the fireworks. The front center area at the station was roped off and reserved. Not sure how it was reserved, but it was not full. It was a great viewing spot! We could see some of the castle projections but the fireworks view was awesome! We left after the fireworks, so appreciated the quick exit without having to fight down Main Street.

I think our first party was a success! Didn’t feel like it was too crowded even though it was sold out. Hope to do another party in the future!

upload_2018-11-11_7-54-12.jpeg

They are outside in Jack and Sally’s old spot in Liberty Square. We met them at around 8pm and waited around 15-20 minutes. It would have been less but there was a group before us that felt the need to do tons of different combinations of photos. Then even started leaving and then turned back to do more. :mad:

I liked the wait time, not the group in front of you. If this is the one photo we do, I’ll be happy. They meet without a PhotoPass photographer, right? I thought I read that was due to copyright or licensing issues. Thanks.

I think I'm in planning withdrawal. Our upcoming trip is Universal with a day at SeaWorld and a MVMCP. Universal just doesn't seem to require much planning. So today was my FP day for the party. I got the rides I wanted except at 3:25, 4:25 and 5:25 instead of 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 and I totally think I am going to end up checking from time to time for a month to try to bump them. It won't likely make any difference, except it's not what the plan said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter