"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any benefit to which side of the park you start on? Are there longer lines in tomorrowland and SDMT at the start of the party because of those who jump in line right before the park closes?
We like to start in Adventureland because a lot of park goers do get in the 7dmt line right before park close. Last time we went Adventureland, Frontierland, liberty square, crossed to Tomorrowland, and finished in fantasyland.

So we got FPS for splash 5:35-6:35, haunted mansion 6:35-7:35, Peter Pan 7:35-8:35. I’m wondering if we should switch one to pirates. We weren’t able to ride it in March because it was closed. Should we just keep what we have?

So we got FPS for splash 5:35-6:35, haunted mansion 6:35-7:35, Peter Pan 7:35-8:35. I’m wondering if we should switch one to pirates. We weren’t able to ride it in March because it was closed. Should we just keep what we have?

If it were me, I'd switch HM to Pirates but that's because I don't like being squished on HM and would rather do that one during the party.

Are you planning to watch HEA? What time are you planning to get in? I'm hoping they let us in closer to 6..I would definitely keep that Peter Pan :)

Are you planning to watch HEA? What time are you planning to get in? I'm hoping they let us in closer to 6..I would definitely keep that Peter Pan :)
We didn’t really decide about HEA. I’m planning on being there a little before 6 so I can get in right when they let us.

Does anyone have an idea of how easily we can get tickets for the August 11th DAH the day of?
That is our arrival day. I can't guarantee in advance if we'll be energetic enough to get through the night (and we have an early Ohana breakfast the following morning) so I think it's best we see how we're feeling the day of. We're also planning on upgrading our tickets to an AP upon arrival, so I would assume there would be an AP discount for the DAH tickets after that.

I'm so interested in this event, especially because our August trip is for my boyfriend's birthday and it's his first visit. I won't be upset if they sell out because we have a whole week of Disney, however I think it would be a really cool way for him to experience MK for the first time. However... I don't want either of us to end up tired and cranky the whole time either lol!

:mickeybar:banana::drinking1popcorn::Ok, maybe dumb questions, but I have to say......, I am interested in the snacks! So, here goes.

How do you know where the snack carts are going to be located? Is there a map or something? Are they the same kind of carts that are usually in the parks or something different for the event?

Does anyone have an idea of how easily we can get tickets for the August 11th DAH the day of?
That is our arrival day. I can't guarantee in advance if we'll be energetic enough to get through the night (and we have an early Ohana breakfast the following morning) so I think it's best we see how we're feeling the day of. We're also planning on upgrading our tickets to an AP upon arrival, so I would assume there would be an AP discount for the DAH tickets after that.

I'm so interested in this event, especially because our August trip is for my boyfriend's birthday and it's his first visit. I won't be upset if they sell out because we have a whole week of Disney, however I think it would be a really cool way for him to experience MK for the first time. However... I don't want either of us to end up tired and cranky the whole time either lol!
Can't say for sure but I think chances are pretty great that you will be able to get them the day of. None have sold out, even during the early July busy days :)

So far, none of the five DAH summers dates have sold out yet, even day of. That being said, five of the seven winter dates did sell out... so this event CAN sell out. Personally, despite how the summer trend has gone so far, I think it’s risky to wait so I would definitely keep an open mind if you do it just in case.

Note, ticket pricing is $119 in advance, $124 day of. AP discounted tickets are $89 in advance. You cannot get an AP discount on day of purchases. $89 vs $124 is a decent difference from my perspective. All of those are pre-tax $s.

FYI, DISers have reported being able to buy regular priced DAH tickets in advance, upgrade their park tickets to an AP during their stay, and then get a credit back for the DAH ticket AP discount amount (I think on a Disney gift card). You’d need to go to guest relations to do this.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

So far, none of the five DAH summers dates have sold out yet, even day of. That being said, five of the seven winter dates did sell out... so this event CAN sell out. Personally, despite how the summer trend has gone so far, I think it’s risky to wait.

Note, ticket pricing is $119 in advance, $124 day of. AP discounted tickets are $89 in advance. You cannot get an AP discount on day of purchases. $89 vs $124 is a decent difference from my perspective.

FYI, DISers have reported being able to buy regular priced DAH tickets in advance, upgrade their park tickets to an AP during their stay, and then get a credit back for the DAH ticket AP discount amount (I think on a Disney gift card). You’d need to go to guest relations to do this.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Oh, wow. I didn't know the AP discount doesn't apply on same-day purchases. That certainly changes things.
Does "in advance" mean essentially 24 hours before the event? If we decide around then, and then could have the AP discount credited, that would be fine.

Haha that’s okay ask away! When you get off of the “spaceship” you can turn to leave up the escalator ramp or you can turn the other way. There is a green or orange horizontal line on the wall and it takes you back up a ramp to the spot where it splits between the left and right boarding areas. Does that make sense? It’s kind of hard to picture. If I remember I’ll try to take a picture next weekend.
Pictures please!!! :)

We watched the HEA projections from near Casey's, we had just arrived at the park after watching the fireworks from BLT rooftop lounge. As HEA ended, we headed into Adventureland. It was not crowded on that side of the park, it just seemed to us that more would be on the Tomorrowland side, Mine Train as well.

What amazes ME, about the After Hours event, is that EVERYTHING is open. Until 1 am. (at least it seemed that way to us). People spend lots of $$ to get a good spot for the fireworks (plus dessert). This seems like a better value, it is all about RIDES. We did it 6/30 to escape crowds and heat. I did it in January, because we only had 3 days in the parks; for a short trip, it gets you on almost every ride within 3 hours....

:mickeybar:banana::drinking1popcorn::Ok, maybe dumb questions, but I have to say......, I am interested in the snacks! So, here goes.

How do you know where the snack carts are going to be located? Is there a map or something? Are they the same kind of carts that are usually in the parks or something different for the event?
Those aren’t dumb questions. I don’t remember there being a map that showed where the carts are but they are pretty easy to find. Honestly we just stopped on our way to a ride if the cart didn’t look busy. The carts looked to me like the ones you would see during the day. I think they give out less options, though.

Yes, the Space pics would be amazing! Not sure why I can't visualize it.
I feel torn about losing some of the DAH time (especially since I always attend the earlier time range) but I passed on HEA this January and then this randomly came up before our cruise and I've never seen HEA.-the date is sandwiched between two MNSSHP so the stars have collided! I think we're going to focus on rides we didn't get to in January. This trip will be a pleasant bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter