******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disappointing as is most food in BOG - just my taste buds opinions obviously. We've done dinner and lunch. Probably won't be back. I've done CRT twice, once for both kids. Won't be back. Makes getting my ADR's a lot easier. lol.

Agree that the food is is mostly disappointing. I am not a big fan of the NY strip steak. Would rather have a filet mignon. The atmosphere is the only reason to visit BOG. Although lunch is a good value for quick serve. The prime rib sandwich they had when they first opened was decent. Not a fan of the roast beef sandwich that they have now.

I sadly have to say I agree as well. I think lost of folks will be making alternative plans as we continue to see the FD reshaped. None of us are sure this will be the case this year but people seem to be preparing for this eventuality. And I don't believe it will effect Disney's popularity. Sad though, because it will affect those with less means the most, especially those who have been enjoying staying in the parks for many years.
I can understand people being sad to visit Disney differently. To have to stay off Disney property when they've been used to staying in the heart of the magic! But I can also tell you that there a some wonderful resorts, and vacation homes or condos in the area. We have some great memories of spreading out in our own rooms and enjoying our own private pool and hot tub. Many times the prices are so much less than even Disney value resorts that we've been able to lengthen our stay significantly. I know it's an adjustment, but if your family is willing to try something new, I really recommend looking at staying off property when the time comes. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I was just reading through the post about FD on one of the South American TA blogs that was posted here and in the comments someone asked about the minimum ticket requirements. The blog commented back saying that they believe the minimum number of ticket days required will still be 2. Obviously they don't know for sure either, but just thought I'd mention it. I'm really hoping it's only 2 and not 4!! When I read black's post I didn't necessarily think it was clear that 4 days would be the required number of park tickets, just that it was the minimum nights required for your stay. Hoping to get more clarification soon!

Well a light frosting would be more to my liking...but if I have to choose a dessert, it wouldn't be a cupcake. It would be bread pudding from Ohana' or Creme Brulee from the French place...or my favorite, the school bread from Norway...Yum!

Try Shula's. The chocolate soufflé is amazing. We have eaten there twice and the service is top notch.

I do have a question. We have reservations at Pop for week in a standard. After doing some research and considering we have 70 year olds and a 6 and 8 year old..is it worth $15 a night for our 2 rooms to upgrade to a preferred based on description close to dining and transportation? Can people who have stayed there tell me If the rooms are significantly closer and saves lots of walking for a week stay. It would cost $230 + tax to upgrade the 2 rooms. Thx in advance
It depends if you get preferred by the main pool its close, but then again standard is also on the back side, so really only another five steps further

I was just reading through the post about FD on one of the South American TA blogs that was posted here and in the comments someone asked about the minimum ticket requirements. The blog commented back saying that they believe the minimum number of ticket days required will still be 2. Obviously they don't know for sure either, but just thought I'd mention it. I'm really hoping it's only 2 and not 4!! When I read black's post I didn't necessarily think it was clear that 4 days would be the required number of park tickets, just that it was the minimum nights required for your stay. Hoping to get more clarification soon!

I'm surprised so many people asking about this. Are you taking a short trip? I guess I just assume anyone taking a trip would want at least 3-4 days at the parks.

This topic has been debated with no clear answer. Black worded it PH and PH+. Some feel it can't be both because PH+ includes the PH...so essentially it doesn't make sense to say "and". Many of us think it is one or the other. So short answer...we won't know until it comes out. Sorry.

The way it reads is FD is available for ph and FD is available for ph+.

Is it better to have a reservation and modify it once free dining is released or to make a new reservation once it drops. We are going to go regardless just wondering which one gives us a better shot at free dining.

I'm surprised so many people asking about this. Are you taking a short trip? I guess I just assume anyone taking a trip would want at least 3-4 days at the parks.
Guessing that many are planning to spend at least half their week at Universal and just wanted to hit AK for Pandora and one more day at either Epcot F&W or MK?

Well in our case, we have freebies at Universal and Sea World so only have 3 days to devote to WDW parks. And you know what happens when you assume!!!!

It's disappointing as is most food in BOG - just my taste buds opinions obviously. We've done dinner and lunch. Probably won't be back. I've done CRT twice, once for both kids. Won't be back. Makes getting my ADR's a lot easier. lol.
I have to agree with your taste buds. I've never thought much of the food at BOG, but we keep going back. We have ADRs for lunch and dinner this fall. I just can't get enough of that castle!! :cheer2: I think I'd eat cardboard there.

Yes my friend and I have a short trip planned 09/14-09/18. We get in early evening on Thursday and leave bright and early Monday morning so buying a park ticket for those days is pointless. So we have park tickets for Friday and Saturday and on Sunday we are doing MNSSHP so the morning/afternoon that day is going to be a pool day. FD isn't going to make or break our trip but for us it would save money compared to past RO deals so we're just hoping!

Isn't the cupcake just a cupcake with frosting? What is all the hype about the gray stuff?

It's a line in the song Be Our Guest - try the grey stuff, it's delicious. If you don't believe me ask the dishes.

Disney created a special grey frosting (cookies and cream flavour I believe) that is only available at a few places, the most obvious being Be Our Guest restaurant.

True. But would Disney have some one doing the edit at 2am EST on a Saturday? Where would their IT be? Could be possible if they're located in Hawaii!!

I'm guessing someone has already answered this but just in case, updates like Free Dining are coded and tested many times in various test regions prior to them ever going live on the website. I would guess these changes have been in flight for weeks if not months, behind the scenes.

When updates are made to the official website the code changes are scheduled to upload to the production website based on a prearranged date and time. The code can be sitting there for days and not take effect until the clock hits a certain date and time. Disney has IT people monitoring their sites 24/7 as do all major companies so they can troubleshoot any challenges.

I hope this helps with understanding how changes can suddenly appear in the middle of the night.

The last I heard, there were no more GCs being offered at CBR (except people who booked before March 20). Even for those people, if they modified to add Free Dining, wouldn't they then lose the GC? Forgive me if I'm mistaken.

It's all but confirmed that adding free dining will not cancel out the gift cards as they are compensation, not an offer. People have been successfully adding RO discounts and other offers to their reservations and have retained the GCs, so it stands to reason they would also be retained if the free dining offer is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter