Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I started running the 10k races on Avengers weekend last year and have pretty much started signing up for all of the California ones now (I live only a few miles from DL so it's great motivation for fairly little investment), and the thing I have been noticing is how awful my "resting run face" is during the pictures.... I've started doing the same thing, randomly picking trees that I'm approaching to smile and pose at as I go by. I want to be able to share some good race photos, not photos of me looking vaguely distracted and bedraggled (or staring at my feet crossing the finish line). I still don't have something I feel completely confident doing, but I hope I'll get there. Even "bad cheesy" photos would be an improvement.....

I'm a master at hamming it up for photographers (assuming I spot them). I can be in agony and still plaster on a smile when I see someone with a camera. Makes for some great shots and you can pretend like you felt amazing during the whole race when you show people pictures later. :D

Do y'all ever get perturbed when you plaster on a big smile as you are running up and past a photographer and they have their camera down or fiddling with it? That always annoys me!

I started running the 10k races on Avengers weekend last year and have pretty much started signing up for all of the California ones now (I live only a few miles from DL so it's great motivation for fairly little investment), and the thing I have been noticing is how awful my "resting run face" is during the pictures.... I've started doing the same thing, randomly picking trees that I'm approaching to smile and pose at as I go by. I want to be able to share some good race photos, not photos of me looking vaguely distracted and bedraggled (or staring at my feet crossing the finish line). I still don't have something I feel completely confident doing, but I hope I'll get there. Even "bad cheesy" photos would be an improvement.....

I also have an awful "resting run face". I'm glad I'm not alone. Now I do refuse to practice on trees, but in the past couple of DL races, the photographers have been sitting in/in front of these bright green tents. I think they even have a little flag on them. It's only then when I see them I try to smile and look halfway decent.

Do y'all ever get perturbed when you plaster on a big smile as you are running up and past a photographer and they have their camera down or fiddling with it? That always annoys me!
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My photos from PHM were so bad - I need to get on top of my photo training more than my actual running training! I think I'll use the "tree" method on my run tomorrow :tiptoe:

I am *constantly* photographed looking up and/or with my mouth open. Most of my race photos make me look like I'm in amazement at everything.

I'm not saying I'm not, it's just a stupid look. :rotfl:

I can't wait for tomorrow....I'm really hoping waivers go up! I've been watching and the last few races, they always post on the Thursday exactly three weeks before the Expo....so tomorrow! I'm a little worried that the Dark Side race may delay things but have my fingers crossed. :yay:

I can't wait for tomorrow....I'm really hoping waivers go up! I've been watching and the last few races, they always post on the Thursday exactly three weeks before the Expo....so tomorrow! I'm a little worried that the Dark Side race may delay things but have my fingers crossed. :yay:

Me too!!! This is my first rundisney half and since the shorter races don't list your corrals on your waiver, this will be the first time I will know it for sure ahead of the expo instead of just guessing. I'm trying hard to be patient but it's not working.

I'm actually more curious as to how they'll group corrals than what corral I am in. Hopefully the info goes up today. Lots of tiny corrals would be great.

And just when I think I get things figured out...I question myself. I was sure we would see waivers today but I just saw on the rundisney page that it says event guide will be posted "approximately two weeks before the race". So maybe not until next week? :(

I randomly checked when I got to work. I'm pretty happy with my placement. 1st and I'm doing the challenge

How does it work figuring out the 10k or is wait till you pick up the bib

Corral B for the challenge. Super excited.

I have no idea if that means it's Corral B for both the 10K and Half. I'm assuming so.

Corral B for the challenge. Super excited.

I have no idea if that means it's Corral B for both the 10K and Half. I'm assuming so.

You are cordially invited to my...

2-buzzworthy-bee-party-kids-crafts.jpg

I made it actually pretty far forward in B so I'll pat myself on the back for that. But that A group was just too fast for me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter