******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first trip in Sept 2015 was kind of a disaster during Illuminations so I think he's having flashbacks to that and wants to plan ahead. Story time: We got in line at the Mexico QS because it was nearby and the fireworks were starting soon. I'm Mexican and we live in Houston so we eat excellent Mexican food all the time. So we're already not jazzed about where we're eating but also starving so we just deal. We finally get up to the counter and order, at this point the show is starting and there's no way we're scoring seats at the coveted lake view area so we get our food and get shunted around by the crowds to the area between Mexico and Norway (?) so we try to find a place to sit. We eat perched on some boulders and try to watch the last bits of illuminations when a fat black roach falls into my SO's nachos. Oh boy, we were frustrated, tired, and hungry. We ended up getting pizza delivered to our room that night to treat ourselves from our lack of planning. And we park hopped the following night just to get a nice clear view of the full Illuminations show.
:charac2::joker: Maybe that's why I'm going crazy planning every detail. I don't want to relive that disaster hahaha!

OMG EWWW but I agree on the going crazy to plan every bit of the trip. I had a pretty bad trip about 10+ years ago. Now I am just not going to let anything end or upset this trip. I've been working too long to make this work.

OMG EWWW but I agree on the going crazy to plan every bit of the trip. I had a pretty bad trip about 10+ years ago. Now I am just not going to let anything end or upset this trip. I've been working too long to make this work.

Haha that's my feeling too. The more I plan for now the more I'll enjoy my trip when the time comes because all the work will already be done. Besides planning is just fun for me. I love talking about what we want to focus on or remembering that one thing we didn't get to do and to make sure we do it this time. I've been planning since January and I get more excited for our trip the closer it gets! We booked CBR so I'm really hoping we get to stay there with the FD, it'll be our first time at a MOD. If not, c'monnn POP!

True, also trying to plan out those times when something could go wrong. a ride may go down, or we may just have to miss some things.

Keep in mind that ADRs are much harder to come by during FD periods. When the food is free, the restaurants pack them in.

It's really true. There's part of me that hoping my week will have a RO offer instead because I think FD would only marginally be a better deal for my family if we stay deluxe again. I booked a trip once only 3 months out and the ADR availability difference for the RO week vs FD was unreal. Now that I'm in grad school and don't have time to stalk ADRs, not getting FD might actually be a blessing, IF they offer a RO, which they might not do either since October is just so popular now.

Off topic:
1. Blaze Pizza - I keep seeing this mentioned and am wondering...do many here not have Blaze at home? We have them in Oklahoma.
2. Flight prices - when booking my flights I saw first hand the tricky nature of airlines. I was online from 12:30am-1:45am CST looking at flights for our trip. My flight to MCO was around $205. I didn't book it. I went to book it at 12:45pm (12hours later) it was $226. To be clear, I had screen shot the available seats....the exact same seats were available both times. This is the 2nd time I've seen this happen firsthand. And they still deny it.
This totally happens! I said something about it a couple of days ago. One of my clients works reservations for southwest and she told me to check in the middle of the night, that sometimes they will run online only flash sales that may only last an hour or two. So crazy!! I guess if we're up in the middle of the night checking for free dining we can check airfare too ;)

Definitely. It's impossible to plan for every minute of the trip, things happen and you just have to let it gooo :earboy2:

True and I have also been planning the first few days and then letting the last few just be FP+ and if need an evening dinner to fit in it, else wise we would hope to whatever park we want in the morning for 1 or 2 days.
Let it goo, let it goo (sings) hehe love Elsa.

I know there is a certain travel agency that has exclusive deals and sells convention park tickets, that has great deals, but the DIS forbids mentioning them on here. I priced my trip through them and it was almost $1000 less than what I'm getting through my TA (who I'm cancellling with, but that's another story). But FD will save me much more, so I'm gonna try for that, if not I may go through that TA. Google, you'll find the name.
I have booked a trip for October this year with this agency and saved almost $500 plus a watermark day. We will see how it goes.

I went to special events on the WDW website and clicked on MNSSHP, then clicked on dates and what to wear. I think.

Ahh! Tricky. Wonder when tickets will go on sale?

Does anyone know if party tickets added to your res make things difficult when modifying bookings like the Memory Maker has been reported to do?

Can someone PLEEEEASE post MNSSHP dates. For some reason it's still saying unavailable for me:sad1:

It's only an amendment to the text within the information about costumes. Easy to miss unless someone points it out as the kind Disneylover99 did above did for me.

MNSSHP dates are in the image below. :jumping1:

Ahhhhhh I see it now. Thank you!!! Very sneaky ☺

Can someone PLEEEEASE post MNSSHP dates. For some reason it's still saying unavailable for me:sad1:

• August 25 and 29, 2017
  • September 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26 and 29, 2017
  • October 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29 and 31, 2017
  • November 1, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter