"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about photos. I would love to get the magical photo of me and DBF with the headless horseman. So do I have to get Magical Maker in order to get the photo? Or, can I get the photo and download it later as per normal?

Memory Maker is not my forte. I just can't fathom the price of it and dont understand the point of it. One of the few things about WDW I cannot understand.
You can get the 1day memory maker for $59 select photo pass in the app and it will give you options $169 for the whole vacation. $59 for one day or $14.95 for one photo.

How much are the tickets to buy the day of the party? Thinking September 1
The Disney website says $74 for adults $69 for children. If you don't want to risk it being sold out, you might want to buy in advance. Especially if it is the only day you can go. Typically I wouldn't expect it to sell out though.

I needed a DIS break for a bit, but I'm back and so excited! FP day is 10 days away, 70 to our trip, 73 to MNSSHP!!!!! :yay: The hardest part besides the waiting is waiting to tell DD - 26 more days until that!

Our costumes are mostly ready. i just need to make (buy? I'd rather buy, I think!) Zero ears for DD somehow. I'm sooooo not crafty. I've also combed Etsy looking for some, but no luck. :scared:

Halloween drawstring bags will be purchased next month. So cute! I can't wait.

The Disney website says $74 for adults $69 for children. If you don't want to risk it being sold out, you might want to buy in advance. Especially if it is the only day you can go. Typically I wouldn't expect it to sell out though.
I read somewhere there more the day of but just cant find the increase. We are flying standby cant risk buying non refundable tickets and not being able to go. If we cant go this time I know there will always be a next time.

I am trying to decide between Tuesday, August 29 of Friday September 1st. Friday would work with our schedule much better, but I have been reading that Fridays are usually very busy. Also, September 1st is the beginning of Labor Day weekend. How bad to Friday parties actually get, in terms of crowds?

I am trying to decide between Tuesday, August 29 of Friday September 1st. Friday would work with our schedule much better, but I have been reading that Fridays are usually very busy. Also, September 1st is the beginning of Labor Day weekend. How bad to Friday parties actually get, in terms of crowds?
I would expect Friday to be more crowded, but always advise folks to pick the day that works best. There are still a limited number of tickets sold each night, and even a sellout is far less crowded than a busy Saturday. And sellout or not, you'll encounter crowds for the exclusive events (parade, fireworks, characters, etc.).

I needed a DIS break for a bit, but I'm back and so excited! FP day is 10 days away, 70 to our trip, 73 to MNSSHP!!!!! :yay: The hardest part besides the waiting is waiting to tell DD - 26 more days until that!

Our costumes are mostly ready. i just need to make (buy? I'd rather buy, I think!) Zero ears for DD somehow. I'm sooooo not crafty. I've also combed Etsy looking for some, but no luck. :scared:

Halloween drawstring bags will be purchased next month. So cute! I can't wait.[/
I found a lady who makes all kinds of ears on etsy. Her sight is called caveofwondears. I got my pooh ears from her and I love them!! She may custom make some for you.....

This etsy seller seems to have Zero (that's the dog right?) so maybe she can do it on both ears :) https://www.etsy.com/listing/509403...uery=mickey mouse ears zero&ref=sr_gallery_10

Hey everyone... I've been reading this thread for a while now in preparation for our first MNSSHP!

We are doing October 27th-Nov 5th for our first visit to the F&W festival, the Halloween party on Halloween (!!!) and my DFTW planning session for my April 2018 Disney wedding :bride:

I read the first post and I understand no full length princess dresses are allowed, but does it have to be touching the ground to be considered "full length"? For example, I'm thinking about going as Rapunzel with maybe a tea length skirt (hits between the ankle and knee). Is that still considered too long? I don't want to be denied entry!!

TIA!

Thanks @Stuarotra I'll try there!

I'm looking for actual ears shaped like Zero's (the dog). I could probably make them easily, but I'm not at all crafty! But thanks for looking out!

View attachment upload_2017-7-12_22-13-9.gif
Hey everyone... I've been reading this thread for a while now in preparation for our first MNSSHP!

We are doing October 27th-Nov 5th for our first visit to the F&W festival, the Halloween party on Halloween (!!!) and my DFTW planning session for my April 2018 Disney wedding :bride:

I read the first post and I understand no full length princess dresses are allowed, but does it have to be touching the ground to be considered "full length"? For example, I'm thinking about going as Rapunzel with maybe a tea length skirt (hits between the ankle and knee). Is that still considered too long? I don't want to be denied entry!!

TIA!

I don't think there's a prohibition on long dresses per se, you just can't have anything trailing on the ground. So any kind of non trailing Princess dress is fine.

View attachment 252238

I don't think there's a prohibition on long dresses per se, you just can't have anything trailing on the ground. So any kind of non trailing Princess dress is fine.
We've been to a MNSSHP for the past 5 or so years & my daughter has had no problem with a dress that comes to her shoes but doesn't drag on the ground. She posted a picture in post #4275.

I think I have all our costumes together! We are going on October 12th, tickets already purchased. We have a 2 pm appointment at Pirate's League (using a regular day ticket also) for all four of us- me, DH, DD 8, and DD 4. It's important to me that the kids be comfortable in the heat so I found these pirate tank tops at Kohl's and found myself a matching striped shirt. My neighbor owns a tshirt business and was able to copy the skull from the kids shirts and print it on sparkly vinyl to put on my shirt so that we match. We'll be wearing them with black skirts.

20170713_142537_resized (2).jpg

But just in case one or both of my dd's decides to do the mermaid look at Pirate's League I also found these cute mermaid skirts on etsy which they can wear with a purple tank top. This way they can decide the day of.20170713_142628_resized_1 (2).jpg

As for DH, he has a prosthetic leg so he will be going as a peg leg pirate courtesy of these special socks. He will wear the Jack Sparrow tshirt with some black capris that are short enough to show off the socks.

20170713_144448_resized (2).jpg

I know pirates and mermaids aren't very original, but we've wanted to do the pirates league as a family for a long time and now that the youngest is old enough the Halloween party seems like the perfect opportunity!

I think I have all our costumes together! We are going on October 12th, tickets already purchased. We have a 2 pm appointment at Pirate's League (using a regular day ticket also) for all four of us- me, DH, DD 8, and DD 4. It's important to me that the kids be comfortable in the heat so I found these pirate tank tops at Kohl's and found myself a matching striped shirt. My neighbor owns a tshirt business and was able to copy the skull from the kids shirts and print it on sparkly vinyl to put on my shirt so that we match. We'll be wearing them with black skirts.

View attachment 252366

But just in case one or both of my dd's decides to do the mermaid look at Pirate's League I also found these cute mermaid skirts on etsy which they can wear with a purple tank top. This way they can decide the day of.View attachment 252370

As for DH, he has a prosthetic leg so he will be going as a peg leg pirate courtesy of these special socks. He will wear the Jack Sparrow tshirt with some black capris that are short enough to show off the socks.

View attachment 252371

I know pirates and mermaids aren't very original, but we've wanted to do the pirates league as a family for a long time and now that the youngest is old enough the Halloween party seems like the perfect opportunity!
I think it sounds awesome!!!!

View attachment 252366

But just in case one or both of my dd's decides to do the mermaid look at Pirate's League I also found these cute mermaid skirts on etsy which they can wear with a purple tank top. This way they can decide the day of.View attachment 252370

View attachment 252371

The pirate shirts for MNSSHP are terrific, the mermaid skirts adorable, but THE PEG LEG PIRATE SOCKS for your DH is just fantastic!!!

I am so excited!! Reading this thread, talking to coworkers and watching YouTube....this party sounds awesome!!! :yay:
I am in my mid 50s and have only been to Disney 3x....my last visit was this past May....and now I get to go a 2nd time in 1 year!!
I am running my 1st 5K at Disney!! we had planned on driving the 8+ hours on Nov 1st........then we realized there was a MNSSHP that night...so, we booked early morning flights (fingers crossed no delays!!).

I do have a question ...and if I've missed this somewhere on the thread, I apologize for the repeat. I know I have tons of time but, I enjoy the months of planning too!!

What time do the character meet & greets typically stop? will they continue til midnight? if so, how were the lines say after 11:00? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter