******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been getting a little freaked out by the lack of availability in ADRs. I've been shocked at what people can't find. So I did a dinner search for tomorrow for 4 people.

This isn't all of them but here is what is available.

50s prime time
1900 Park Fare
Artist Point
Biergarten
Boathouse
Boma
California Grill
Cape May
Captains Grill
Homecomin
Chef mickeys
Chef de France
Citricois
Coral reef
Crystal palace
Spirit of aloha dinner
Fantasmic dining package brown derby and h&v
Flying fish
Garden Grill
Highway Sky dine around
Hollywood & vine
Hoop Dee doo
Jiko
Skipper canteen
Liberty tree
Monsieur Paul
Morimoto
Narcoosses
Rivers of light dining package (tiffons and tusker house)
Rose and crown
Sanaa
Sci fi
Tiffins
Tusker house
Whispering canyon
Victoria and Alberts
Yachtsmen

Okay not an exhaustive list even but most of these had multiple times between 5-8.

So if you don't get what you want keep checking especially as you get really close. And Josh has tomorrow at a level 6 so not like it's a completely empty day or anything.
Impressive!! Thanks for doing that. Although I've locked in my ADRs for Sept/Oct, it's nice to know if we need to move things around the option will probably be there.
No surprise that CRT and BOG aren't on the list! But I've nabbed them already, so all good.

Impressive!! Thanks for doing that. Although I've locked in my ADRs for Sept/Oct, it's nice to know if we need to move things around the option will probably be there.
No surprise that CRT and BOG aren't on the list! But I've nabbed them already, so all good.

Yep you got it. And the only ohana was at 9:30.

Keep in mind that ADRs are much harder to come by during FD periods. When the food is free, the restaurants pack them in.

Hey you!!! :hug: Sweet of you to notice! I saw you pop back around here in March and smiled at your posts :goodvibes I like seeing you posting! I see @black562 had also arrived, just need @smitch425 and it'll be old times! I've not seen her in the MNSSHP thread either. I've been lurking mostly in this thread, watching and reading when I could. I've been stalking the MNSSHP thread, and Star Wars Dessert Party and some reservation threads. Trying to figure out this "new Disney policy" of not announcing dates for anything until a month before. It's havoc on us over-planners :rotfl:

Real life has been crazy with work and trying to finish this degree. I tell you, going back to school for another degree many years later is not fun. I had finally decided that to advance my career I'd have to suck it up and get another degree, and it's been crazy this past few months of my last semester. I'll be done in May though, and I can return my full attention to my Disney Obsession! (Let's not talk about the new job thing...) I'm lucky to have my FD bounce back again this year, so I can just support others instead of having to get in the hubbub. I need to post more, and I've been trying lately. My Disney craziness is firing back up, basically after I did my ADRs haha! It's like a gateway drug, I'm hooked again and back on the boards.

You'll be ready for your trip at least, right? And gateway drug is probably the most accurate way I have heard it described. Mickey the dealer!

I've been away from any Disney planning all day because we're getting ready for a quarterly audit at work. So now I'm catching up on the pages from this thread :teeth: I really hope we get some chatter in the next couple of days for the 4/10 FD rumor. :listen:

My SO asked this morning if we could do Rose & Crown dinner during Illuminations, apparently it's the prime spot for fireworks at Epcot. I looked for a ressie during our possible Epcot night and there wasn't any good availability. I'm sure during FD the restaurants are maxed out, and the first to go are the popular spots and the fireworks viewing spots. Oh well, what my baby wants my baby gets. I'm adding to my daily ressie search rotation along BOG dinner. :upsidedow

The last time I went to Disney was October of 2006. It was so hot, but we had a blast. We had free dining and I guess it wasn't a thing then. As in, I knew about it, called my husband to discuss, we mulled over it for a while and about a week later booked for the exact value room we wanted. Fast forward 11 years and I'm planning on staying up all night to get it when I have the money set aside for dining already and stressing over it like it's the be all end all...when in actuality I'm paying for it one way or another....uggh...the struggle is real!

The last time I went to Disney was October of 2006. It was so hot, but we had a blast. We had free dining and I guess it wasn't a thing then. As in, I knew about it, called my husband to discuss, we mulled over it for a while and about a week later booked for the exact value room we wanted. Fast forward 11 years and I'm planning on staying up all night to get it when I have the money set aside for dining already and stressing over it like it's the be all end all...when in actuality I'm paying for it one way or another....uggh...the struggle is real!

There's something about FD man! :crazy:

I've been away from any Disney planning all day because we're getting ready for a quarterly audit at work. So now I'm catching up on the pages from this thread :teeth: I really hope we get some chatter in the next couple of days for the 4/10 FD rumor. :listen:

My SO asked this morning if we could do Rose & Crown dinner during Illuminations, apparently it's the prime spot for fireworks at Epcot. I looked for a ressie during our possible Epcot night and there wasn't any good availability. I'm sure during FD the restaurants are maxed out, and the first to go are the popular spots and the fireworks viewing spots. Oh well, what my baby wants my baby gets. I'm adding to my daily ressie search rotation along BOG dinner. :upsidedow

Rose & Crown isn't the only venue. Spice Road Table would be a great spot and isn't usually as booked. La Hacienda is another possibility, but not really a very good one.

But reality is, you can get a spot to see Illuminations within minutes of the show without a dinner reservation anywhere.

That would be awesome, Monday is my daughter's birthday!

I love this thread, I've never seen one so full of nice and encouraging people. Thanks for all the kind words concerning my daughter. :love:

Terri
Wishing your daughter a wonderful birthday filled with special memories and a little bit of magic! :cake: :wizard:

Rose and crown during illuminations books up at or before the 180 window from what I can tell. My ADR for Rose and Crown is a bit too early as it is and I booked it at 178 days and I had to book a party of four to trick the system since party of 2's always have low availability it seems. The best I could find was 7:15. Im hoping that I can get an outdoor seat and bide my time with drinks and apps for a good long while and put off ordering dinner until closer to 8:00 and then dilly dally over dessert so that it is coming out right as the show starts. Here's to hoping :drinking1

Rose & Crown isn't the only venue. Spice Road Table would be a great spot and isn't usually as booked. La Hacienda is another possibility, but not really a very good one.

But reality is, you can get a spot to see Illuminations within minutes of the show without a dinner reservation anywhere.

Our first trip in Sept 2015 was kind of a disaster during Illuminations so I think he's having flashbacks to that and wants to plan ahead. Story time: We got in line at the Mexico QS because it was nearby and the fireworks were starting soon. I'm Mexican and we live in Houston so we eat excellent Mexican food all the time. So we're already not jazzed about where we're eating but also starving so we just deal. We finally get up to the counter and order, at this point the show is starting and there's no way we're scoring seats at the coveted lake view area so we get our food and get shunted around by the crowds to the area between Mexico and Norway (?) so we try to find a place to sit. We eat perched on some boulders and try to watch the last bits of illuminations when a fat black roach falls into my SO's nachos. Oh boy, we were frustrated, tired, and hungry. We ended up getting pizza delivered to our room that night to treat ourselves from our lack of planning. And we park hopped the following night just to get a nice clear view of the full Illuminations show.
:charac2::joker: Maybe that's why I'm going crazy planning every detail. I don't want to relive that disaster hahaha!

Sounds like a good plan! I had my heart set on Via Napoli but I don't think they have outdoor seating. Might have to settle for an early dinner and then staking out a good spot along the railing for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter