"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Space pics would be amazing! Not sure why I can't visualize it.
I feel torn about losing some of the DAH time (especially since I always attend the earlier time range) but I passed on HEA this January and then this randomly came up before our cruise and I've never seen HEA.-the date is sandwiched between two MNSSHP so the stars have collided! I think we're going to focus on rides we didn't get to in January. This trip will be a pleasant bonus!
HEA is pretty awesome so if you haven’t seen it yet I don’t blame you for wanting to see it. Dh and I already agreed that this dah will be more about taking in the scenery and eating snacks than riding a bunch of rides.

HEA is pretty awesome so if you haven’t seen it yet I don’t blame you for wanting to see it. Dh and I already agreed that this dah will be more about taking in the scenery and eating snacks than riding a bunch of rides.
Sounds perfect...same for us. I told the girls we'll get to the rides we get to -this time it's all about HEA, snacks and taking it all in :)
I struggled with adding this to our trip (like you have) but I know it will be worth it for us!

Are the photo pass photographers available during this event? How about magic shots? Thanks! We are going 8/11/18

Sounds perfect...same for us. I told the girls we'll get to the rides we get to -this time it's all about HEA, snacks and taking it all in :)
I struggled with adding this to our trip (like you have) but I know it will be worth it for us!
I’m super excited!!

Oh, wow. I didn't know the AP discount doesn't apply on same-day purchases. That certainly changes things.
Does "in advance" mean essentially 24 hours before the event? If we decide around then, and then could have the AP discount credited, that would be fine.

I believe "in advance" means the day of..eg, it flips over at 12AM. Although I have no direct experience actually tracking if that is accurate so caveat in case I'm wrong! :-)

You may have better luck with an AP discount and same day purchases at a ticket window (it's at least worth asking), but you can't get a discount day of online.

Are the photo pass photographers available during this event? How about magic shots? Thanks! We are going 8/11/18

Yes, there are several out on Main Street / the Hub. I don't know about Magic Shots, but I 'assume' they are available. I'm sure someone who knows for sure can chime in.

I have a question about using fastpass before DAH starts. DAH will be my only ticket into the park. It starts at 10 p.m. I plan to arrive as early as possible will I be able to still use fast pass with a DAH ticket only? and if i can, what do I show the cast member at the attraction if I don't have a magic band to get in?

Thanks in advance for any help

How did you buy your DAH ticket? Is it linked to your MDX account? Did they mail you a hard ticket? If you don't have a Magic Band, you can use the hard ticket at the FP tap points.

If it's linked to your MDX account, you should be able to go in now and book three FPs in the 7pm-10pm window.

So we got FPS for splash 5:35-6:35, haunted mansion 6:35-7:35, Peter Pan 7:35-8:35. I’m wondering if we should switch one to pirates. We weren’t able to ride it in March because it was closed. Should we just keep what we have?

Our FPs are for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and BTMRR. We will probably repeat BTMRR during DAH, but wanted to definitely be done with the Jungle Cruise/Pirates area of the park. While splash is a longer ride, I loved the experience of being the only ones on the boat with my DS7 and his 7 year old cousin all in one row. I have a great picture from that one. I am also saving HM to hopefully have a mainly empty stretching room. I do think PP is a good choice too.

Our FPs are for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and BTMRR. We will probably repeat BTMRR during DAH, but wanted to definitely be done with the Jungle Cruise/Pirates area of the park. While splash is a longer ride, I loved the experience of being the only ones on the boat with my DS7 and his 7 year old cousin all in one row. I have a great picture from that one. I am also saving HM to hopefully have a mainly empty stretching room. I do think PP is a good choice too.
We are skipping jungle cruise since neither of us really like it that much. I might switch splash to pirates but splash is so long and that’s why I chose to do it before dah. I may switch them though. I’ll ask Dh what he thinks.

Is there any benefit to which side of the park you start on? Are there longer lines in tomorrowland and SDMT at the start of the party because of those who jump in line right before the park closes?
We started in Adventureland on 7/7 and started in Tomorrowland on 7/9. Pretty much no difference in wait times between the two nights -- there were just no lines.

Has DAH ever happened in October? Any chance it will?
It hasn’t happened in October before. I’m not sure if anyone can answer if it will or not. I’m going in October and was hoping there would be one but we decided to go next weekend instead since we liked dah so much last time.

How did you buy your DAH ticket? Is it linked to your MDX account? Did they mail you a hard ticket? If you don't have a Magic Band, you can use the hard ticket at the FP tap points.

If it's linked to your MDX account, you should be able to go in now and book three FPs in the 7pm-10pm window.

I don't have a hard ticket. I bought it on the disney website and then printed it out. It has a bar code on it. Yes, it's linked in my MDX account. I did book three FPs. Would the piece of paper that i printed be what I show at the FP attraction?

We are on the fence about this, wasn't even considering until we watched a video of the TheTimTracker doing it and it looked great.
Anyone have a list or pictures of the specific ice cream and drinks that are included? As an AP holder it would be $89 which I still think of as crazy to pay for 3 hours, but if I end up eating and drinking $20 worth of stuff I would enjoy maybe I could justify it.
Thanks

We are on the fence about this, wasn't even considering until we watched a video of the TheTimTracker doing it and it looked great.
Anyone have a list or pictures of the specific ice cream and drinks that are included? As an AP holder it would be $89 which I still think of as crazy to pay for 3 hours, but if I end up eating and drinking $20 worth of stuff I would enjoy maybe I could justify it.
Thanks
You really get longer than 3 hours because you can get in around 6-6:30 pm.

I don't have a hard ticket. I bought it on the disney website and then printed it out. It has a bar code on it. Yes, it's linked in my MDX account. I did book three FPs. Would the piece of paper that i printed be what I show at the FP attraction?

Do you have a MB from an old trip or any sort of old ticket/admission media that is connected to your account?

If not, you need to go to the will call window with your paper ticket and they'll give you a card. You use that card to enter the park and tap for FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter