******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can make the res and transfer it to her[/QUO
you can make the res and transfer it to her
Can you please tell me how this is done? You can't make the reservation in your own name and then transfer it over correct? I'm trying to figure out if you need to link the other person on your account and then book the reservation under their own name not yours...I know you cannot book a reservation under your name and transfer it to someone else...

Hi Hi Fellow Swagers I to use Swagbucks too for some savings. In fact I had planned to use amazon gift cards from Swagbucks to get southwest gift cards, but I got the southwest gift cards a different way still Swagbucks will be used for many trip related things. Like a new bag I want to get my son for his bday, for the trip.

:offtopic: While we are waiting for FD drop ......what are "swagbucks"?

It is just a site where you can earn gift cards and such by doing surveys, watching videos, rebates, coupons, etc.

I belong to 10 such sites and pay for our yearly vacations with it.

I'm a two year survivor. Just got a thumbs up on my exam yesterday, still cancer free!

There are a lot of us out here! :lovestruc
I am a 10 year breast cancer survivor. I had a double mastectomy in 2011. I thankfully have been doing well since.
Love it when I hear those words...still no evidence of disease! :rainbow:
We Disney survivors must stick together...support is essential and is what got me through. party:

You're talking about transferring it to a TA right? From what I understand, you make the res under your name, then you have to fill out or sign some form that the TA should provide you with. Your TA should know how to do it. You just can't pay it off before you transfer it. At least, this is what I've read on here :)

It is just a site where you can earn gift cards and such by doing surveys, watching videos, rebates, coupons, etc.

I belong to 10 such sites and pay for our yearly vacations with it.

Wow. Sounds great. How much time is involved?

Sorry, just realised referrals might not be allowed.

Last edited:
Wow. Sounds great. How much time is involved?

You can do as little or lot as you want. To make what I have been making it takes a lot of time. But I'm home with my kids homeschooling so I have time. I am trying to find some part time work because it would definitely be better then what I've been doing but as I tell my dh it's $$ we didn't have before. Lol. I started doing pet sitting too and that is going towards it. I'm at 70% of what I think the package will be so doing pretty good I have until late November. I also use an app that tells me how much I need to make each day to make my goal. It started at $11 a day and now it's down to $4.80 a day. So not bad.

Currently booked at Poly through Disney. I just found a much cheaper rate through my husband's work discount site via Priceline. If I book my room through them anyone know if I can still get free dining added?? Trying to figure out what makes the most sense. If we can get the free dining when released it would be best to keep my reservation but if not it would save me $900.

Currently booked at Poly through Disney. I just found a much cheaper rate through my husband's work discount site via Priceline. If I book my room through them anyone know if I can still get free dining added?? Trying to figure out what makes the most sense. If we can get the free dining when released it would be best to keep my reservation but if not it would save me $900.

You have to buy a package through disney to get free dining. But run the numbers the discount at poly might be better.

I didn't post a referral because I don't think we are supposed to on these boards.

I don't mean this to sound chastising just kind of letting everyone know the DIS frowns on it.
Sorry, removed. Can you delete the quote and then it will be gone.

You have to buy a package through disney to get free dining. But run the numbers the discount at poly might be better.

It's a $900 difference so if we can't get the free dining it makes sense. Just got off the phone with Disney and the agent said the FD could be released in May or June. Really hoping he doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't know what to do because $900 is a big difference for the room and FD isn't guaranteed. We don't plan on changing hotels if we can't get it.

I only did it to QSDP (didn't book it) but it works out to $30.25 per adult. Not sure for child since my niece is considered an adult. The QS is all bundled together so you could save $ by just ordering two adult meals each time and pay out of pocket for your child's meal.

I probably won't upgrade. I will use our QS meals on the more expensive ones and when we feel like pizza just pay out of pocket for those. I don't drink soda unless it's soda water so paying for drinks isn't something I would do. With my Swagbucks I can get gift cards to Starbucks and we can get fancy drinks or food if we need and it will cost me nothing. We will be there in the heat so I don't think we will be eating a lot of food.

Thank you! What a good Idea about using 1 QS and paying OOP for Child meal, I didn't realize the QS were not designated as Children's vs. Adult!!! So good to know!
With an upgrade of $30.25 for Adults just to get to the QSDP (and it being more I'm sure to upgrade to DDP) If we want to do a some table meals I might be better off with the FD or if all else fails, just keeping the Summer meal deal and then paying OOP for Children's QS meal and the table meals.
Thanks again!

It's a $900 difference so if we can't get the free dining it makes sense. Just got off the phone with Disney and the agent said the FD could be released in May or June. Really hoping he doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't know what to do because $900 is a big difference for the room and FD isn't guaranteed. We don't plan on changing hotels if we can't get it.

Could be but yeah they don't really know. I wasn't understanding where the $900 came in so couldn't compare. I am assuming the Priceline you can't cancel?? How much will FD save you?

Thank you! What a good Idea about using 1 QS and paying OOP for Child meal, I didn't realize the QS were not designated as Children's vs. Adult!!! So good to know!
With an upgrade of $30.25 for Adults just to get to the QSDP (and it being more I'm sure to upgrade to DDP) If we want to do a some table meals I might be better off with the FD or if all else fails, just keeping the Summer meal deal and then paying OOP for Children's QS meal and the table meals.
Thanks again!

I can't believe the upgrade is $30. I would think it would be $24 since the QS is $48 a day. You would think you would get credit for $24 and not $18. But maybe because there aren't snacks?

So from Savory deal to DDP it looks like you are looking at $51 a day for adult.

Could be but yeah they don't really know. I wasn't understanding where the $900 came in so couldn't compare. I am assuming the Priceline you can't cancel?? How much will FD save you?

The $900 is the difference in just the room cost between booking through Disney or booking through Priceline. The park tickets would be the same regardless. If we get free dining then paying $900 more for the room makes sense because we are booked at the Poly and would get the Deluxe Meal Plan (hopefully). If we don't get free dining it makes more sense to pay less for the room and I could use that $900 to pay for food out of pocket. Make sense?

The Priceline reservation has to be prepaid BUT it is fully refundable!

I don't know what to do. Since we don't know when FD is being releases not sure if I should take the chance and lose Priceline room. But I'd have to cancel my room through Disney.

The $900 is the difference in just the room cost between booking through Disney or booking through Priceline. The park tickets would be the same regardless. If we get free dining then paying $900 more for the room makes sense because we are booked at the Poly and would get the Deluxe Meal Plan (hopefully). If we don't get free dining it makes more sense to pay less for the room and I could use that $900 to pay for food out of pocket. Make sense?

Booking at the poly still only gets you the regular dining plan. If you want deluxe you would have to pay to upgrade. Yes, it makes sense but you have to do the actual math of ow many people you have factoring in park hopper, etc to see what the actual savings amount for you is versus the pretty substantial room discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter