• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Anyone willing to get me a MB before I get there? lol Not sure how I would get it from you, but that's what I've been waiting on all year and I'll be super upset if I can't get one.

Halloween Merch Spotted at DS!!

https://imgur.com/a/iV8ewOL
Love it all!

General Halloween merchandise

https://t.co/QdHJhH9eB9?amp=1
And I thought I wanted a bunch of the Christmas merchandise from previous years!

Do we think that the Halloween refillable mug will be the one you get if you’re on the DDP during Halloween time?
I just got rid of some of our old mugs......but I may have to get this one!

Has anyone actually been to the Return to Sleepy Hollow Night at Fort Wilderness Campground??
There is just such limited information...even Disney Tours doesn't have anymore info than has already been posted here. Wanted to know if anything above the $22 General Admission price is worth it?
We're going with a premier ticket on 10/7. I wanted the earlier time but it was all sold out when I booked and I booked a pretty long time ago! I hope we can stay up late enough for the 10pm showing. Our MNSSHP is the next night, too and that morning is EMH at AK :(

The merch is ON POINT this year I’m not sure what I should get so many good things!

You guys?
Everything! And I'm seriously considering getting a smallish black tree (like a twig one) and buying up those ornaments! I'm also a sucker for the plushes. They are all so cute!

I love the Oogie Boogie ornament! It looks like my pickle ornament.
Hahaha, I thought it was at first glance but then I wondered....why would a pickle ornament be part of the Halloween collection?

Whew! I was very behind on this thread. All caught up now!

How much are the plushies in the parks guys I think I want vampire Mickey and witch Minnie
The Christmas ones were $30 (29.95? 29.99?) last year. They were priced slightly higher than regular Minnie and Mickey.

Easter ones were less than Christmas, but they were smaller.

Yikes so $60.00 for two plushies oh my
I remember it was hard to justify the purchase. I waited until I got home and watched the Shop Parks app. Minnie went clearance to $15, not Mickey.

I tried the same with Easter, but they did not seem to go on sale. There is always next year!

Ticket question - I bought tickets for this Friday’s party when they went on sale, and they were shipped to my house. I linked them to my Disney experience account, and stashed them in a safe until the trip. We got on the road yesterday, way too far to turn back, and realized we forgot to bring the hard tickets. Will we be able to get in with our Magic Bands?

Ticket question - I bought tickets for this Friday’s party when they went on sale, and they were shipped to my house. I linked them to my Disney experience account, and stashed them in a safe until the trip. We got on the road yesterday, way too far to turn back, and realized we forgot to bring the hard tickets. Will we be able to get in with our Magic Bands?
Do they show up in your app? If so you shouldn’t have any trouble.

Do they show up in your app? If so you shouldn’t have any trouble.
^Agree.

And, if you run into trouble go to Guest Services. I know this isn’t the first time someone has forgotten tickets at home.

You may wish to check with GS before your party night though if they’re not on your app, as I’ve seen that GS can be busy on party nights.

Tomorrow is our FP day. Should I even attempt to make FP’s for party day in the 4-6 window? People still have success?
We are going to the party Aug 28th and was able to get my family FPs just the other day for jungle cruise (3:20-4:20, 5 people), BTMRR (4:20-5:20, 4 people) and splash (5:30-6, 4 people). I think I got them just in time as there are no longer FPs available after 3pm for jungle cruise and splash

Amazing! How is the fit on the dress? I saw the material of one I'm eyeing and it's polyester/spandex. I wouldn't want it to be too tight with the heat I'm expecting in early October. Did you go with your normal size?

That was my fear too (we're going in August!) and I'm pretty sure these go by Asia sizing so I was afraid that would make sizing hard to determine too. I think if you go by the measurement chart you will definitely be fine. My chest measurement is a L and my waist/hips fell in XL. I went with the XL (in US sizes I'm either M or L in bottoms) since I figured I could always have it altered. I think the fit is perfect, it fits comfortably lose and is not baggy at all.
hauntedman.jpg

Last edited:
That was my fear too (we're going in August!) and I'm pretty sure these go by Asia sizing so I was afraid that would make sizing hard to determine too. I think if you go by the measurement chart you will definitely be fine. My chest measurement is a L and my waist/hips fell in XL. I went with the XL (in US sizes I'm either M or L in bottoms) since I figured I could always have it altered. I think the fit is perfect, it fits comfortably lose and is not baggy at all.
View attachment 343195
That is freaking adorable! I'm doing it! I love yours and our dates dont overlap but I think I'll do Snow White. I will make hubby Grumpy (it isn't a stretch) and can just throw together a red shirt and make a hat for him to wear with tan shorts.

Going in August in a poly dress - decided to buy a breathable slip to wear under it (made out of bamboo) - I'm hoping that will help...
I would HIGHLY recommend you take a change of clothes to the park. It is melt-your-face-off hot in August and you couldn’t pay me to wear poly to the parks! It will be nice to have an option to change if you find your dress is too hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter