"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/20 is a Saturday and they commonly have extended hours on Saturdays because the park is generally more crowded that day. I think you'll definitely be able to do more during DAH.
I’m hoping you’re right about this. Our second mk day is on a Saturday after dah and right now it says they will close at 8. I’m assuming they will make that later.

1/20 is a Saturday and they commonly have extended hours on Saturdays because the park is generally more crowded that day. I think you'll definitely be able to do more during DAH.

I think the long hours on 1/20 are great (8am - midnight), but it's unlike what I experienced in early 2017, even on Saturdays... when we went in Feb 2017, no park was open past 9pm (including weekends).

But back on topic (DAH)... I'm getting excited! Two weeks to go and I'll be back. We had to buy two extra suitcases to make it back from our Christmas/NYE trip, so my wife says I'm not allowed to bring home any souvenirs from this trip. We will see!

I think the long hours on 1/20 are great (8am - midnight), but it's unlike what I experienced in early 2017, even on Saturdays... when we went in Feb 2017, no park was open past 9pm (including weekends).

But back on topic (DAH)... I'm getting excited! Two weeks to go and I'll be back. We had to buy two extra suitcases to make it back from our Christmas/NYE trip, so my wife says I'm not allowed to bring home any souvenirs from this trip. We will see!
I can’t wait to hear back from the first group that goes to dah.

I’m hoping you’re right about this. Our second mk day is on a Saturday after dah and right now it says they will close at 8. I’m assuming they will make that later.
I'm guessing MK will not close at 8 on a Saturday. They will probably change those park hours at some point the month before that Saturday.

We have just purchased tickets for January 19th and we are looking forward to the night. It will be out first MK day for our trip as we arrive on the Wednesday. We aren't sure if we're going to go to MK in the morning for rope drop, then leave for an afternoon break and then return for the evening. We are AP holders so we wouldn't be wasting a day.
See you there.

We are also AP holders, so we will be arriving during the day.

If I’m remembering correctly, I’d expect more of a hard close than anything else at the end. They want you out. :-) I can’t remember if that meant things like the Emporium and the MSB were still open as we were walking out, or not? Hopefully someone with a better memory than me knows for sure.

As for the lanyards, yes, they have historically started distributing them at/around 4pm... if you enter the park before then (which just for full clarity would be using another park admission type, not your DAH ticket), you’d need to go back “up front” at some point to get the lanyard. It’s not like MNSSHP and MVMCP where they set up check-in/wristband stations at places within the park.

Hope that helps!

What I remember is it being a hard close...agreed they want you out. On way out I remember trying to get another Main Street photo from the Photopass photographers but time was up and they were closing up...no stragglers allowed to wait in line.

Thank you! Yes, we have AP's so entering earlier wouldn't be a problem for us ticket wise. We are thinking we are going to pop up in the morning until lunch, then take an afternoon break and then come back. We have a Crystal Palace Reservation for 4:30pm so we might re enter the park at 4pm, get the lanyard and go straight to dinner.

I thought it would be a hard close. We wouldn't want the Emporium, only MSB but we will either walk down MS a little earlier or grab snacks in the afternoon and leave them in the room. If all else fails, we will have enough popcorn and ice cream to get us through until breakfast.

2 more for the 15th Feb!

Planning to have an early dinner at 'Ohana before getting to MK around 7pm to watch fireworks...I hope it will work well!
I actually was going to do that too (eat early at ohana) but you might actually be able to get in at 4pm. We will know soon if that’s true Or not.

I actually was going to do that too (eat early at ohana) but you might actually be able to get in at 4pm. We will know soon if that’s true Or not.

We are coming from the UK so had to by 14 day tickets to get free dining (even though we're only there for 7!) so we are using a park ticket that day any way... we will just go on over as soon as we're finished at 'Ohana :)

We are coming from the UK so had to by 14 day tickets to get free dining (even though we're only there for 7!) so we are using a park ticket that day any way... we will just go on over as soon as we're finished at 'Ohana :)
Oh okay! That’s weird that you had to get 14 days to get free dining. We are only going for dah the day we go so we are just going to eat in the park.

2 more for the 15th Feb!

Planning to have an early dinner at 'Ohana before getting to MK around 7pm to watch fireworks...I hope it will work well!

Got you added!

Good call on a nice big dinner before DAH. I made the mistake of not really eating dinner my night in 2017. Mickey Bars and popcorn weren’t a good substitute for a real meal. ;-)

Would you please add me to January 19? It was the highlight of our trip last January and we’re really looking forward to doing it again. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter