******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blog.viajeromagico.com/2017/...e-comidas-gratis-disney-para-septiembre-2017/

This is a blog post on the site that's given us early rumors in the past. It's not any more than we already know. This travel agent is guessing that free dining will follow the pattern of years past: late august and all of september included with most of october blacked out and a release the last week of april.

I belive it also suggests that the quick service will be offered at values and moderates and regular dining plan at deluxes only.

I did the same thing but felt like it wasn't that active right before and after but so many thread split ups maybe some were posting elsewhere.
They moved to a 2nd thread just before page 250 in case it got closed and that was April 22-25 at 4am when DIS goes down and then it picked up again around 5:30am - and that thread was like 240 pages i was like WOW

I belive it also suggests that the quick service will be offered at values and moderates and regular dining plan at deluxes only.
Apparently, this has been the case for other countries the last year or so. The UK, Latin America, etc. all got QS with mods and free breakfast only with values. Would make financial sense for them to do that for us too, but who knows.

My trip is booked with a ta as a favor to a friend--I have control issues and would normally do it myself lol. She will likely be out of the country when fd drops and i don't want her to stress about it on her vacation. Am I able to book a new pkg online and transfer the reservation to her when she's back? Or does the ta have to actually make the booking?

My trip is booked with a ta as a favor to a friend--I have control issues and would normally do it myself lol. She will likely be out of the country when fd drops and i don't want her to stress about it on her vacation. Am I able to book a new pkg online and transfer the reservation to her when she's back? Or does the ta have to actually make the booking?
you can make the res and transfer it to her

They moved to a 2nd thread just before page 250 in case it got closed and that was April 22-25 at 4am when DIS goes down and then it picked up again around 5:30am - and that thread was like 240 pages i was like WOW

Yeah I read from when black announced on 4/22 to the end of that thread but did not pick back up on the new one. Hard enough to find first one. I stink at DIS search.

Apparently, this has been the case for other countries the last year or so. The UK, Latin America, etc. all got QS with mods and free breakfast only with values. Would make financial sense for them to do that for us too, but who knows.

If this is the case I'm really happy I am already sold on a value. Paying mod room rate and having to pay upgrade too rich for me for this year.

Yeah I read from when black announced on 4/22 to the end of that thread but did not pick back up on the new one. Hard enough to find first one. I stink at DIS search.
me too someone posted it or else I would have given up, but on the continued thread I just looked to see how convo was going but it was too much chat like post at that point to keep people up for the drop. I just wanted to see if the drop time was alerted ahead but nope. People kept checking from midnight to 4am and beyond.
I just wish we would see that STANDBY from Black like last year already

My TA said for me to go ahead and get whatever I want since I know she won't be up at 1 am checking. If it can be transferred later then fine, if not she said don't worry.

Still can't get RoL Dining package for TH in the morning. Was anyone able to get one for August dates?

I did get BoG booked for two mornings. I will cancel one for sure if I can't get RoL breakfast pkg at TH.
I was about to get it for the last Saturday in August.. but only dinner (4:40pm). I was hoping for a friday

I have a feeling those that booked the Savory Summer Offer have a better deal than FD. We got in before price increases on tickets and the resorts. You can upgrade from the one QS meal to full QSDP or even DDP. It may be different for those that booked a moderate or deluxe resort or if you have more than 2 people.

I was about to get it for the last Saturday in August.. but only dinner (4:40pm). I was hoping for a friday
I now have two reservations, prefer the first one I booked but I could only get it for 4 guests. Second one is at least for the two of us, just not on a day I like.

I have a feeling those that booked the Savory Summer Offer have a better deal than FD. We got in before price increases on tickets and the resorts. You can upgrade from the one QS meal to full QSDP or even DDP. It may be different for those that booked a moderate or deluxe resort or if you have more than 2 people.

Especially if we have to get park hopper and you didn't! WTG!

Does anyone know what the upgrade price was from the summer 1 free QS meal to upgrade to reg, dining plan? We currently have that deal with 10 days park hopper and more tickets) but I want to see the calculations to find out whether FD would be a better deal for us (2 Adults 1 child) or if we should stick with our current deal.

I just decided to read thru the 2016 thread to see how far out the info came and how amped everyone got - so much reading on an old thread and now I am even more anxious! I wish we knew it would be a 4am drop again that night, whenever it is, is going to be a long one
Yep!! I won't bother going to bed that night because if I set my alarm for every hour I'm just going to lay there waiting for the alarm to go off anyway. I might as well make a strong pot of coffee , catch up on my favourite shows, and have an online slumber party with all of you. From what I recall, slumber parties never included sleep anyway.:rotfl:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the upgrade price was from the summer 1 free QS meal to upgrade to reg, dining plan? We currently have that deal with 10 days park hopper and more tickets) but I want to see the calculations to find out whether FD would be a better deal for us (2 Adults 1 child) or if we should stick with our current deal.
I only did it to QSDP (didn't book it) but it works out to $30.25 per adult. Not sure for child since my niece is considered an adult. The QS is all bundled together so you could save $ by just ordering two adult meals each time and pay out of pocket for your child's meal.

I probably won't upgrade. I will use our QS meals on the more expensive ones and when we feel like pizza just pay out of pocket for those. I don't drink soda unless it's soda water so paying for drinks isn't something I would do. With my Swagbucks I can get gift cards to Starbucks and we can get fancy drinks or food if we need and it will cost me nothing. We will be there in the heat so I don't think we will be eating a lot of food.

If this is the case I'm really happy I am already sold on a value. Paying mod room rate and having to pay upgrade too rich for me for this year.

I think values will continue to get quick service and mods will continue to get TS, at least for this year anyways. I can't see them changing it now since anyone with FD BB will get that. I can see them maybe changing the FD bb offer this summer though to only offering QS at mods though. We'll see.

I only did it to QSDP (didn't book it) but it works out to $30.25 per adult. Not sure for child since my niece is considered an adult. The QS is all bundled together so you could save $ by just ordering two adult meals each time and pay out of pocket for your child's meal.

I probably won't upgrade. I will use our QS meals on the more expensive ones and when we feel like pizza just pay out of pocket for those. I don't drink soda unless it's soda water so paying for drinks isn't something I would do. With my Swagbucks I can get gift cards to Starbucks and we can get fancy drinks or food if we need and it will cost me nothing. We will be there in the heat so I don't think we will be eating a lot of food.

Hey fellow swagger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter