******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about space in a value's room...
Since my kids became older teenagers we have only done mods because we need the larger beds. My son is over 6' and my daughter is 5'8". They won't share a double bed and I wouldn't expect them to. That's our only reason for going mod. We spend no time in our room except to sleep. So my question is- Is there space anywhere in a value room for a twin sized blow up mattress? We would inflate/deflate each day so I'm not really concerned if it's against policy because it would never be seen by staff. The dates we're looking at have shown no availability at a mod for weeks now and with the possibility of QS only anyway definitely thinking it's not worth it.
They are remodeling the rooms at Pop, so they are rumored to have a queen bed and then a full size Murphy bed. Since there are no official completed room pictures, it is hard to say if an air mattress would fit with the Murphy bed down. However, my sister has used a twin mattress in ASsp and ASmo without any trouble. They actually really enjoy the All Stars and never had any complaints. I know people like PoP because it has its own dedicated buses but there isn't much diffence is stopping at another resort or how the mods have three or four stops. I personally have enjoyed Pop and ASsports and would stay at either again.

Thank you. This is what 4 hours of broken sleep does. I'm like I know it I just can't get to it in this brain.

So of course, since I'm brain dead I passed some time creating a spreadsheet. I'm sure everyone has already worked their numbers but if anyone needs to do any comparisons I got a cool sheet going. Still testing it so anyone want to practice? lol.
I'd love to give it a try!

Some more info for people who have an existing reservation they will need to change once FD drops. So, if you click on "Change Reservation", you get this page:
View attachment 231849

If you click on the "Change" under Vacation offer (red box), this may show up:
View attachment 231850

Which, started to freak me out!
But if you actually click on the "change" under room type (pink box), it brings you to the page to add an offer:
View attachment 231854

The FD offer will show up in the orange box if/when it becomes available.

For my reservation, it would allow me to change room type or resort, if available. But it would not allow me to change dates (not that I wanted to). It could be because I already have DME flight info in the reservation, or just the way the package is set-up. So if you need to change your dates, be prepared to possibly need to either book a whole new reservation or call in.

Thank you so much for this information. Can I ask you do you think it makes a difference if you are changing from a regular rack rate package or a percentage of the room offer to FD? I had a rack rate that I planned to try and switch to FD but then I saw a summer % off the room offer and decided I would switch to that just in case I could not get free dining. Hoping I did not make the change to FD more difficult.

Tips!! Ex a typical family of 4 character buffett rund around 220.00. even with FD your 40$ Out at 18%
I've had a CM tell me that clearing $100k annually is nothing, with that said if all they do is bring a drink and a refill, I don't leave nearly a 20% gratuity.....I love ALL the CMs and they do a great job but I often times have a hard time justifying a $40-$50 tip for being at our table a couple of times.

Oh I feel the shame and hear the bells ringing but I have to ask, has the FD promotions come out?

We will be there mid September. Just curious, can you request certain buildings? Of course, I know there is no guarantee that you will get them. If so, does anyone have recommendation for buildings in Pop standards that are close to dining and transportation. Thx

You can try the touringplans room request service. You have to have a subscription, but you can select specific rooms and they will automatically fax it over to Disney with the right verbiage to get the CM assigning rooms to pick that area. I have heard good reviews of it and people having success getting the room they want.

This sounds worse than what's there now. I suppose not every family is the same as mine.
For some it will be better (2 adults) they now have a queen bed to sleep in not a double bed. If there are only 2 in the room sharing a bed, then way more floor space.

For a family of 4, then yes it will be tighter as the queen bed is larger than a double.

Hi black,
Did you hear whether the minimum on the tickets have changed. Is it still the minimum of two days with the park hopper or park hopper plus?
I am new here, and really excited about possibly getting free dining. I am just curious as to who Black is and how he gets his information. I have seen the same on a couple of blogs I follow. I am just curious as to how information gets spread. I hope it drops soon, but if the rumors are correct, I booked the wrong hotel (POR- not included), and I only had moderate so I could take my daughter to all of the character spots with TS meals.

I am new here, and really excited about possibly getting free dining. I am just curious as to who Black is and how he gets his information. I have seen the same on a couple of blogs I follow. I am just curious as to how information gets spread. I hope it drops soon, but if the rumors are correct, I booked the wrong hotel (POR- not included), and I only had moderate so I could take my daughter to all of the character spots with TS meals.
Not sure who Black is but everyone here seems to know he's the one to listen to!

So far from other information we have seen his start date is not what others have seen, this could be because Disney Visa and Canadians usually get an extra week before the GP start of FD.

Nobody is sure that the moderate resorts are only getting QSDP, until it's released it's just a guess.

I'd love to give it a try!
Okay so here are the details I need and it will give a comparison list. Only give me numbers that could be a possibility. It compares offsite but if that isn't an option for you don't include it.

Resort Rack Rate per night (include tax if you want to)-
# Disney Adults -
# Disney Kids -
Number of nights -
Ticket cost -
Park hopper/plus cost -
Room discount % -
Offsite room amount -
Food OOP amount -

So if I input that it will automatically give us the different costs for different scenarios. I want to see if there are other scenarios that would be good to include.

I've had a CM tell me that clearing $100k annually is nothing, with that said if all they do is bring a drink and a refill, I don't leave nearly a 20% gratuity.....I love ALL the CMs and they do a great job but I often times have a hard time justifying a $40-$50 tip for being at our table a couple of times.

Determining what to tip at the buffets is always a challenge. I agree that if all they do is bring a drink and refills, along with taking always dirty plates it is tough to tip 20%. I wonder, do they make standard server minimum wage of $5.08 per hour. Probably so.

I'll give you my example:

Resort rate - $105
# Disney Adults - 3
# Disney Kids - 1
Number of nights - 9
Ticket cost - $1858
Park hopper/plus - $319
Room Discount % - 20%
Offsite room amount - $1000
Food OOP Amount - $1750

Here are the numbers it crunched by me inputting that:

Cost with Free Dining QS $3,123.21
Cost with Free Dining QS UP DDP $3,731.16
Cost with Free Dining QS UP DxDP $4,863.27
Cost with Room Discount + QS $4,103.74
Cost with Room Discount + DDP $4,711.69
Cost with Room Discount + DxDP $5,843.80
Cost with Room Discount food OOP $4,364.69
Offsite with Ticks / food OOP / Park $4,588.69

Determining what to tip at the buffets is always a challenge. I agree that if all they do is bring a drink and refills, along with taking always dirty plates it is tough to tip 20%. I wonder, do they make standard server minimum wage of $5.08 per hour. Probably so.

But you would also think they have a lot more tables... I won't say anymore. I'm pretty sure talking about religion is safer then tipping on the DIS!! :rockband:

But you would also think they have a lot more tables... I won't say anymore. I'm pretty sure talking about religion is safer then tipping on the DIS!! :rockband:

My wife was a server (unfortunately not at Disney) so we are the type that know how important it is to tip your server. And RARELY would you ever see us too less that 15%, buffet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter