"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We leave for WDW in 7 days!!! So excited!!! It’s our first time at the party, and super excited to dress up. There are 5 girls so we are being the Muses from Hercules!!!! Is it crazy to wear white?!!!

No. And if it's hot, even better to be in white. Have fun. We leave in 11 days.

I just bought my ticket for 9/16... a solo visit attached to a work trip for my first party! I’m so excited! I’ve never been solo so I’m sure it will feel a little weird at first, but I can’t wait to see the parade, the Sanderson Sisters, and the fireworks.

Now what to wear, what to wear... I think I’m just going to go for a cute Halloween themed tee instead of a full costume, but I can’t wait to see what everyone else is wearing! I found some adorable Mickey/Minnie head shirts on Etsy... does anyone have a favorite shop they want to recommend?

I'm going to be cancelling 4 general admission spots for the Sleepy Hollow event at FW on Friday Oct 5th. Its the earlier showing. If anyone is interested in coordinating to pick them up. I think you have to call in to book it though.

I’m too dense to understand this and now worried: am I not permitted any FP for a MNSSHP day (only)? I, too, got a SDD for our last park day and I would be crushed if I lost it.
Some people are experiencing problems if they have 'x' number of day passes plus MNSSHP tickets.

Some book their regular daily FPs and then go back an add the FPs for their MNSSHP day. There are times that people are receiving emails advising that they have too many days of FPs booked and that their final day of FPs are going to be cancelled. When this happens, most go in and cancel their MNSSHP FPs if they have FPs on their final day (especially Flight of Passage or Slinky Dog Dash) that they do not want to risk losing.

If you are going to another park on your party day, this situation will not apply to you as you will either book your FPs at the park you intend to go to during the day or, book them for the pre-party hours in the MK. The challenge seems to be with those who are not going to any park on their party day and book their regular park FPs plus another day of FPs for MNSSHP.

Unfortunately the problem is not consistent. Basically you'll want to keep an eye on your email if you have FPs booked for your normal park days plus 3 more for the party. Those people seem to be most in jeopardy of receiving the email.

Personally, I am not aware of anyone losing their final day of FPs without receiving the dreaded email first.

On 8/11 I received the email about losing my last day fastpasses if I didn't cancel by 8/11 (same day) because I had more days of fastpass experiences than park tickets (I have fastpasses for the party day 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:00). I didn't see the email until this morning and the fastpasses for my last day are gone. Not a biggie, I knew the risks. Just wanted to give a heads up that it does happen. I am booked for the 8/31 party and can't wait!

On 8/11 I received the email about losing my last day fastpasses if I didn't cancel by 8/11 (same day) because I had more days of fastpass experiences than park tickets (I have fastpasses for the party day 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:00). I didn't see the email until this morning and the fastpasses for my last day are gone. Not a biggie, I knew the risks. Just wanted to give a heads up that it does happen. I am booked for the 8/31 party and can't wait!

Call Disney tech and they may be able to get them back to you. I had similar times on my party day. I called in advance of the deletion. I was told I could have two from 4-6. That change was made. I was warned that the computer might delete my last day of FPs anyway. It did. I called again and now have 3 anytime FP for the rides I had scheduled on our last day.

Call Disney tech and they may be able to get them back to you. I had similar times on my party day. I called in advance of the deletion. I was told I could have two from 4-6. That change was made. I was warned that the computer might delete my last day of FPs anyway. It did. I called again and now have 3 anytime FP for the rides I had scheduled on our last day.

Good to know and will try! Thanks!

Do the anytime FPS you got work on newer rides like 7dmt, sdd, and fop?

Do the anytime FPS you got work on newer rides like 7dmt, sdd, and fop?

They are not any ride FPs. They are the same rides I had FPs for. I can use them on the same day I had them for. The only difference is that they are not confined to 9-10, 10-11 and 11-12 like I had scheduled. I could use them all at 10 for example. 7D was one of the 3.

thanyou!myyboargotrunbyahmountanbgfg

lol... i was trying to say thank you, but my splash mountain big water fountain leaked on my desk and ruined my keyboard, so about half of my keys (space bar included), quit working. but THANK YOU!

Good luck. Your ticket situation is a bit unusual so I’d be curious as to your results if the booking window doesn’t in fact open for both of your stays.

@Haley R Didn't you want this?

Those are the Halloween themed bands that anyone can buy online. Those two bands are the Haunted Mansion one and the one that has Drac Mickey on one side/and the picture that will be on the souvenir cup/popcorn bucket on the other. Sorry I don't know how to post pictures on here. These are called Limited Release and have no special effects or sounds.

There will also be a MNSHHP Limited Edition band released soon that will only be available at the parties. That one, like the other LE ones, typically has a feature that gives you different lights and sounds at the touch points at the gates and fast passes (not always guaranteed to work at every touch point though).

Last edited:
I just bought my ticket for 9/16... a solo visit attached to a work trip for my first party! I’m so excited! I’ve never been solo so I’m sure it will feel a little weird at first, but I can’t wait to see the parade, the Sanderson Sisters, and the fireworks.

Now what to wear, what to wear... I think I’m just going to go for a cute Halloween themed tee instead of a full costume, but I can’t wait to see what everyone else is wearing! I found some adorable Mickey/Minnie head shirts on Etsy... does anyone have a favorite shop they want to recommend?

I did the same last year....I got adorable Nightmare Before Christmas ears from ShopKathysKreations and a tank from Nicholeswickedtops on Etsy. I received a lot of compliments and felt comfortable yet festive!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter